The Captain's Caper! (Dunamin judging)

Halford

First Post
Brudd being a nononsense type saunters over to the nearest ruffian.

"Excuse me mate can ye tell me why they call this a bastard sword?"

The Minotaur's massive sword arcs around and strikes home sending hot red blood flying.

"Hadeys grant the favor ye've shown me te me mucker Alex! Errr, the favor just now not the usual sort!"

[sblock=Righteous Brand Hit 23, Damage 8, + 4 to Alex's attack on same target.]1d20+7=23, 1d12+5=8 [/sblock]

OOC: A strange way for Brudd to begin, winning initiative! At least he started off with a hit!

[sblock=Brudd in Brief]Brudd Brassback- Male Minotaur Cleric 1
Passive Perception: +6, Passive Insight: +18
AC:16, Fort:14, Reflex:11, Will:13 -- Speed:5
HP:28/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:10/10
Initiative: -1 Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers-Righteous Brand, Sacred Flame
Cause Fear, Goring Charge, Divine Fortune, Turn Undead, Healing Word
Avenging Flame[/sblock]

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Hrav advances a few steps, then draws and throws a shuriken at a ruffian farther down the dock. The shuriken surprises the ruffian as it slices into his side.

"Now this is fun!" Hrav shouts.

[sblock=ooc]
Move action - move north three squares
Minor action - draw shuriken
Standard action - basic ranged attack with shuriken at the ruffian five squares north of Hrav's new position.

1d20+7;1d8+4;2d6+4 → [10,7] = (17)
1d20+7;1d8+4;2d6+4 → [3,4] = (7)
1d20+7;1d8+4;2d6+4 → [3,3,4] = (10)

Hits AC 17 for 17 damage (sneak attack included due to First Strike). Actually, hits AC 19, as I forgot to include the +2 to hit from the Combat Advantage granted by First Strike.[/sblock]

[sblock=Hrav's Info]Hrav Kortaga- Male Bugbear Rogue 1
Passive Perception: +17, Passive Insight: +16
AC:16, Fort:14, Reflex:16, Will:11 -- Speed:6
HP:26/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:8/8
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers-
Deft Strike
Piercing Strike

Torturous Strike
Predatory Eye

Blinding Barrage

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
Alexander unsheates his sword and puts himself, shield ready, before Brudd, waiting for the ruffians to come at him.This matter looks fishy, mate says then at Brudd at his side.

[sblock=actions]minor:draw sword; move:to G3; standard:ready action to attack any foe coming in threat range.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Alexander Duran- Human Fighter 1
Initiative:+1 Passive perception:18 Passive Insight:12
AC:19 For:17 Ref:14 Will:13
HP:35/35 Bloodied:17 Surges value:8 Surges/day:11/11
Speed:5 Languages:Common, Imperial(=elven)
AP:1 Second Wind:1
Opportunity attack: +10 vs AC, 1d8+4
Powers: Cleave, Sure strike, Tide of iron
Covering Attack
Comeback strike[/sblock]

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Brudd strides forward and downs the first man before anybody really knows what's going on. Hearing the commotion, the two men aboard the ship move towards the dock to see what is happening. The one on the boarding ramp shouts for the men to fight back if they wanna live.

[sblock=OOC]I added grid numbers so you can announce your targets and your movements better. Any area with boxes in it is callenging terrain requiring an Athletics check to climb onto and costing an extra square of movement to go over. The boxes also provid cover to anyone behind them. The piles of rope in G4 and N4 are difficult terrain costing an extra square of movement.

Hrav, could you identify for sure which ruffian you were attacking now? Since 8 squares north of where he was (A3) is (I3) where there is no ruffian. I need a new action for Alexander since the man he went to attack already fell to Brudd's slice, then Girth and then Quagmire can go.[/sblock]

Attachments

• CC E1 Fight on the docks 2.JPG
    CC E1 Fight on the docks 2.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

garyh

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I meant for Hrav to go to E4 and attack the ruffian at J4. For reasons I can't explain, I though I was the B. I have no idea.

Thanks for adding the grid.[/sblock]

The Digger

First Post
Girth jabs two fingers towards his nearest foe - the man on the rear of the deck (G) and giggles hysterically. "My curse and that of my Lady be upon you."

The half elf's curse is almost tangible as it flies from his fingers.

Girth's arms then shoot into the air and perform a kind of summoning motion ending again with a pointing gesture at his selected target. The hairs rise up on the necks of those nearby as an almost visible burst of horrible, cackling laughter whistles through the air.

[sblock=OOC]Eldritch Blast: Attack roll 12 vs Ref; Damage, if relevant, 9: Roll Lookup[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Girth hurtles his curse at the human on the upper deck of the ship, but the man nimbly dodges out of the way. Hrav's shuriken takes out another of the ruffians.

OOC: Quagmire is up... The ruffians at G2 and J4 are down.

The two remaining ruffians move up to H3 and H4 and swing at Alexander. One misses, but the other smacks the fighter hard upside his head with a club for 4 damage.
Ruffian 3 & 4 attacking Alexander (1d20+6=9, 1d20+6=26)

I'll update the map tomorrow, it's only saved on my compy at work currently.

Last edited:

The Digger

First Post
Girth
[sblock=OOC]I believe I have cursed the G-man although my follow up Eldritch Blast missed :.-(.
Also it may be only me but I don't think the GM should post links to his rolls - We trust ye!! Honest!![/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Girth
[sblock=OOC]I believe I have cursed the G-man although my follow up Eldritch Blast missed :.-(.
Also it may be only me but I don't think the GM should post links to his rolls - We trust ye!! Honest!![/sblock]
OOC: OK, yes you cursed the dreaded G-man but missed with the Eldritch Blast. Sorry 'bout that, I've not played or DM'd a Warlock before now, so their powers are new to me.

Remove ads