• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Chaos Effect updated 10/11/05 Exit the Dungeon + New Players intro

RASHLEIGH

Within your pouch is 500 gold and another scroll. This one is much older than most you have seen before. Carefully you unroll it and inside is drawing of a large oddly built stone structure. There are descriptions given of the structure that you are having difficultity translating. The language is Giant and Elven influenced.

A lose piece of paper has a quick note written by Jaskin.

"I thought this would be of interest to you. I am unsure if it relates to the Ring of Chaos but I found it with notes about the location."

VANDER

Within your pouch is 500 gold and several sheets of paper. Looking at the papers, you see they all refer to a man once known as Commander Van Freekill. During the war he was a top assassin for Karrnath. He was reported to have special abilities including immortality.

Reading further, you see Jaskin believes this man had something to do with your father's disappearance.

Stopping you pause, Jaskin NEVER says murder or the death of. It is always the disappearance of. Could your father be alive? But how?

SPIKE

The pouch you are given is bulky compared to the others. When you open it you find several things within. Three potions of Repair Light Damage (1d8+1), a small metal and obsideon globe with a crystal within it. Possibly a Dragonshard! As you hold it you feel the need to keep it and hold it. A piece of paper within says-

These potions I felt would be important to your function of protecting and leading of the team. This small globe I found was suggested to be helpful by a guide of mine. He calls it a Docent. Though it was created ages ago it works well with creations like yourself. I give it to you as I do not require it and have little use for warforged parts.

You finish reading and look at the globe again.

CLANG (Still there even if as a NPC)

Your pouch is bulky like Spike's. Within it are three potions of Repair Light Damage (1d8+1) and another scroll. Opening it you see more notes that relate to the psionic gems Professor Vel Bloomsdale was given. The possible teleportation effects of the gems are hinted at here. They locate specific items or locations that are preprogrammed. Curious but you hope the professor will not tinker with them much until you return.

TAMIN

Within your pouch is 500 gold and many more notes. Once you have time to read them you learn there was a group of rogue elves that went on a killing spree through your area. They rode horses that were pure black with flaming hair. These elves seemed unstoppable. Any time a resistance group went out to stop them, they just disappeared.

PS Look closely at your medallion. It is more than it seems. It is not yours to keep however. It belongs to another you know.

THE CHAOS EFFECT
SEGMENT 027

OOC: Will Rashliegh continue to use his horse? It has quieted and seems the spirit has moved on once more.

(V)ander
(K)errick
(R)ashleigh
(C)lang
(T)amin
(S)pike

Using the maps provided, you begin into the forest. The thick pines caste deep and very dark shadows. The path is a horse trail. Several of the locals do still remember Jaskin and his people. They did not like his arrogance but he had no problems overpaying for services and information. Some of the elders are not happy you seek the same caves he did. They suggest there are things there that are not meant to be discovered.

The first day goes uneventful. The first night also.

3-4 days to go.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Tamin wakes up after a bothersome night. He's not tired, but he definitely didn't sleep well. Firey elves have been plaguing his dreams, and his medallion is... missing something. Sitting up, he pulls out his medallion and stares at it for a while, trying to figure out what's hidden in the design. After a while, he stands up and moves to Vander, "Hey, this doesn't look like anything special to you, does it?"

He shakes his head and goes back to his things, to collect them to get ready for the rest of the travel. He prepares some rations and then gets ready to go. "No point in hanging out here, right?"

Jdvn1 said:
Firey elves have been plaguing his dreams, and his medallion is... missing something. Sitting up, he pulls out his medallion and stares at it for a while, trying to figure out what's hidden in the design. After a while, he stands up and moves to Vander, "Hey, this doesn't look like anything special to you, does it?"

Do you ask any others in the group before leaving?

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
ooc: I'm not actively trying to keep it hidden, but since I have no context whatsoever, I wouldn't know who else to ask.

If Vander doesn't recognize it, Tamin pulls the medallion back to take another look, ... Still nothing. Holding it up to everyone, "Would anyone else here know? No?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads