• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Bold Adventures of Poins! OOC-Discussion (Recruiting Again! 4 Slots Available!)

Rhialto

First Post
Nephtys--seeing as your character's stats are done, do you want some help coming up with the background? If so, the best thing would be to tell me what you want it to be like, and then let me help you iron out the details...

Nephtys

First Post
Yes, please. I need a plausible connection between his being a Jannissary (btw, do your Jannisarries have any similarity to the historical ottoman ones, other than the name?) and a Kuldeshian, and a way for him to be in Town and free to join the party.
I'm not one for long and complex background entries, I prefer keeping my attempts at literature to the IC thread and forming the personality of my characters as I go along (which is what I tend to do, regardless of how much time and effort I put into their backgrounds).

Rhialto

First Post
Nephtys said:
Yes, please. I need a plausible connection between his being a Jannissary (btw, do your Jannisarries have any similarity to the historical ottoman ones, other than the name?) and a Kuldeshian, and a way for him to be in Town and free to join the party.
I'm not one for long and complex background entries, I prefer keeping my attempts at literature to the IC thread and forming the personality of my characters as I go along (which is what I tend to do, regardless of how much time and effort I put into their backgrounds).

Well, the Syrans and the Khuldeshians often clash with each other, and it's not unheard of for the Syrans to employ Jannissaries in these campaigns. Given that the Society of the Slaying Hand traditionally trains its members from orphans of those it kills, I think there's potential there.

And you know, this is open to female characters. If you want of course...

(And really, I was just adopting a kickass name, though there is a level of 'trained from youth to fight and die' to the Society...)

Last edited:

Remove ads