The Captain's Caper! (Dunamin judging)

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Alexander had readied an action to attack any foe that enters his threat range, so he should be able to attack the guy in H3, the first to get there, right?[/sblock]

Alexander reacts as soon as the ruffian nears him and hits him with his sword first, then his shield, pushing him away.

[sblock=actions]readied attack: tide of iron 23 vs AC, 12 dmg and push. I used my previous roll minus Brudd's righteous brand bonus, if it's all right[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Alexander Duran- Human Fighter 1
Initiative:+1 Passive perception:18 Passive Insight:12
AC:19 For:17 Ref:14 Will:13
HP:31/35 Bloodied:17 Surges value:8 Surges/day:11/11
Speed:5 Languages:Common, Imperial(=elven)
AP:1 Second Wind:1
Opportunity attack: +10 vs AC, 1d8+4
Powers: Cleave, Sure strike, Tide of iron
Covering Attack
Comeback strike
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]I disagree about the DM linking to rolls. I really like it when they do, since that means I can check to see whether they included bless or combat leader bonuses or whatever. In games I run, I've had players catch and fix mistakes of mine that way before. On the other hand, I've also played in games where the DM didn't link to rolls, and I'm positive they were fudging them. Not saying that's happening here, but, you know, once bitten twice shy and all that. Now, on to business. [/sblock]

Quagmire whips out a sword and plunges into action, lumbering noisily down the docks and chopping into the ruffian at H3 with a meaty thunk.

[sblock=mechanics]
Minor: draw sword
Move: to G2. Actually I'm not completely sure I can do this, since there seems to be a dead guy there. Well, let me know if I need to change all this.
Standard: attack with viper's strike: hits AC 24 for 8 damage. If that somehow misses or fails to kill the guy, Alex gets an OA against him if he shifts before my next turn.
[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
OOC: Just to say that Brudd's actions were largely influenced by the fact that he must sail on The Bloody Wake. Perfect name Phoenix, perfect.

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Atanatotatos, yes your readied action should kick in first. I missed that, my mistake. However, the first ruffian moved into H4 and got smacked by Alexander, then the second one moved in to H3 and tagged him with the club for 4 damage. Then Quagmire moved up and sliced that guy. There! All is well! ;)[/sblock]

As the two ruffians move forward to attack, Alexander swings at the first one within range and drops hims with his sword. He then pushes the falling body off the dock and into the water with a splash. The other ruffian uses that moment of distraction to club Alexander over the head. Then Quagmire steps up and skewers that ruffian, who drops to the floor bleeding.

Brudd...

Halford

First Post
Brudd moves forward up to the plank and with a sudden burst of speed charges the bandit. He brings his sword round in a mighty arc bellowing as he does so,

"Feel the wrath of Hadeys, person who is in my way!"

The massive bastard sword hits home and flares into flame as it does so engulfing the bandit who continues to smoulder.

[sblock=Hit 24, Damage 28 (5 ongoing Fire inc. for this round)]Brudd uses an action point to get an attack after double moving, he charges, and uses a minor action to use channel divinity for a +1 to hit and then uses his daily power Avenging Flame. He intends to impress his new employer!

1d20+9=24, 2d12+9=27 Damage should be one higher as I forgot to double the versitile bonus, so 28.[/sblock]

[sblock=Brudd in Brief]Brudd Brassback- Male Minotaur Cleric 1
Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 18
AC:16, Fort:14, Reflex:11, Will:13 -- Speed:5
HP:28/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:10/10
Initiative: -1 Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Powers-Righteous Brand, Sacred Flame
Cause Fear, Goring Charge, Divine Fortune, Turn Undead, Healing Word
Avenging Flame[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Brudd slashes into the man hard with his sword, setting him afire as well. As the flames engulf him, the man tries to swing his mace at the minotaur but misses badly. With his skin blackening in the flames, the man hurls himself off the gangplank and into the waters between the ship and the dock. (5' shift, so no OA)

The man still on the ship aims a crossbow at Girth and fires a bolt into the half-elf (9 damage).

Alexander...

16 - Brudd
15 - Human Bandit
15 - Human Guard
12 - Alexander
10 - Girth
08 - Hrav
07 - Quagmire
07 - Human Ruffians

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
Alexander charges the power in his legs, and jumps across the water into the ship, right next the guard. He steps as to have him between himself and the water, then He then slashes him in the head with all of his might, pushing him out of the ship.

[sblock=actions]move: Alexander moves from g3 to h3 to h4, then jumps one square to H6. jump:26, more than enough for one square.
minor: shift to G7
standard: tide of iron critical,12 dmg and push the sucker in the water :D[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Alexander Duran- Human Fighter 1
Initiative:+1 Passive perception:18 Passive Insight:12
AC:19 For:17 Ref:14 Will:13
HP:31/35 Bloodied:17 Surges value:8 Surges/day:11/11
Speed:5 Languages:Common, Imperial(=elven)
AP:1 Second Wind:1
Opportunity attack: +10 vs AC, 1d8+4
Powers: Cleave, Sure strike, Tide of iron
Covering Attack
Comeback strike[/sblock]

Last edited:

Halford

First Post
Brudd grins at Alex as he watches the waters for the bandit.

"Well that was hardly a work out was it now boys?" The Minotaur looks up briefly, "Cheers boss! I'll pray extra hard tonight!"

"Hey Hrav, the Bloody Wake, now thats a name ye can sail under! Hey?"

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=ooc pedantry]Awesome as that jumping tide of iron was, the pedant in me feels compelled to point out that forced movement into hazardous terrain allows a save to fall prone instead of going in. Is the water hazardous terrain? Well, it certainly would be if it were a 100ft cliff instead of water, but I suppose that's up to Phoenix. [/sblock]

Quagmire wipes his blade on a fallen foe, and asks Brudd with a pained look on his face, "I'm covered with admiration for yer prowess, mate, but d'ye suppose we could keep the fire a bit farther away from the ship next time? I might be on it next time."

Remove ads