The Captain's Caper! (Dunamin judging)

Halford

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Interesting. Well I learned a lot about immediate actions looking that up a nasty ability![/sblock]

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Since its an immedite reaction I am pretty sure Alex can just continue his movement and attack.
OOC: Normally I'd agree. But since he said he shifted to that spot I'm not sure. Doesn't shifting use the entire move action? What good is that power otherwise? I guess maybe in a thick melee more movement would draw other OA's. Hmmm. Just one of those areas I hadn't run into enough to be sure of the rules yet. Sad for the DM to say that, I know, but I don't know it all yet. :eek: ;)

Halford

First Post
[sblock=OOC] I'm pretty sure your interpretation is correct Phoenix upon reflection, but I will note that alex still has a standard and a minor action remaining and could draw and throw a javelin, etc.[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
it is correct phoenix. However, I spend an action point, Alex moves again and attacks as per above.
Alexander laughs maliciously :D.

(we should get a fresh action point after the encounter anyway)
(and yes it was K, not J. sorry)

garyh

First Post
OOC: Smart use of an action point, Ata! And don't forget, Alex heals 3 HP due to using an action point and Quag's Inspiring Presence.

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: From PHB p.268, mostly for my own edification, since I didn't know this: "If a creature triggers your immediate reaction while moving (by coming into range, for example), you take your action before the creature finishes moving but after it has moved at least one square." I'd think Alex should get to continue moving, then, and attack afterwards, without spending an AP. I suppose if you want to hold him to just shifting there, you can, but since he doesn't need to shift (a normal move will do) it seems a bit pedantic.

Atanatotatos

First Post
It's true covaithe but my action was a shift (it was stupid since i was in no danger of oas, but i didn't remember that kobold power) and changing my action wouldn't be fair. What woud be the point of the power then, indeed?

Halford

First Post
[sblock=Yoyo man] Ah, well call me yoyo man, I agree with covaithe since he did not need to shift, it does seem he should be able to continue his move.[/sblock]

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Eh, fair enough. No big deal, to be sure.

Quagmire waits for the little shuffle in front of him to settle, then proceeds with his plan. Due to the kobolds' crafty shift, he must run the gauntlet between the two instead of going safely around, but he grins defiantly and does so. At the end of the move, he lunges, thrusting his bloody sword violently towards the dirty little runt. He trips slightly, though, and his sword only penetrates sand.

[sblock=actions]Move to K8 by way of K7, since going my original route is now blocked, and I'd rather have an OA from K3 than K1. Attack with viper's strike, hits AC 8. Ah, well, the point was flanking, not damage. Though the OA from shifting due to viper's strike would have been useful.

Depending on the results of the 2 OAs Quagmire provokes, I might want to use an inspiring word on myself, too. But I'll wait until the attacks are resolved to decide that, if that's OK.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Quagmire stat block]Quagmire Weaselcrust- Male Hobgoblin Warlord 1
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC:17, Fort:14, Reflex:13, Will:14 -- Speed:5
HP:26/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:6/9
Initiative +6, and grants nearby allies +2 to initiative
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Wolf Pack Tactics, Viper's Strike, Hammer and Anvil, Inspiring Wordx2, Hobgoblin Resilience, Bastion of Defense, Sneak Attack
[/sblock]

Remove ads