The Captain's Caper! (Dunamin judging)

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire ducks behind a few nearby boxes, emits an audible sigh, and comes out walking slightly easier, trousers securely laced. He sits near the captured guard, but not so near as to be threatening. "Cheer up, mate. This lot ye hired on with aren't no true friends. They can't have been payin' ye what an experienced soldier like yerself is obviously worth. Yer better off without 'em, by Netari's soggy britches. I know a gob in Bacarte that might have better work fer a man o' yer skill, if ye see fit to get clear of yer current owners and steer us towards what they took. Good goblin, is Cap'n Canker. Bit crazy, but all goblins be crazy, hey?"

ooc: Diplomacy 24

Halford

First Post
Brudd looks over the humans wounds sympathetically, privately rather satisfied by his handiwork and calls upon his gods power to allow the man to better restore himself.

"Hadey's grant this bloke a break will thee?" Brudd intones solemnly, and a dark light shimmers across the mans body.

"And lets see what else we can do fer ye here." The Minotaur attempts to see if he can sem the bleeding or soothe the burns.

[sblock=Healing Word Surge Value + 9; Heal 13]Healing Word (1d6+3=9) Heal check (1d20+10=13) [/sblock]

Halford

First Post
"Errr, ye he worships Poseeydus, he's a sailor. Lets get him patched up a bit before enagein' in theological discourse."

OOC: Brudd made his Heal check at plus 10 I just rolled a 3. He'll probably try Religion next time.

Phoenix8008

First Post
As Quagmire talks to the man, he starts to look a little more hopeful. Then looks concerned again. "Yeah, but this guy you know is on Bacarte'. The guy I'd be betraying is a big shot there with lots of influence. Your gob might not have enough juice if my current employer is blacklisting my name."

As Brudd treats the mans wounds, he looks at peace for a minute but says "Thanks for the healing mate, even if it is just a way to try and get me to talk and tell you what I know."

-Quagmire: +1 success
-Brudd: +1 success
Total Successes: 6/8; Total Failures: 1/3

[sblock=OOC]Alexander is up...and Brudd won't get another turn next round. This will be over one way or another this round. In fact, Quagmire definitely won't get to go again either. It's up to Alexander, Girth, and Hrav...[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
"A very influent man here in Daunton...one interested in robbing ships? Maybe a faithful of Poseeydus...?" ponders Alexander by himself...

Do you mean tha Canker and your employer..."work" in the same kind of activity?

[sblock=streetwise 15]streetwise 15
Alex's a bit useless in social skills...at least out of Bacarte[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Well, I don't know who this Canker is, but my boss Duncan deals in whatever he can make some coin at and calls it 'business'." the man says before a look crosses his face like he just gave something away for free and can't take it back now.

Total Successes: 7/8; Total Failures: 1/3
Now Girth... FTW??

Edit: Oops! I forgot I was NPCing him for now. Lemme go check his skills out...

Girth speaks again to the man. "We have traded attacks, you and I. Both bled by the others hand. My Lady says that it is enough. Please help us so that more blood need not be spilled elsewhere for the knowledge which you possess."
Diplomacy check (1d20+7=21) Success!!

The man's head hangs down for a moment, then he looks up and nods. "Fine, but I hope that gob on Bacarte' can find some other work for me because I gotta cut ties with my old life now. The Tiefling you're lookin for is Duncan Redblade. He took the cargo to Bacarte' with him. He owns the Golden Palm Inn. He's protected though. Never gonna catch him without tons of guards around him. You better be able to talk the stink off a skunk, or else pay him a lot to get anything you need out of him. At least he won't have heard yet about you stealing his ship here if you get to him quick enough. Can I go now, or is there something else?"

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire straightens thoughtfully. "Yes, where is Captain Azrael? He don't exactly seem like the type to lead the charge, if ye take my meanin', but I'd not ha' pegged him to miss a good interrogation. Besides, I'm wonderin' if now might be a good time fer a little word with the Cap'n. Seems he needs us a bit worse'n he let on."

Phoenix8008

First Post
Captain Azrael strides over from where he's been giving orders to the sailors readying the ship. "I be right here. Good job on gettin' 'im ta spill his guts. So we'll chase the wind to Bacarte' and go talk with Redblade about gettin' me cargo back so I can sell it and pay him off." He speaks to the man who was interrogated. "You wanna ride to Bacarte', or ya gonna stay here in Daunton? We're hittin' the water as soon as we're unmoored, so if yer gettin off, make it snappy."

The man decides to get off the ship and seek his fortunes away from this Captain and his monstrous crew.

Remove ads