• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Bloods of Sigil - Metatron's Bequest

WhatKu

First Post
Pulling a knife out of his sleeve, Thanatos starts sharpening it. "It appears that our freind has gone mute. Oh well. Names Thanatos. Ever since the incedient, I have been able to do some odd stuff. What do you guys do?"

Last edited:

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
WhatKu said:
Pulling a knife out of his sleeve, Thanatos starts sharpening it. "It appears that our freind has gone mute. Oh well. Names Thanatos. Ever since the incedient, I have been able to do some odd stuff. What do you guys do?"

"Not mute," says Weness. "Just thinking. Metatron was eviscerated, and his entrails were hung about the portalarium like streamers. Quite a violent death, and a posthumous...err...decorating job that took some time and considerable malice. As for the will, Metatron had it drawn up anew last month during the Festival of Flies."

The ettin shudders. The Festival of Flies, an annual event in Sigil sponsored by the Cage's Infernals, is quite a spectacle, but few except the residents of the lower planes, excluding the Abyssals, find much to appreciate in the spectacle. An Infernal's ideas about celebration are what many politely call an "acquired taste."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Tendak said:
It's nice to see someone has a sense of humor. The way the others were acting, he says, gesturing towards the portal, and signalling with his eyes towards the Dustman, that we were at a funeral. Wait, I guess we kind of are.

Cassius grins at joke, humor in his eyes and and an overall casual attitude in his actions.

Metatron was eviscerated, and his entrails were hung about the portalarium like streamers. Quite a violent death, and a posthumous...err...decorating job that took some time and considerable malice. As for the will, Metatron had it drawn up anew last month during the Festival of Flies."

"Ewww, what a way for a berk ta go . . . musta been quite a shock for Androcles. Hey is Androcles still at the Basalt Tower?" Cassius asks. I remember the Festival of Flies . . . not some of my better experiences - but having experienced them, I'm wiser than I was before the festival,Cassius thinks.

Looking to Thanatos, Cassius replies, "Name's Cassius, and lately I've been doing whatever I want. You know help some berks here, help myself there - the usual. Just what sorta 'incident' are you taking 'bout?"

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Keia said:
"Ewww, what a way for a berk ta go . . . musta been quite a shock for Androcles. Hey is Androcles still at the Basalt Tower?" Cassius asks.

Both slumbering ettin heads nod. "Aye," says Weness. "Androcles remains in residence."

Meanwhile, an incalculable distance away, the doomguard Randir re-enters normal time sync deep within the twisting alleys of the Hive. The Tower Basalt, easily the tallest structure for many hundred yards around, dominates the block. Around it, pressed in tight, leaving space barely sufficient for two men to walk abreast, are the ramshackle hovels so common in this part of Sigil. Dirty faces glance at Randir, and then look away to mind their own business. Mind your own business is one of the few laws in the Hive, and it is often enforced by mob violence.

As he approaches the tower's formidable door, a tall and wide portal made of some dark wood and reinforced with gleaming steel, Randir cannot help but notice that the crowd of disinterested passers-by are scrambling into shadows.

From three directions - his left, right, and rear - Randir sees squads of Hardheads marching his way, each of the three groups formed into two columns of four. The squad to his left is led by a tall, thin man in expensive dark blue robes, his fingers heavy with jewelry, his bald head slick from the greasy drizzle that still falls hissing to the street.

"Hold it there, berk," says the bald man. "Tower's off-limits. No one in; no one out."

Velmont

First Post
"I see... have you been informed of the last will of the master of this tower? Me, and four other berks are suppose to live a complete season into this tower, as far there is season in the cage. Have you been informed yet of that?"

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Velmont said:
"I see... have you been informed of the last will of the master of this tower? Me, and four other berks are suppose to live a complete season into this tower, as far there is season in the cage. Have you been informed yet of that?"

The bald man's sneer is palpably hostile.

"You don't dictate information to the Harmonium, berk. That so-called will isn't worth a pile of stench kine dung. We don't how he did it, but Metatron's not in the dead book, and that tower is off-limits until the matter's resolved."

Meanwhile, back in Weness's office, a halfling woman, uncharacteristically thin with straight black hair, enters through the portal.

"We gotta problem, Weness," she says, casting cursory glances over the others in the room. "Azaziel just filed a motion blocking Metatron's will. Somehow he got a Guvner to sign off. Something about Metatron not really being dead. I got people trying to get the dark of it all. But Azaziel's already making his move. He and a buncha Hardheads are beating feet to the tower as we speak. If they get inside...well, it won't be pretty, that's for certain."

Azaziel: A name everyone recognizes even though none of the bloods in the room has ever met him. Metatron's chief rival, constantly trying to block Metatron's efforts. Tough as razorvine and smart to boot.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Mark Chance said:
"Azaziel just filed a motion blocking Metatron's will. Somehow he got a Guvner to sign off. Something about Metatron not really being dead. I got people trying to get the dark of it all. But Azaziel's already making his move. He and a buncha Hardheads are beating feet to the tower as we speak. If they get inside...well, it won't be pretty, that's for certain."

"Well, now. Sounds like if we're gonna find out what happened to Metatron by looking through the Tower, we're gonna have ta get in there before Azaziel, eh?" Cassius asked.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"I have no time to waste..." All the creatures around Randir start to move so slowly that they seems walking throught water. Randir start to run back to the office.

As he open the door with the key, the time start to flow again at normal speed. "Those damn hardheads are blocking the way to the tower. As usual, they do what they do the best, rattling their bone-box and troubling the life of all the berks. I hate them, still, they are a great manifestation of entropy... Anyone know why they doing that? They are telling Metatron is not in the dead book yet. Is he dead or not?"

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Velmont said:
"I have no time to waste..." All the creatures around Randir start to move so slowly that they seems walking throught water. Randir start to run back to the office.

As he open the door with the key, the time start to flow again at normal speed. "Those damn hardheads are blocking the way to the tower. As usual, they do what they do the best, rattling their bone-box and troubling the life of all the berks. I hate them, still, they are a great manifestation of entropy... Anyone know why they doing that? They are telling Metatron is not in the dead book yet. Is he dead or not?"

Minor OOC: Keep in mind that sometimes even what appear to be easy activities (such as running away) aren't automatically successful. ;)

Weness rises to his ettin's feet.

"This cannot stand," he says. "Azaziel is most likely with them or at least nearby. He cannot be permitted to enter the Tower Basalt!"

Remove ads