The Blind Watchers of the Sylvan Shard

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: I'm submitting the adventure to the judges tonight, so we'll begin very shortly. Sorry to make you wait so early in the game, my sincerest apologies. :eek:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Thallirae leads the way east out of Old Medibaria to the place she calls the Wyrwood. On the way she explains that the Wyrwood is actually a small portion of the massive Silverwood, not a separate forest. "The humans called it the Wyrwood because of the mystic forces present there, we elves simply consider it the southern portion of Silverwood. Some say the wood is haunted, others say it is protected by powerful magics. During the Sundering of the Silverwood, the Wyrwood was somehow untouched."

She also explains about the Wyrwood Monastery. "Perhaps you have heard of it? My sister cousin Nhairi is blind, as are all the brothers of the Wyrwood Order. The brothers are well known for their mastercrafted musical instruments, they are the envy of every bard. Whenever I have visited, the Monastery is always filled with music, hauntingly beautiful. The monks, having no sight, have focused on perfecting their other senses. The whole concept is quite enchanting, I think, and I am glad my sister cousin has found a place to truly call home."

After two days of travel, you reach the River Roars and make camp there.

OOC: Watch order, please. Thallirae will take whatever is left. She only needs 4 hours of trance.

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
OoC: Tumna would prefer the earliest watch, though she can take any one since she doesn't need to recover PP at this time.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Saithnar- M Elan Psion(Telepath) 3 (AC:11, HP: 16, PP: 16/17)

Saithnar is fine with any watch shift. Maybe he'll take the one after Tumna. So he will stay up and talk with her some until his shift begins. After his shift and before he rests, he will spend a power point to activate his repletion power so that he can continue to go without food or water for another 24 hours. (This is his normal routine unless he spends all his PP for the day in battle.)

"This monestary sounds very intruiging. I believe I shall enjoy seeing...and hearing...it when we arrive there." Saithnar comments to Tumna as they set up camp for the evening.

BigB

First Post
Khairi will take any shift, as a fighter doesn't really matter. He will spend his shift frantically looking about as so many trees cast shadows and make him uncomfortable (being from the dessert and all). How can you live in so enclosed a space?

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
"If you think this is enclosed, wait until we reach the Monastery. The oaks there are incredibly ancient, and if I am not mistaken, fed daily with druidic magic. Their trunks are massive, and their branches form an impenetrable canopy. We will not see the first such tree until six days out of Medibaria, I would estimate. So enjoy this open air while you can, Khairi," Thallirae smiles gently.

Richard Rawen

First Post
Seeing Khairi's discomfort, Richard sidles up. "Don't think on it. Remember that as a warrior you will never be in the ideal surroundings, we go where the battle is. Learn to use your surroundings. Watch Rinya and Lucien, try to learn from the way they move and ask them about forrest lore... we're in their hands in the wild. Just keep your wits, you'll do fine."

OOC: Richard, as yet another fighter, will be fine with any watch. He will keep an eye on the young Khairi. Before bedding down he will inspect his weapons, starting with his beautifully crafted bastardsword, then his armor, then other equipment, looking for signs of wear or weakness.

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Dunno, I've never really been one for this culture mumbo-jumbo," Tumna answers Saithnar. "Though I'll be mighty interested in finding out how they manage to create all those instruments if they're blind; I've always found it hard to walk across the room if I can't see, much less craft something!"

Remove ads