The Blind Watchers of the Sylvan Shard

Heckler

First Post
Rinya will grab the healing wand and go to Khairi. "I hope I've figured out how to use this thing," she mutters as she starts whacking him with the healing stick. "Richard, how are you?"

ooc: I'll tag Khairi 3 times with the wand for starters, hopefully that'll wake him up. I'll keep track of charges in my first post.

1d8+1=6, 1d8+1=6, 1d8+1=9

Khair gets 21 hp back.

Khairi, Richard, do you guys need more? Anybody else need some lovin'?

Richard Rawen

First Post
OOC: what is Richard's total stat damage, or is that something you like to keep behind the screen?

Richard seems to stagger a bit, and sits down awkwardly. "Uhm... I'd take a shot of that healy stick, sure... The fighter looks over to his neatly stacked armor and then looks back to his sickly colored double puncture wound and sighs.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Up to now, Richard has received only 2 points of Dex damage. He needs to make another fortitude save (DC 15) to avoid the secondary poison damage. Khairi also needs to make 2 more saves.

Thallirae puts her bow down and sighs. "That was... rather stupid of them, was it not?"

Heckler

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Thallirae puts her bow down and sighs. "That was... rather stupid of them, was it not?"

"It seems so...," Rinya responds, looking into the branches above. Maybe they weren't that stupid...

Dalamar

Adventurer
"That could've been just to gauge our strength," Tumna notes. "Provided that there was someone watching the fight, that is."

Richard Rawen

First Post
[sblock=confused]First:
Rae ArdGaoth said:
. . . After a few moments, Richard shudders as he feels the poison set in again. Khairi also squirms in his unconscious state. (Fort save from Richard, two from Khairi DC: 15)
(Emphasis Mine)
Then:
Rae ArdGaoth said:
OOC: Up to now, Richard has received only 2 points of Dex damage. He needs to make another fortitude save (DC 15) to avoid the secondary poison damage.
Which is it? I had Richard behave as though he'd taken several points of Dex damage based on the first post, which would indicate that you'd sped up time and Richard was now down 3d6 Dex... low avg of about 7 Dex from his 13 base...
Incidentally, I am playing Richard as ignorant of how healing works, so his disappointment with the healing isn't so much from the size of the wound but his lack of recovered Dex. I will revise his behavior based on the loss of only 2 Dex thus far.[/sblock]
Heckler said:
"Just one?" Rinya asks, looking at Richards wound.

*whack* (Richard is healed for 4)

"How's that?"
Richard feels the strange mix of sensations - the slender wand smacking his shoulder above the wound contrasting with the soothing healing magic.
As he watches the small blue glow fade from around his wound he frowns and looks up at his Elven friend. "I dunno," he says, flexing and frowning some more, "it still doesn't feel right... and the sickly feeling isn't gone either... but lets hold off on your gentle touch for now, I don'wanna waste that thingy."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
[sblock=OOC on Poison: ]When I said that Richard "shuddered", I just meant, in character, "The secondary damage is occurring now, time to make another save!" Not that he had actually failed his save and taken damage (which is why I asked for another save from Richard).

I'm really sorry for all the confusion. I think I'm being clear and concise, but I suppose not...[/sblock]

Richard Rawen

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
[sblock=OOC on Poison: ]When I said that Richard "shuddered", I just meant, in character, "The secondary damage is occurring now, time to make another save!" Not that he had actually failed his save and taken damage (which is why I asked for another save from Richard).

I'm really sorry for all the confusion. I think I'm being clear and concise, but I suppose not...[/sblock]
OOC: gotcha, sorry so dense.

As the group discusses the grim possibility that this was merely a scouting mission the fighter begins to buckle and strap his armor to his frame, quickly he feels his gut clench as he presses the metal against the hastily dressed wound. Clenching his teeth the large man seems to deflate a bit, audibly sighing in relief. "I hear tell spider bites can be lethal... guess I dodged* that bolt..."Once his armor is on and his sword strapped secure he helps to drag the awful bodies from the camp. He too is alert and wary of any additional attacks. Assuming that things remain quiet he will gather his gear, his ichor-stained javelin, and check and clean everything. Sleep, if he's allowed any, will be awhile coming. He will sit with his back to his pack and his sword in his lap for the time he is not on watch...

*OOC: Rolled a 16! :)

Remove ads