The Captain's Caper! (Dunamin judging)

Dunamin

First Post
[sblock=I guess that’s my judge cue]
* Drops silently down from ceiling and lands in split *

My interpretation of the Rules as Written support Halford. The critical hit rules state that you don’t max rolled extra damage that is activated by scoring a crit (such as by magic weapon enhancement). However, the extra damage from Sneak Attack is unrelated from whether or not you crit – its activation is tied to hitting with combat advantage, an entirely different requirement. To me, this implies that Sneak Attack damage is indeed maxed upon critting.

* Throws smokebomb and backflips into shadows *[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=max]
However, the extra damage from Sneak Attack is unrelated from whether or not you crit – its activation is tied to hitting with combat advantage, an entirely different requirement. To me, this implies that Sneak Attack damage is indeed maxed upon critting.

Hooray for Max, the Bugbear Daggermaster :D[/sblock]

The Digger

First Post
Girth stares for a moment at the nearest kobald (K7) then barks a harsh laugh.

"So they've left you to me, have they? You poor snivelling creature, how my Lady will feast upon your pathetic soul."

He draws down her curse upon the beast before unleashing the power and terror of starlight upon his foe. Unfortunately this time his Lady seems unwilling to participate.

[sblock=OOC]Curse K7; cast Dire Radiance vs Fort: rolled:11: Roll Lookup : I doubt that is a hit but 10 damage if it is: Roll Lookup plus 1 damage from Curse Roll Lookup
If he is hit and he moves towards me he takes another 9 damage: Roll Lookup [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]I hope you did not misunderstand my post on crits. I do agree that Sneak Attack, Hunter's Quarry etc are maxed on a crit - as are any attacks that would be part of a non-crit attack. I was only speaking of damage such as magic weapon crits which only happen on a crit and are therefore rolled and not maxxed. Apogolies for any confusion![/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
-Girth is pleasantly surprised to see the kobold he curses drop to the ground writhing in pain before slumping into stillness and death.

-Heedless of the kobold dying behind him, Brudd moves forward and slashes at the nearest kobold and giving Alexander a good distraction to hit the creature as well.

-Alexander, Quagmire, and Hrav can go...

Atanatotatos

First Post
Alexander goes for the finishing blow on the last kobold, profiting from both Brudd's power and his advantageous position. His sword strikes true, but his blow is so powerful on the kobolds head, that the little bugger almost sinks in the sand, and ends up taking little damage.

[sblock=action]basic attack 31 vs AC, 5 dmg Aww so close to a critical...
Alex needs some damage boost. Phoenix, would you send someone wielding a warhammer against us? ;)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Alexander Duran- Human Fighter 1
Initiative:+1 Passive perception:18 Passive Insight:12
AC:20 For:18 Ref:15 Will:14
HP:29/35 Bloodied:17 Surges value:8 Surges/day:9/11
Speed:5 Languages:Common, Imperial(=elven)
AP:0 Second Wind:1
Basic Attack: +8 vs AC, 1d8+4
Opportunity attack: +10 vs AC, 1d8+4
Powers: Cleave, Sure strike, Tide of iron
Covering Attack
Comeback strike[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
ooc:eek:oops! Don't know where i caught that! Well it was meant for K3
[sblock=OOC]Probably from the way I have them listed in the Init and status area:
"15 - K2 (HPs -6,+5,-5= -6)
15 - K3 (HPs +5,-4= +1)"
But the last number isn't their current HP's, its how far down or up they are from their maximum HP's. That way you can see how much damage they've taken without me telling you exactly how many HP's they have total.[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
Ooc:No, i think you said one fell (k7 i think) and for some reason I recorded K2 had fallen too... well, nevermind...
*drooling over the craghammer*

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire circles around cautiously and attacks the other kobold. His caution seems to be his undoing, however, since his attack is ineffective.

[sblock=actions]move W, W, NW, NE to I6. If that prompts the kobold to shift, Quagmire still has one square of movement left to follow him. Attack with viper's strike: hits AC 10 for 6 damage
[/sblock]

[sblock=Quagmire stat block]Quagmire Weaselcrust- Male Hobgoblin Warlord 1
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC:17, Fort:14, Reflex:13, Will:14 -- Speed:5
HP:26/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:6/9
Initiative +6, and grants nearby allies +2 to initiative
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Wolf Pack Tactics, Viper's Strike, Hammer and Anvil, Inspiring Wordx2, Hobgoblin Resilience, Bastion of Defense, Sneak Attack
[/sblock]

Remove ads