• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Captain's Caper! (Dunamin judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
After a short inspection, you determine that the sword itself is a +2 Vicious large sized katana (bastard sword).

After finishing up, the group heads back toward the ship to deliver the sword to Thorendin. Coming out of the trees onto the beach, you see another two rowboats pulled up on land beside the one you came in. A group of 7 kobolds with 2 guard drakes straining at their leashes stands between you and the boats. One of them points at you all and hisses, "Kill them all, for they have broken their word with our dark lady Kartharath!"

Combat map, and initiatives coming later tonight. (I gotta go eat dinner and watch Iron Man! :D)

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=re:whoa]As a matter of fact, he does. Too bad this sword isn't for him. It's the delivery that you have to make to the dwarf Thorandin. Never know what the future holds though, eh?[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
[sblock=Mmmm] Its even Large sized! *drools*[/sblock]

"Well if nobody minds I'll carry this fer the time bein', no sense letting a blade like that go to waste."

If no one objects the Minotaur takes the sword and straps it to his waste, he tries to keep the lust out of his eyes, but is obviously enamoured with the blade.

"Death's Due," the Minotaur mouths to the group, before looking upwards and stroking the blades sheath reverently.

[sblock=Phoenix]But its a +2 Vicious Bastard Sword call Death's Due - its designed to be Brudd's sword! Plus Brudd's a pirate...[/sblock]

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Time to facssse the Black Hydraaa! Let the drakesss loossse!" The one in the back yells to the others. Set free, the two small reptiles bound forward (from J8 to J4 and from L8 to L4) to attack Alexander and Quagmire. They bite at the two men, but are held off for now without sinking their teeth in.

-Hrav can go at the same time as the Drakes, and Quagmire and Alexander for after that...[sblock=The Sword]I know, I know. But it's totally out of bounds for treasure levels for a first level group. Maybe later though. (I'm such a tease!)[/sblock][sblock=Combat info]Initiatives
20 - Guard Drakes
20 - Hrav
18 - Quagmire
17 - Alexander
15 - K2, K3
14 - K1
10 - Girth
08 - K4-K7
08 - Brudd
Party inits (1d20-1=6, 1d20 +1=15, 1d20 +4=18, 1d20 +5=8, 1d20 +6=16) OOC: I forgot to add the Warlord's +2 into these rolls, but I added in the list above.
Kobold inits (1d20 +4=14, 1d20 +4=15, 1d20 +3=8, 1d20+3=20)
Guard drake bites on Quagmire and Alexander (1d20+6=9, 1d10+9=13, 1d20+6=12, 1d10+9=17)
[/sblock]
attachment.php

Attachments

• CC E5 Bounty Hunters1.JPG
    CC E5 Bounty Hunters1.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=whoa!]those pets did a bucketload of damge!! what'd have happened if they HAD sinked their teeth in?
Looks like a tough battle[/sblock]

garyh

First Post
Hrav skirts around to the outside of the kobolds, then throws a shuriken at the eastmost kobold.

[sblock=Mechanics]Move action - move I2-H3-G4-F5-E6-D7

Standard action - Deft Strike versus K5 with a shuriken, and moving C8-B9, Combat Advantage and Sneak Attack granted by First Strike

1d20+7+2;1d8+4+2d6+4 → [19,7,2] = (28)
1d20+7+2;1d8+4+2d6+4 → [1,4,1,2,4] = (12)

Hits AC 28 for 12 damage (seriously, I roll a d8 and 2d6 and get 1-1-2. Hadeys hates me!), and ends the round at B9.

My strategy this fight is to flit along the perimeter flanking and sneak attacking guys, so try to keep them busy in the middle of the map. When there's a cluster, I'm going to lay down my blast 3 Blinding Barrage.[/sblock]

[sblock=Hrav's Info]Hrav Kortaga- Male Bugbear Rogue 1
Passive Perception: +17, Passive Insight: +16
AC:16, Fort:14, Reflex:16, Will:11 -- Speed:6
HP:26/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:8/8
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers-
Deft Strike
Piercing Strike

Torturous Strike
Predatory Eye

Blinding Barrage

Full character sheet[/sblock]