D&D 5E The City of Is'Merith

Trogdor1992

First Post
Okay so I had my whole character sheet assume everything, and upon coming back noticed Tiefling wasn't allowed. Is it PHB races only minus Tiefling and Drow, or can we take from other books?

Sezarious

Explorer
Also, you could theoretically use a flute as a blowgun IRL, but would need to seal up all the holes when you want to do so. You'd want it to be reasonably long for accuracy too. Given those factors, I will allow you use of a blowgun as an improvised weapon. You may be able work towards getting a custom made flute in future, but that will take time, research and experimentation.

pathfinderq1

First Post
If the spot is still open, I'm going to go with Mina as my character submission. Should be ready for review at level 1.

Still have the previous questions:
1. How is the city ruled? One ruler (Sultan?) over the noble houses, by the nobles themselves (Council or similar), or something else?
2. Is there a particular language in use by the nobility/government/etc.? (If there is, I need to budget proficiency- otherwise go with gnomish, learned from her 'tutor')

And now add:
3. Should I build her for level 2? (If so, assume she has been on her own for a month or two- 2nd level would be Rogue 1, and she would have been acquainted with the Guild; most likely bartering training/support for her knowledge of the Inner City)

Sezarious

Explorer
If the spot is still open, I'm going to go with Mina as my character submission. Should be ready for review at level 1.

Still have the previous questions:
1. How is the city ruled? One ruler (Sultan?) over the noble houses, by the nobles themselves (Council or similar), or something else?
2. Is there a particular language in use by the nobility/government/etc.? (If there is, I need to budget proficiency- otherwise go with gnomish, learned from her 'tutor')

And now add:
3. Should I build her for level 2? (If so, assume she has been on her own for a month or two- 2nd level would be Rogue 1, and she would have been acquainted with the Guild; most likely bartering training/support for her knowledge of the Inner City)

Hi Pathfinderq1 - I don't have a lot of time ATM so will summarise in points:

-Yes, the spot is open to you. You are in.

-As far as you are aware, the city is run by Certain noble families. Families with greater portfolios (such as guild owners or those who own land) will have more power than others. Every major family has a representative and decisions are made through the noble court. It's not unheard of for very wealthy outsiders to sometimes move in either, whether they previously were of noble blood or not may not have always been important.

-Those of noble blood often learn celestial as they believe their blue blood brings them closer to angels, however, it's also not unheard of to have family circles, with mage ancestors to have learnt either infernal or Draconic, given a mages tendency to work with such languages generally.

-Yes, please level up and attach your final sheet to the forum below "Is'Merith Character Sheets:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?471605-Is-Merith-Character-Sheets

Sezarious

Explorer
Okay so I had my whole character sheet assume everything, and upon coming back noticed Tiefling wasn't allowed. Is it PHB races only minus Tiefling and Drow, or can we take from other books?

Yeah no Tieflings, drow or dragonborn. If you want to play another race from another book, you're going to have to run it by me. This world isn't Greyhawk, but some stuff is based on it. IAnything like Aasimar is ok, because they could move freely through the city without the commoners swarming and slaughtering it for looking different.

Last edited:

Matthan

Explorer
Hey folks, I just wanted to chime in on the general thread and say how much fun I'm having with this. The pace is really nice. The characters are interesting. It's just fun.

Also, pathfinderq1, have you given any thought as to where you might want to get introduced into the story? It looks like we are about to have an interaction with the Thieves Guild if that's a group that Mina may have an association with. I don't know if Sezarious already has plans for you or not, but it can't hurt to offer some options to make his life easier.

pathfinderq1

First Post
I have added Mina to the character sheets thread. Build is at level 2 now; further advancement mostly as Bard (probably no Monk, but maybe some Fighter or Ranger for archery- someday...)

I made some minor changes to background/motivation- she is less naive now, for starters, after a month or two out in the real world. She is also less concerned with returning to her previous position (it seemed a bit selfish); she is now more of a revolutionary- she sees what happened as a sign that something is wrong with the noble society that allowed it, and this has been reinforced by time among the common folk. She wants her revenge, still, but also wants change... (If she needs to become a power in the underworld to bring about that change, then so be it). As now added to her write-up, she is guided by the Game of Thrones quote "I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel." For all of that, though, she is not fond of violence, and she hates UNNECESSARY violence.

in my eyes, she is a (very) probationary associate of the Guild; in return for training and work, she gives them insight on various aspects of the noble houses, and an agent who can convincingly operate in those areas. She might have met Daedarai while getting paperwork for some scheme or another, because they cooperated on a Guild operation 'over the wall', or simply because he is another intelligent/educated/articulate Guild member.

She still has her 'real' identification, but this isn't useful with anyone who knows about recent events in the inner city (it might be useful against people in other districts or outside the city). Most of the time, though, she uses identification for 'Mina Nightsong', bard/dancer/entertainer- it is possible that Daedarai prepared those papers.

Remove ads