• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Captain's Caper! (Dunamin judging)

Atanatotatos

First Post
Oh, no, not that!! Yells Alexander in horror at Brudd's idea, grabbing his arm, already holding a pincer. My taurine friend, i'm sure that knocking her unconscious and robbing her of her properties will be more than sufficient! Please!

[sblock=Alexander...]well, it seems he's starting to get a bit corrupted but...
The unaligned side is my favourite usually, but Alexander is good (though not "Good") and I think it will be fun trying to be coherent in this party and maybe... render it slightly more civilizd (as in, not beheading falle foes). I was thinking that another character I play, Lukas, a drow rogue,(see signature) would have been so perfect for the monster pirates, but...oh well[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
"Look, if we don't kill 'er the Merchants'll kill us Alex, simple as. S'not like deaths that bad, the boss takes care of it. If its 'er or us, then its 'er, pure 'n' simple. I'll make it quick, she's already out..."

The Minoatur look apologetic, but unrepentent.

"Ye 'ave te clean up after yerself Alex, else ye'll be in all sorts o' trouble. Practicality above sentimentality, ye think the scaly broad'll thank ye fer leavin' 'er alive? More like she'll send out assassins, and them Veritas ain't no joke. Not to mention 'ow dead we'll be if she can prove this loots 'ers te the Merchants satisfaction. Its fer the best mate."

And the Minotaur stamps on the Dragonborn's throat.

"I'm mighty attatched te me 'ide Alex, ye can look the other way, but sometimes things get nasty." He looks up,

"Incomin' boss, judge 'er as ye will, but maybe chuck a little te the friendly side fer me bud Alex 'ere. Now whats in that chest?"

Brudd steps away and investigates the contents of the chest.

Atanatotatos

First Post
Sigh! It's true, they'd come after us. Well, no beheading at least... concedes Alex.
The he tries to look at the bright side. ...We won't be getting our sixties for the scorpions tho... Is there something to compensate?

garyh

First Post
"She got cheated, and decided to make us pay for it," Hrav says. "It's one thing to fall for the trick of a greedy dwarf, but she was dumb enough to try crossing this bunch. She should have known better."

Pointing towards his hobgoblin companion, Hrav then continues, "And what if poor Quagmire here had been killed by those scorpions, when the sword was in her bag all along, and she didn't lift a scaly finger to help? She certainly wasn't worried about us, was she? So why should we worry about her?"

Hrav's ears twitch, then the bugbear turns to Girth, "Say, if your Lady needs some more blood, looks like you're in luck."

[sblock=OOC]I'm fine with the rather... ahem... unaligned turn of events. We ARE monster pirates, after all (at least three of us are). I'm also good with Alex being the conscience of the group. Should help us stay unaligned, and not slip to the other side of the scale.[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
"And then some I should think," Brudd replies as he carefully polishes his horns - apparently armor polish works on horns to as Brudd's are soon gleaming again.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Well Brudd's just, umm, very practical. He's a sweetheart so long as it is in no way more conveneient for you to be dead rather than alive. Totally, ummm, non-aligned. He is very loyal though :D.[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire nods. "Yeah, I was thinkin' just to take a proper payment from her and set her on her way, lesson learned, but she don't exactly seem like the type to learn the easy way. This way's better.

But I don't think we'll have any trouble from the Merchants like yer thinkin', Brudd. They don't like killin' fer no reason, but if you catch a thief in the act, and that thief happens to end up dead, there's no fuss. I say this one was a thief, or near enough. If she'd a played us straight, dealt with us fair, she'd still be flippin' through her book, happier than a kobold in a mudpit, and we'd be sailin' off with her fancy sword. Speakin' of which, let's have a good look at it, eh?"

Halford

First Post
"Probly, but best te save ourselves the trouble right? Lets not pretend that the Merchants are all fair minded individuals who wouldn't take an excuse te roger ye sideways if it was in their interest te do so - I would in their place. Should be a rule that, never let anybody get leverage over ye, hmmm should put that in the book."

The Minotaur pulls out a sheef of papers and a quill which he pokes casually into the Dragonborn's wounds. He sticks his tongue out of the corner of his mouth,

"No leverage, get leverage."

Phoenix8008

First Post
Captain Azrael watches with a measuring eye as the crew sends Arjhaan to meet Brudd's god. After using some scorpion parts to disguise her wounds, the group begins searching her body and investigating the contents of the chest. In a belt pouch at her waist they find 50 gold. Picking up the spilled contents of the chest, the group finds some ritual scrolls including Comprehend Languages, Endure Elements, Eye of Alarm, and Water Walk, and Knock. When you pick the book up though, its pages all fall off of the spine and scatter all over the ground. Picking them up, they appear to be several copies of maps of Daunton and the surrounding areas. Many of them look like the same map however. All the pages have various holes poked in them all over. Girth has the urge to save all these pages and try to put them back in the right order...

Atanatotatos

First Post
Uhm! What are those, Girth?, asks Alexander kneeling next to the warlock, looking at the map interested.
[sblock=ooc]phoenix, what about the sword?[/sblock]

The Digger

First Post
"Hhunn?" Girth shook himself as he came out of his reverie. He had been standing, arms outstretched, staring into the heavens for the last minute or two.

"You are something wanting?" He stared into Alexander's eyes with a strange gleam in his eyes. He seemed to see something there and suddenly stooped and smeared his hand liberally with the blood of Arjhaan. Standing he quickly daubed a sigil onto Alexander's forehead.

"One!" he uttered cryptically.

Then he walked away to the nearest dead scorpion. As best as he could he cleaned his hand of Arjhaan's blood and then collected some scorpion blood which he squeezed into an enpty pouch.

Returning to the others he smiled a thin smile. "I sorry am. The business of my Lady precedence must take. Now. You wish my aid?"

He looked at the gathered pages and a strange tremor ran down his body.

He stuttered quickly "These important are. In order they must be," before grabbing the pages and putting them carefully in his pack.

"Go now we should. Studied these must be."

Remove ads