The Chaos Effect updated 10/11/05 Exit the Dungeon + New Players intro

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Tamin looks at the map as it comes to him, but quickly passes it on, "Yes, this should suffice. And we are to get the information we seek afterwards?"

Tamin seems uncomfortable with the situation. DeMell seems like a nice gentleman, but why does he hold such personal information as collateral? <This would be much more comfortable if he told me what I wanted to know first -- I'd agree to do this favor for him afterwards -- I just want to know about my family.>

sleepystyle

First Post
As DeMell explains, Rashleigh nods considering. When he finishes the priest replies, dark brows furrowed in thought, "Interesting, intriguing even- the possiblity of an artifact from the lost giants' civilization right here in Breland. I too will accept your offer Mr DeMell."

lonesoldier

First Post
Kerrick looks over the maps, noting the general structure of the caves/residences, he frowns and glances up from them. "What is the scale of these diagrams? How wide and long is each square, also how high is the ceiling. Will there be adequate room to maneuver? Or do we have to march in single file?" he asks.

Kerrick places the map back into the sack, unless anyone else wants to hold on to it, he will.

CHAOS EFFECT
SEGMENT 010

"Oh I'm sorry Vander and Kerrick. The map is drawn from my memory and may be off in size here and there. If my memory serves me correctly, each sqaure is roughly ten feet by ten feet. The blue line is the safe route my team and I found and/or created. The area marked 'A' was a large floor trap. I lost two men there. The entire floor tips once the weight is on the far inside of the room. There is a loose stone to the right of the main entrance that deactivates it. The areas marked a 'B' are more floor traps. Some of these have creatures within it that can survive without regular feeding. Largely undead if I remember correctly. The area marked 'C' was a trap that released projectiles from the facing wall. Very dangerous. Lost my best tracker with that one. The trick there is to watch for lose sinking stepping stones built into the floor. The secret door was left ajar. Another secret door lies at the end of the blue marks. I would recommend you avoid that room. My two travel bags are within the last room before entering the secret room."

"Yes Rashleigh, I believe the ring is an artifact created by giants. The legends I have uncovered suggest this anyway. Within those two bags are the journals and a key I need to use at the ruins in Xen'drik."

"I have arranged for a skyship to take you towards the final area. The captain was not willing to take you into the Peaks but would take you to Two Posts. Two Posts is a trading center within a few days walk of the caves. Along with the dungeon map, I have a map showing you how to reach the caves from Two Posts."

"It seems we have an agreement?"

"If so, money and further bags are awaiting you on board the Golden Eagle. [Rashleigh knows of the ship and Vander recognizes the ship name and it's Captain- Capt. Diltain Bladder. Gained a repitation in the war for high risk decisions] I have arranged for a sky coach to pick you up here at the Mithril Tower and to bring you to the Lyrandar Tower where the ship awaits you."

Last edited:

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
"I am ready to go as soon as you are ready." Tamin motions towards the door.

Bront

The man with the probe
"Other than my horse I am ready to leave. However, I can leave it here if you feel I will not need it." Vander says.

I just hope that Jaskin can handle what I asked of him, Vander thinks to himself.

Last edited:

sleepystyle

First Post
"It will take only moments to gather my things and set my affairs in order. Obviously the Captain is expecting us; will we be leaving today then?"

Remove ads