• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Captain's Caper! (Dunamin judging)

garyh

First Post
Hrav makes a quick thrust with his rapier at the stirge that had attacked him before, piercing the bugger.

"I'm begining to appreciate Hadeys even more,"
the bugbear tells Brudd.

[sblock=Mechanics]Standard action - Piercing Strike against S5 (+4 to attack from Brudd's Righteous Brand)

1d20+7+4;1d10+4 → [9,7,4] = (20)
1d20+7+4;1d10+4 → [4,4] = (8)

Hits Reflex 20 for 8 damage.

Move acton - If the stirge drops, Hrav moves to J16. If not, Hrav shifts to J19 to facilitate a flank on S5 as soon as possible.[/sblock]

[sblock=Hrav's Info]Hrav Kortaga- Male Bugbear Rogue 1
Passive Perception: +17, Passive Insight: +16
AC:16, Fort:14, Reflex:16, Will:11 -- Speed:6
HP:19/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:8/8
Action Points: 2, Second Wind: not used
Powers-
Deft Strike
Piercing Strike

Torturous Strike
Predatory Eye

Blinding Barrage

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
Alexander attacks the stirge in front of him with a basic sword trust, profiting from the distraction provided by Quagmire.

[sblock=actions]Basic attack 17 vs AC, 10 dmg and target is marked (-2 to attacks that don't include Alex, if shifts or attacks other than Alex, basic attack as immediate interrupt[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Alexander Duran- Human Fighter 1
Initiative:+1 Passive perception:18 Passive Insight:12
AC:20 For:18 Ref:15 Will:14
HP:31/35(t8) Bloodied:17 Surges value:8 Surges/day:11/11
Speed:5 Languages:Common, Imperial(=elven)
AP:1 Second Wind:1
Opportunity attack: +10 vs AC, 1d8+4
Powers: Cleave, Sure strike, Tide of iron
Covering Attack
Comeback strike[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
-Brudd moves (to I20) between Girth and the nearest stirge (S5) and swats the creature hard with his sword, leaving it barely alive.

-Hrav pierces through the creature which Brudd just hit, finishing it off before moving to stand beside Alexander.

-Alexander thrusts his weapon through the stirge in front of him, killing it. (S4)

Only S6 remains alive with 12 damage to it so far. Quagmire...

Attachments

• CC E3 Stirges Ahoy3.JPG
    CC E3 Stirges Ahoy3.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 78

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=P8008]Don't forget your poor, neglected LEW game. :)[/sblock]
[sblock=stonegod]:eek::blush::.-( I know! I'm so bad. ;) Really, I went to post yesterday and discovered the what I was about to post was 4E rules instead of 3e! I promise I will post there tonight or tomorrow at the latest![/sblock]

The Digger

First Post
[sblock=I'm back!]Just waiting for stirges to attack but since it's very late and I'm very tired can I post possibilities?[/sblock]
[sblock=Opportunity attack] If Stirge shifts - Attack vs AC = 14: 14: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1748079/
Damage 8+1=9: [URL]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1748080/[/URL][/sblock] "Girth swings his spear two-handedly at the little beast. "Die you bugger!

[sblock=Girth's attack (minor)] Minor action; Curse enemy[/sblock] Girth swings his spear around and points at the remaining stirge. "This is thy last moment of life, foul sucker!"

[sblock=OR Eldritch Blast] 20+4 = 24 (whoopee!) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1748085/ Damage 14 (max)
Curse damage = 1 Roll Lookup[/sblock] With that Girth unleashes the wrath of his star Lady. An eldritch laughter that chills the soul sucks the vitality from their winged adversary.

Phoenix8008

First Post
-Quagmire misses the last stirge with his strike, but it misses him as well when it attacks!

-Then Girth curses the creature and unleashes a blast which drops the creature dead to the deck.

The remaining stirges flying about smell blood and swoop in here and there to pierce and feed on the remains of their fallen brethren. Just when it looks like they might launch into an attack on the ships' defenders, the doors and hatches open and the Captain and sailors come boiling out to swat and stab at the monsters. With the help of the adventurers, the crew is able to drive off the remaining swarm which flys back toward the small isle which is dissapering in the distance behind the ship. A shout of victory goes up and several sailors clap the PC's on the shoulders and thank them profusely. Soon everyone is back to work and the Captain removes his hat for a minute to offer his own personal thanks to the group. As the sun sets, the sailors take up a rowdy song among the sails and make good speed for Bacarte'.

The Digger

First Post
As the ship speeds towards Bacarte Girth takes up a position near the bow of the dhip and, arms held wide and head raised to the heavens, sings a paean of praise to his Lady patron.

His words rise and fall with the motion of the ship and with his Imperial accent they are not easy to decipher but a careful listener may make out the oft-repeated references to suffering and death.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads