The Captain's Caper! (Dunamin judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Indebted? Not technically, no. I paid him everything I owed him fer that blasted cursed card game! But what I had in me cargo hold was worth more than that money and me ship here combined. It wa just him and me left at the table ya see, with a big pot o' money between us. But he raised the stakes and I had nothin' else ta bet. But I was holdin' a straight flush in me hand and my poor drunken head wasn't on straight. Next thing I know, I'm saying out loud that I bet me ship. He laughed and laid out a royal flush on the table! I told 'im I could deliver my cargo and come back ta pay him off cash equal to tha bet, but he refused. But if I don't make that delivery, I be a dead man, or as good as." The Captain tells his tale with equal parts anguish and anger to the gathered adventurers.

"So now ya know. Yes, I'm stealin' back me ship to go and do whatever I have ta in order to get that cargo and make me delivery so I can square up the money with Redblade and everybody comes out even. I'd even have plenty left ta pay you all a nice sum ta boot! Like I told'ja when ya signed on, ya best be okay with bendin' the rules if ya wanted ta work fer me." He says with arms crossed over his chest.

garyh

First Post
"No problems here," Hrav tells the captain. "In fact, this job just got a lot more interesting... and profitable, I'd wager." Then the bugbear adds, grinning, "Well, I'd not wager a ship, but a few coins."

[sblock=OOC]BTW, unless Hrav needs to flee a fight, assume he retrieves his shurikens after each fight. He carries a stock of 20.[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
Alexander comments with an annoyed face and a hand on his eyes: So the ship was yours, at least.
Ya better do get the money to pay us, ...capt'n
, he says, looking at his comrades as he walks on board.

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC]BTW, unless Hrav needs to flee a fight, assume he retrieves his shurikens after each fight. He carries a stock of 20.[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]DM tries to imagine a bandolier of dinner plate sized shuriken...:eek: or a stack of 20 of them filling a backpack to bulging...:confused:
:p;):lol:[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
The Captain claps Alexander on his back as he comes fully onboard and says, "It'll be as easy as fallin' inta' bed at night. Trust me, m'boy."

covaithe

Explorer
When Quagmire finds a moment beyond the earshot of the captain or any of his "loyal" crew, he says with a frown, "I'm likin' the looks of this less 'n less. Recoverin' stolen property is one thing, but stealin' cargo back that ye lost in a card game, well... I can't speak fer you folks, but fer me, I'd rather not be takin' what truly belongs to this here Duncan. And if I did, I'd not be turnin' it over to someone else fer a promise of future pay. We're dealin' here with someone that's got a history of promisin' more than he can deliver. Besides, I can't imagine this Duncan just takin' the cash and laugin' it off at the end. We'll either have to kill him or watch our backs forever. The way I see it, we got four choices. One, we go along with Azrael's daft plan here, and take whatever reward he gives us at the end. Two, we go along with the plan, but take what we think is appropriate, at the end. Three, we contact Duncan and see if he makes us a better offer. Four, we dump Azrael in the drink with a dagger in his back right now, take this boat ourselves, and go chase some mermaids." Since he wears his usual easy grin, it's hard to tell if Quagmire is joking on the last one.

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Almost forgot, since you all did the combat encounter and the skill challenge encounter, everybody gains 1 Action Point!

Edit- I suppose you'll also be wanting XP. The two encounters garner a total of 925 XP for a split of 185 XP per PC. Enjoy! For two encounters, you hardly got scratched! I'm gonna have to ramp it up to challenge you and make you earn the rest real good. ;) :p

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
"You raise some good points, Quag," Hrav agrees. "Let me point out, though, that option four also risks Redblade's wrath."

[sblock=OOC]DM tries to imagine a bandolier of dinner plate sized shuriken...:eek: or a stack of 20 of them filling a backpack to bulging...:confused:
:p;):lol:[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]He's a monster pirate ninja. Such concerns are trivial to Hrav. ;)[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
"Aye," Quagmire agrees. "And I'm not sure I'd sleep too well at night after takin' a man's money and then cuttin' his throat. Option two, then? I confess I feel a powerful desire to question anyone who pulls out a royal flush against a drunk man. I never did see one of them that didn't come from cheatin'."

Remove ads