The Captain's Caper! (Dunamin judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I'll go ahead and give you that jump since you had such a marvelous skill check result. But that back section is not even with the dock straight across, its several feet higher than the main deck (note the stairs leading up from the main deck to the higher back section where G man is standing). Just so nobody else thinks its a easy jump across, because that was an olympic leap there especially with armor on![/sblock]
The man gets sliced by Alexander and pushed over the railing to fall 15 feet down into the water. Moments after his splash, he breaks the surface again, gasping for air.

You also notice a small crowd of ragged looking sailors gathering around, watching the fight. Moments later, Captain Azrael steps through the crowd to see how things have progressed.
OOC: G-man is in the water in square G5

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=ooc]True covaithe. I wouldn't bother for simple thugs, but it's up to phoenix, obviously. The guy might a well be dead already anyway...[/sblock]

Heh! Fear the claws! Boasts Alexander plainly, tapping his shield with the sword, looking down in the water.

Halford

First Post
"Pffft, wheres the fun in that Quagmire ole' pal? Besides we've plenty of water." The Minotaur leans down and leers at the Bandit, "Ain't that right mate? De ye surrender, by the way, or do I need te blow ye up a bit first?"

The Digger

First Post
Girth grins an evil grin and calls to Alexander "Thou fliest as't does my Lady, friend Alexander. Now, if you will permit?"

He walks along the dock until he is directly above the unfortunate guard then leans over the dock and brings his arms down to point at the man in the water. A chill wind rushes through the area and a burst of brilliant dark light flashes from the skies down onto his spluttering head.[sblock=OOC]Dire Radiance; Attack 16 vs Fort (18 if I get CA); damage 10; Roll Lookup
If I hit and he is still alive I will do curse damage; 4; Roll Lookup
If he is still alive and tries to climb out towards me he will take another 1d6+4 (you can roll!)[/sblock]

[sblock=Girth's stats]
Girth Snowbird- male half elf Warlock (Star Pact) 1
Passive Perception: +10, Passive Insight: +17
AC:14, Fort:14, Reflex:13, Will:14 - Speed:6
HP:21/30, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:10/10
Initiative +5: Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers:-Eldritch Blast: Dire Radiance
Vampiric Embrace: Scorching Burst
Dread Star[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
As Alexander calmly descends the stairs to the lower dock, he reasons doubtfully: Mates, are we sure this ship belongs to our capt'n? Then seeing Girth finishing the guard, he loudly addresses him, his face profoundly annoyed:HEY!! That WAS NOT necessary!!

Halford

First Post
Brudd nods along with Alex, but winks a Girth, Hadeys likes a steady flow of souls - and Brudd has always felt that his god ought to be particularily welcoming to souls who are in his clerics way.

"Well if it weren't before..." The Minotaur comments with a shrug, still waiting for the Bandits reaction.

Phoenix8008

First Post
The man in the water near Girth is clearly bloody now that the warlock has focused his dark powers on him. He snarls up at the hal-elf above him in defiance. The man which Brudd attacked is trying to stay out of sight and is looking around like he might swim under the docks to try and escape.

16 - Brudd
15 - Human Bandit - nearly dead, bloodied, trying to flee
15 - Human Guard - taken 25 damage, bloodied
12 - Alexander - taken 4 damage
10 - Girth
08 - Hrav
07 - Quagmire
07 - Human Ruffians

Hrav , then Quagmire, then Brudd can go again...

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=ooc]A bit of characters ostility can be fun and i don't mind it, but should you want to avoid it, i'll note that Alexander is of good alignment, and although he grew in bacarte among monstruous races and pirates, he was raised by a retired veteran of the imperium, so he firmly believes that needlessly killing a helpless man is a shameful act, which he will stand against.

I also have a small request for phoenix. It's far to soon but i'm afraid i'll forget it later and you said this should be a fairly short adventure so...
Should you decide to grant a magic item as reward with possibly Alex in mind (oh our beloved dm)... would you please -not- have it be a weapon? That's because i think he'll change type soon enough...
I know this is kind of a strange request, I hope it's not annoying

EDIT:sorry, for some reason I was onvinced combat was over[/sblock]

Let them flee!

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire strolls over to the edge and looks down at the swimming guard with a broad grin filled with sharp tusks. "I'd surrender if I were you, mate. After all," he starts ostentatiously unlacing his trousers, "We did just come from the tavern. And I seem to be in need of a location to store my used drinks. Hold still."

ooc: intimidate 24.

The Digger

First Post
Girth stares at Alexander, seemingly pondering his remarks, before saying quietly "My friend, your reasoning I understand and for your concern I thank you, but enlighten you I must on certain aspects of my life. I injured have been by that man and for that I bear him no ill will for it is in the nature of our occupations, but by my oath to my Lady I must if possible return to him the injury."

He bows to Alexander and spreads his arms, palms outward in a sign of peace. "If in my ignorance I have offended, I beg your forgiveness."

Remove ads