• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Captain's Caper! (Dunamin judging)

Halford

First Post
[sblock=Divvying up Booty!] Reguarding the profits from our, umm, disagreement with Arjanna, how about 10gp each and the ritual scrolls being dubbed party treasure until used sold or or until we split up?[/sblock]

garyh

First Post
[sblock=Divvying up Booty!] Reguarding the profits from our, umm, disagreement with Arjanna, how about 10gp each and the ritual scrolls being dubbed party treasure until used sold or or until we split up?[/sblock]

[sblock=Booty!]Works for me. We should bury the scrolls under an X until needed. ;)[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
-Girth unleashes a blast at two of the kobolds in the back line. The leader dodges out of the way barely while the other one drops in a crackling mass of flames to the sands. He curses one of the drakes for good measure as well. (K6 dead)

-Brudd moves to flank one of the drakes with Alexander and strikes a solid blow against it. Right as he hits the creature though, Brudd has a flash where he sees through the creatures eyes up at the attacking pirate crew. He also feels the pain of the swordblow that the big minotaur just landed on it. After a moment, his vision clears but the hand holding 'Death's Due' is very sore now. (7 damage to D2, Brudd also takes 7 damage in a strange magical feedback loop of some sort.:angel::devil:)

-At the same time as Brudd swings his blade, the other two kobolds that aren't the leader move forward to attack. K4 attacks Quagmire unsuccesfully before stepping back out of arms reach. K7 stabs at Brudd with its javelin, but misses as well.

-Both of the drakes turn towards Alexander, snapping their jaws in hunger. But they cannot find their way past his clawed up shield to sink their fangs into his flesh.

-Hrav, Quagmire, and Alexander can go...[sblock=Combat Info]Initiatives and Status
20 - D1: 15+7 damage
20 - D2: 7 damage
20 - Hrav: 13 acid damage
18 - Quagmire
17 - Alexander: 5+4 damage
15 - K2
15 - K3
14 - K1
10 - Girth
08 - K4
08 - K5: dead
08 - K6: dead
08 - K7
08 - Brudd: 7 damage

K4 and K7 attacks (1d20 5=8, 1d20 5=14)
D1 and D2 attacking Alexander (1d20 6=12, 1d10 9=14, 1d20 6=10, 1d10 9=11) Gah! Invisible Castle is working against me! My big drakes can't hit anything!! :.-( :confused:[/sblock]
attachment.php

Attachments

• CC E5 Bounty Hunters3.JPG
    CC E5 Bounty Hunters3.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 127

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire strikes hard at the drake while it is distracted by Alex, in turn providing an opportunity for Alex to make another attack as well. "Come on, Hrav. Teach that little acid-spitting runt who it's messing with!" he shouts, restoring some vigor to the overgrown rogue.

[sblock=actions and ooc]Standard: Hammer and Anvil against D1, using 1/encounter sneak attack. hits AC 21 for 16 damage and lets Alex make a basic melee attack against D1 as a free action.

Minor: Assuming Hrav moves in closer (against K1, presumably), use Inspiring Word on Hrav. Spend a healing surge +1d6. If Hrav stays out of range, obviously Q won't use IW.

I'm a bit confused about the current HP status. I think this is where it stands: Alex should be down only 1 HP, since he got 8 temp HP from Quagmire before getting stabbed for 5 and 4. Hrav didn't get the temp HP or the +1 defenses becuase he'd moved too far away in round 1, so he's actually down 13. Brudd and Girth both are full +8 temp HP. Quagmire is full. Is that right?
[/sblock]

[sblock=Quagmire stat block]Quagmire Weaselcrust- Male Hobgoblin Warlord 1
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC:17, Fort:14, Reflex:13, Will:14 -- Speed:5
HP:26/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:6/9
Initiative +6, and grants nearby allies +2 to initiative
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Wolf Pack Tactics, Viper's Strike, Hammer and Anvil, Inspiring Wordx2, Hobgoblin Resilience, Bastion of Defense, Sneak Attack
[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
Alexander quickly slashes the drake, catching the opportunity offered by Quagmire.

[sblock=action]free basic attack on D1, 20 vs Ac, 12 dmg.
**Fixed**[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Alexander Duran- Human Fighter 1
Initiative:+1 Passive perception:18 Passive Insight:12
AC:20 For:18 Ref:15 Will:14
HP:32/35 Bloodied:17 Surges value:8 Surges/day:10/11
Speed:5 Languages:Common, Imperial(=elven)
AP:1 Second Wind:1
Basic Attack: +8 vs AC, 1d8+4
Opportunity attack: +10 vs AC, 1d8+4
Powers: Cleave, Sure strike, Tide of iron
Covering Attack
Comeback strike[/sblock]

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Quagmire had an inspiring word left at the end of the last encounter, so as long as we had time for a short rest, which I assume we did given all the talking we did, he would have happily used it on Alex. I suppose I should have been explicit about this, but I assumed that, absent some kind of emergency, we'd take the time to heal fully before returning to the boat. I think Brudd mentioned something about healing whoever needed it, maybe?[/sblock]

garyh

First Post
Hrav moves back into the thick of things, as the kobolds ignore him on the periphrery. Three shurikens then fly out, aimed at the eyes of two kobolds and a drake. Then, if the nearest kobold is hit, Hrav attempts to take advantage of the opportunity.

Quagmire's words then encourage the bugbear to keep fighting.

[sblock=Mechanics]Move action - move to H7

Standard action - Blinding Barrage versus D1, K2, and K4 with shurikens,

1d20+7;1d20+7;1d20+7;2d8+4 → [8,7] = (15)
1d20+7;1d20+7;1d20+7;2d8+4 → [9,7] = (16)
1d20+7;1d20+7;1d20+7;2d8+4 → [10,7] = (17)
1d20+7;1d20+7;1d20+7;2d8+4 → [3,6,4] = (13)

Hits D1 for AC 15, hits K2 for AC 16, and hits K4 for AC 17. Anyone hit takes 13 damage and is blinded until the end of Hrav's next turn. Those not hit take 6 damage and are not blinded.

If K4 is blinded and not killed, Hrav will use a Minor Action to apply Predatory Eye to K4 and then spend an action point:

Standard Action - Piercing Strike versus K4 with Rapier, Combat Advantage and Sneak Attack granted by blindness, plus Predatory Eye.

1d20+7+2;1d10+4+2d6+4+1d6 → [1,7,2] = (10)
1d20+7+2;1d10+4+2d6+4+1d6 → [2,4,5,2,4,5] = (22)

...and then, after spending an action point and an encounter set-up power, role a natural 1... at least Hrav gets 3 HP from Quagmire's Inspiring Presence.

Hrav accepts the Inspiring Word from Quag and heals his 6 surge value plus 5 more Inspiring Word (1d6=5). Hrav is back to full health with the Action Point use or only down 2 if no Action Point use.[/sblock]

[sblock=Hrav's Info]Assuming the action point and Predatory Eye were used...

Hrav Kortaga- Male Bugbear Rogue 1
Passive Perception: +17, Passive Insight: +16
AC:16, Fort:14, Reflex:16, Will:11 -- Speed:6
HP:26/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:7/8
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Powers-
Deft Strike
Piercing Strike

Torturous Strike
Predatory Eye

Blinding Barrage

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=temp hps] I missed the +8 HPs from the Bastion of Defense. The way you worded it made it sound like they only got the temp HPs if you missed with the attack. I just went and read the actual power and saw how I had it wrong. I'll try and correct in my next post coming as soon as I can today. Maybe lunchbreak if I have the time...[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
Arden attacks the drake flanked by him and Brudd, taking advantage of the mystical power imbued into him by the minotaur.

[sblock=actions, Brudd can shift 2]Covering strike on D2 Covering Attack 30 vs Ac, 15 dmg and Brudd can shift 2 squares if he wants.
D2 is marked.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Alexander Duran- Human Fighter 1
Initiative:+1 Passive perception:18 Passive Insight:12
AC:20 For:18 Ref:15 Will:14
HP:33/35 Bloodied:17 Surges value:8 Surges/day:9/11
Speed:5 Languages:Common, Imperial(=elven)
AP:1 Second Wind:1
Basic Attack: +8 vs AC, 1d8+4
Opportunity attack: +10 vs AC, 1d8+4
Powers: Cleave, Sure strike, Tide of iron
Covering Attack
Comeback strike[/sblock]

Remove ads