• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Captain's Caper! (Dunamin judging)

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire looks impassively down at the pile of mangled bodies. "Wonder who that Lady of theirs was that they were goin' on about. Ah, well," he shrugs, not particularly upset at not finding out. He goes about the task of searching the bodies for valuables.

Halford

First Post
"Nice job fellas! Cheers boss, ye've seen me right again! Lets see if they have anythin' useful on 'em. Who d' ye think this mother they talked about was anyway, the old scaly broad?" Brudd says cheerfully patting his holy symbol approvingly as he cleans himself and his gear with his now customary thoroughness.

Turning to the Captain the Minotaur enquires,

"Ye want te keep the boats Captain? Or should we sink 'em te keep the trail clear in case they've any more friends?"

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC]My apologies for the recent delay. Had a couple very busy days and nights but I should be back on track now.[/sblock]
"We don't need no stinkin' kobold rowboats." Captain Azrael says. "Drag 'em out with us to the deeper water and sink 'em like ye said."

On the kobolds you find some worn and stinky small equipment and a few coins amongst them (25 silver and 5 gold). There is also a scroll in the pouch of the leader. (Anyone that knows draconic can read the following.)[sblock=Draconic writing on scroll]The bounty of 250 gold pieces shall be paid to the 'Black Hydra' kobold bounty hunters upon the return alive or proof of death of Captain Azrael of the 'Bloody Wake' sailing vessel. Further payments may be negotiated if the shipment he has failed to deliver is secured and returned as well.

So swears Kartharath[/sblock]

garyh

First Post
Hrav takes a look at the scroll, but the writing makes no sense to him.

"Stinkin' lizardscratch, can't make heads or tails of it..." the bugbear mutters.

covaithe

Explorer
"Nor I," agrees Quagmire. He gives the nearest kobold body a kick. "Hardly worth the effort of lootin' the bodies. Still, I suppose ye got ta check. Wouldn't want lose the habit, would ye?"

Halford

First Post
"Right you are Captain." Brudd replies giving a lazy salute.

After pocketing his share of the loot the Minotaur then lashes two of the boat together awkwardly rows them out a ways and smashes a hole in one quickly untieing it. He repeats this process, keeping an eye on the Captain as he does so until finally he rows the last to the Bloody Wake and scuttles it before climbing aboard.

[sblock=Captain Azrael]Brudd is now actively trying to keep an eye on the good Captain and get a read on his plans and feelings, etc. After the incident with the Dragonborn, Brudd thinks the Captain might try a preemptive double cross - its what Brudd would do - and hes looking out for it.[/sblock]

The Digger

First Post
Girth says nothing until he gets back to the ship. Then, turning to Alexander he asks "Drink have you? Strong drink? Drink for me you can find, yes?"

He stares intently into Alexander's eyes. "For divination, in state of fugue I must, and drugs here there are none. Strong drink will suffice."

Then, in a poor imitation of a Daunton accent, "I gotta drunk as a skink be."

Atanatotatos

First Post
Ehm... I'd like a beer too, but i fear there's lack here... says Alexander, retreating slightly from Girth...
Well, I'd say we can return to the dwarf! It looks there's not much to gain staying here...

covaithe

Explorer
"Surely the cap'n here'll have something ye can warm yer blood with. I never heard of a sailin' ship without rum or grog or some such on board. Why, who'd take a berth on a ship like that? 'Twouldn't be natural. How's about it, Cap'n? I'm feelin' a powerful thirst myself." Quagmire asks, feeling a bit cheered up by the apparently random violence.

Remove ads