• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Captain's Caper! (Dunamin judging)

Halford

First Post
Brudd rips the stirge from his chest draws his bastard sword and brings it down upon the creature,

"Feel the wrath of Hadeys stirge! Hrav belt this bugger would ye?" He bellows, lending his strength to the Bugbear through his god.

[sblock=Hit 16, 9 Damage]Uses a move to pull off the stirge and shifts to G18. He then uses Righteous Brand as a standard, and Divine Fortune as a free action. He grants Hrav +4 to hit the same Stirge.[/sblock]

[sblock=Brudd in Brief]Brudd Brassback- Male Minotaur Cleric 1
Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 18
AC:17, Fort:15, Reflex:12, Will:14 -- Speed:5 (+1 Defenses for this round)
HP:27/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:10/10
Initiative: -1 Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Powers-Righteous Brand, Sacred Flame
Cause Fear, Goring Charge, Divine Fortune, Turn Undead, Healing Word
Avenging Flame[/sblock]

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Hrav feels the sting of stirge attached to him, yanks the beast off of himself, then carefully steps over next to Brudd, draws his rapier, and skewers the stirge that had attacked Brudd.

"Consider the bugger belted, Brudd!" Hrav replies.

[sblock=Mechanics]Move action - Athletics check, then shift to I19
1d20+9 → [11,9] = (20)

Minor action - draw rapier

Standard action - Torturous Strike against S3 (+4 to attack from Brudd's Righteous Brand)
1d20+7+4;2d10+8 → [15,7,4] = (26)
1d20+7+4;2d10+8 → [7,1,8] = (16)

Hits AC 26 for 16 damage[/sblock]

[sblock=Hrav's Info]Hrav Kortaga- Male Bugbear Rogue 1
Passive Perception: +17, Passive Insight: +16
AC:16, Fort:14, Reflex:16, Will:11 -- Speed:6
HP:19/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:8/8
Action Points: 2, Second Wind: not used
Powers-
Deft Strike
Piercing Strike

Torturous Strike
Predatory Eye

Blinding Barrage

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
The Minotaur grins, nodding to Hrav's rapier,

"Would have thought that thing a little thin fer a fly swat, but it seems te do the job ay?"

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
Alexander swings his sword in a wide horizontal arc, trying to hit both stirges in fron of him, and to beak the flank on quagmire, Then he makes use of all his battle prowess and attacks again, allowing Quagmire to profit on a distraction.

[sblock=actions]Standard:cleave on S617 vs AC, 12 dmg and 4 dmg on S7. Action point: Covering attack on S7 16 vs AC, 16 dmg and if it hits, quagmire can shift two squares. Both S6 and S7 are marked in any case. Move: shift to j15[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Alexander Duran- Human Fighter 1
Initiative:+1 Passive perception:18 Passive Insight:12
AC:20 For:18 Ref:15 Will:14
HP:35/35(t8) Bloodied:17 Surges value:8 Surges/day:11/11
Speed:5 Languages:Common, Imperial(=elven)
AP:1 Second Wind:1
Opportunity attack: +10 vs AC, 1d8+4
Powers: Cleave, Sure strike, Tide of iron
Covering Attack
Comeback strike[/sblock]

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]I'm not sure Quagmire can benefit from Alex's covering attack, since he's grabbed. And I think what you've called S7 is actually S2, which is bloodied. I'm going to assume Quagmire can't shift, since I'm not sure where I'd shift him to anyways. In other rules questions, does Quagmire get the temp HP and defense bonus from his own Bastion of Defense power? I'd be inclined to assume so, but there are other warlord powers that specifically say "you and allies within close burst 5...". But those are close burst powers, and it looks like a close burst specifically excludes the square you're in. I'll assume for the moment that Q has both the temp HP and the defense bonus, and we can correct if need be.[/sblock]

Quagmire pulls the stirge off and hacks at it, allowing Alex to shift behind it.

[sblock=actions]take 5 damage from the stirge, 2 temp HP left. Move: pull the stirge off (athletics 15).
Standard: Wolf pack tactics, allows Alex to shift 1 as a free action before my attack; hopefully he'll shift to K16 and flank, giving Q an extra +2 to attack (not included in the roll) and allowing him to sneak attack for 2d6=6 extra damage. The actual attack hits AC 19 for 7 damage.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Quagmire stat block]Quagmire Weaselcrust- Male Hobgoblin Warlord 1
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC:17, Fort:14, Reflex:13, Will:14 +1 to defenses for the rest of the encounter
-- Speed:5
HP:26/26 +2 temp HP, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:9/9
Initiative +6, and grants nearby allies +2 to initiative
Action Points: 2, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Wolf Pack Tactics, Viper's Strike, Hammer and Anvil, Inspiring Wordx2, Hobgoblin Resilience, Sneak attack, Bastion of Defense
[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Alexander does shift to k16

Err... is that a 2? Ok, then, S2 ^^ Anyway... I know it's a grab, but seriously... a stirge can keep you from moving...? mmmm[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
-First of all, I need an Athletics or Acrobatics check for Brudd to actually pull the stirge off and escape the grab. Okay, I just went and checked IC and saw that Brudd did make his Athletics check, you just didn't post the link. He did take the 5 ongoing damage at the start of his turn though, leaving him with +2 temp HP. The minotaur shifts and swats his stirge hard.

-Hrav yanks off his Stirge after it injures him some, then steps over to skewer the one which Brudd injured. That stirge (S3) drops to the deck bleeding to death.

-Alexander hits both the stirges in front of him (S6 and S2), then hits the second one again which drops it dead to the deck. He then steps away from the stirge he injured.

[sblock=Quagmire OOC]PHB says being grabbed immobilizes you, so no shift. Bastion of Defense says "Allies within 5 squares of you gain..." so I don't think it includes the warlord themselves unfortunately. Especially if there are powers that do specifically include the warlord with allies.[/sblock]-Quagmire pulls off his stirge after it sucks on him some and Alexander shifts behind the stirge Quagmire attacks for 13 damage, leaving it bloody.

-All the stirges try to latch back on their nearest targets, but none are able to hit the mark this turn. Stirge attacks S3,S4, S5, S6 (1d20 6=8, 1d4=2, 1d20 6=16, 1d4=3, 1d20 6=12, 1d4=1, 1d20 6=14, 1d4=2) OOC: I rolled too many attacks here because I hadn't erased S3 from my map before I rolled these attacks. No change though, nobody gets hit this round by the stirges.

-Girth turns his Warlock's Curse on the nearest stirge (S5) and then uses Eldritch Blast on it as well, but just barely misses.

S1=dead, S2=dead, S3=dead, S4=13 damage, S5=12 damage, S6=12 damage
S4, S5, and S6 are bloodied are bloodied.
Initiative
24 - Hrav
21 - Alexander
16 - Quagmire
16 - Stirges
13 - Girth
10 - Brudd

OOC: If you guys want, I can do like Halford is doing and just save up the XP to award at the end in one lump so you don't have an XP link after each fight on your character Wiki page. That or you can track each individual one and I'll just summarize at the end also and you can delete all the individual links and replace them with the one link at the end.

Attachments

• CC E3 Stirges Ahoy2.JPG
    CC E3 Stirges Ahoy2.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 78

Halford

First Post
Brudd moves to the nearest stirge and again strikes the creature with his massive bastard sword.

"Hadey's lend yer might te me swattin'! And me pals." He roars as he swings.

[sblock=Hit 23, 8 Damage, +4 to hit for Hrav on same Stirge]Brudd uses Righteous Brand again.1d20+7=23, 1d12+5=8 [/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads