The Captain's Caper! (Dunamin judging)

Halford

First Post
[sblock=Question]Am I correct in my belief that characters are no longer limited in the number of aoo they can take?[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
-Hrav launches a barrage of shuriken which drops the nearest kobold and injures and blinds the nearest drake. The kobold between them uses its shield to deflect the shuriken though and is barely injured.

-Quagmire slashes at the drake nearest him and drops it to the sand without the additional strike by Alexander.

-Alexander strikes the Drake between him and Brudd.

-The two kobolds nearest Alexander chop at him with their short swords. One of them hits him for 6 damage. Then both of them take a sneaky step backwards towards their leader. (Shift back one square each)

-The kobold leader weaves his hands in the air and conjures another orb of acid. He flings it right into Brudds face this time burning and sizzling the minotaurs fur. (Crit for 13 acid damage to Brudd) He shouts to the other kobolds "See they can be hurt! Fight harder for your Mother!" The other kobolds shout back "For the Mother!!" (Gives kobold allies in 5 squares +5 temp HPs)

-Girth, and Brudd can go...[sblock=Halford]Per PHB page 290: "You can take only one opportunity action during another combatant’s turn, but you can take any number during a round."[/sblock][SBLOCK=Combat Info]Initiatives and Status
20 - D1 (HPs -15, -1, -13-16= -51); Blinded till end of Hrav's next turn - dead
20 - D2 (HPs -9,-15= -24)
20 - Hrav (HPs -13,+11=24/26)
18 - Quagmire (HPs +8=34)
17 - Alexander (HPs +8,-5,-4-6=26/35)
15 - K2 (HPs -6,+5= -1)
15 - K3 (HPs +5= +5)
14 - K1
10 - Girth (HPs +8=38/30)
08 - K4: dead
08 - K5: dead
08 - K6: dead
08 - K7
08 - Brudd (HPs +8,-9-13=14/28)
K2 and K3 attack Alexander (1d20+7+1=24, 1d6+3=6, 1d20+7+1=12, 1d6+3=8)
Energy Orb (acid) vs. Brudd (1d20+6=26, 1d10+3=5)[/sblock]
attachment.php

Attachments

• CC_E5_Bounty_Hunters4.JPG
    CC_E5_Bounty_Hunters4.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:

Halford

First Post
Brudd drops Death's Due with a slightly betrayed expression, and wrenches free his own trusty blade.

"Guide me 'n' me mucker Alex's blades boss, 'n' a little healin' wouldn't go a miss!" He roars bringing his blade around on the drake and sending a fountain of crimson blood spraying out as the bastard sword cuts through scale like butter.

As the Minotaur smiles dark light suffuses his wounds and they close almost completely as he grins malevolently at the Kobold leader.

"I'll show you what I'll do to your mother lizard..." He snarls.

[sblock=Hit 25, 18 Damage, Brudd heals 14, +4 for Alex to hit D2]Drop Death's Due free, draw Bastard Sword move, Righteous Brand, Healing Word minor. 1d20+9=25, 1d12+5=16, 1d6+3=7 Added two to the damage because using DeatH'S Due Brudd's damage to the drake and himself would have been 9, so Brudd should now be at 27/28.[/sblock]

[sblock=Brudd in Brief]Brudd Brassback- Male Minotaur Cleric 1
Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 18
AC:16, Fort:14, Reflex:11, Will:13 -- Speed:5
HP:27/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:10/10
Initiative: -1 Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Powers-Righteous Brand, Sacred Flame
Cause Fear, Goring Charge, Divine Fortune, Turn Undead, Healing Word, Healing Word
Avenging Flame[/sblock]

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=ooc]i was thinking that if Brudd continues to use righteous brand with alex so often he might as well take a hammer as weapon and power attack at 2nd lvl...[/sblock]

The Digger

First Post
"And thou are still here, Oh scaley one? Then perhaps this will thy impudence serve."

Girth's hand made a peculiar twisting motion and light sprang forth and swirled around the remaining drake in manner like a cage of pain.

[sblock=OOC]Daily; Dread Star; vs Will hit will 23; damage 13 radiant damage; target immobilized till end of my next turn. Target also -2 penalty to Will saves (save ends) If that damages the target then it takes 5 damage from the Warlock's curse Roll Lookup
OR maybe not! I think it may have been the other drake that was cursed in which case Girth's attack roll becomes 24 to hit Will but no extra damage![/sblock]

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
-Girth assaults the creature with his light, damaging it till it is bloody in several places. (Curse was on D1 which is already dead)

-Brudd slices through the remaining drake, dropping it in pieces to the hot sands.

-The remaining smaller kobold circles wide around Brudd to attack him from the rear. Its feeble attempt at a hit is laughable though.

-Hrav, Quagmire, and Alexander can go...
[SBLOCK=Combat Info]Initiatives and Status
20 - D1 (HPs -15, -1, -13-16= -51); Blinded till end of Hrav's next turn - dead
20 - D2 (HPs -9,-15-13-16= -53)- dead
20 - Hrav (HPs -13,+11=24/26)
18 - Quagmire (HPs +8=34)
17 - Alexander (HPs +8,-5,-4-6=26/35)
15 - K2 (HPs -6,+5= -1)
15 - K3 (HPs +5= +5)
14 - K1
10 - Girth (HPs +8=38/30)
08 - K4: dead
08 - K5: dead
08 - K6: dead
08 - K7
08 - Brudd (HPs +8,-9-13+14=28/28)

K7 attacks Brudd (1d20 5=10)[/sblock]
37057d1224067980-captains-caper-dunamin-judging-cc-e5-bounty-hunters5.jpg

Attachments

• CC E5 Bounty Hunters5.JPG
    CC E5 Bounty Hunters5.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
ooc tactics: I think K1 is the only real threat left. If we delay so that Alex goes first and marks K2, then Quagmire can go by it to K8, accepting the OA (which will give Alex an attack if it's marked). Then Hrav can circle behind for CA this round. Sound like a plan?

garyh

First Post
ooc tactics: I think K1 is the only real threat left. If we delay so that Alex goes first and marks K2, then Quagmire can go by it to K8, accepting the OA (which will give Alex an attack if it's marked). Then Hrav can circle behind for CA this round. Sound like a plan?

OOC - Works for me. Hrav will delay until Alex and Quag are in place.

Atanatotatos

First Post
Alexander sees Quagmire gesturing to him a plan. Without thinking much about it, he decids he likes it, and proceeds to step forward and swing a long cut trough the two kobolds in front of him.

[sblock=actions]move: shift to j5; cleave on K2 23 vs AC, 5 dmg, 4 dmg on K3. K2 is marked.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Alexander Duran- Human Fighter 1
Initiative:+1 Passive perception:18 Passive Insight:12
AC:20 For:18 Ref:15 Will:14
HP:27/35 Bloodied:17 Surges value:8 Surges/day:9/11
Speed:5 Languages:Common, Imperial(=elven)
AP:1 Second Wind:1
Basic Attack: +8 vs AC, 1d8+4
Opportunity attack: +10 vs AC, 1d8+4
Powers: Cleave, Sure strike, Tide of iron
Covering Attack
Comeback strike[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Atanatotatos, I'm guessing you meant for Alexander to shift to K5 instead of J5 so that you can target both kobolds with the Cleave attack.

-The two kobolds in front seem to see and hear the formation of a plan among their foes and nod to each other in readiness. Just as Alexander steps forward carefully to slash at the two kobolds, they both step back just out of range and laugh in a hissing manner at the suddenly off balance human. (Kobold Tactics power- Immediate Reaction to shift 1 square at-will when an enemy moves adjacent to them) They would shift back 1 square each to J7 and L7 respectively.
[sblock=OOC]If I understand this properly, I think it invalidates Alexander's attack because his movement triggers their shifting away before his attack occurs. If the Judge wants to chime in to rule for or against this, I'd appreciate it.

I've also asked in the 4E Rules forum to see what they say.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads