D&D 5E The City of Is'Merith

Matthan

Explorer
Have you considered being a dual-wielding halfling fighter with strong ties to the Thieves Guild? All the cool kids are doing it.

Seriously though, looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Are you thinking native to the city or newcomer?

Matthan

Explorer
Well, to throw some ideas out at you (and to continue procrastinating from my paper):

You could be muscle and part of the guild
You could be trying to hire the guild for a particular job or purpose (forged papers, stolen item, etc...)
You could have defaulted on a debt to the guild and are now working it off
You could have taken a loan of some kind from the guild and the payments were job related instead of just monetary
You could have winded up in jail for some reason and a guild member took notice of your talent and got you free on condition of your working for the guild

Any of those spark an idea?

Trogdor1992

First Post
Well, to throw some ideas out at you (and to continue procrastinating from my paper):

You could be muscle and part of the guild
You could be trying to hire the guild for a particular job or purpose (forged papers, stolen item, etc...)
You could have defaulted on a debt to the guild and are now working it off
You could have taken a loan of some kind from the guild and the payments were job related instead of just monetary
You could have winded up in jail for some reason and a guild member took notice of your talent and got you free on condition of your working for the guild

Any of those spark an idea?
I actually quite like the last one, and I think I could work a decent backstory off of it, perhaps they saw my swift and dexterous swordfighting skills prior to my arrest

Matthan

Explorer
Awesome! Also, maybe you were fighting someone the guild (or that member) already disliked? You might be able to toss in some plot hooks in there for the DM to play off of later if he wants.

Remove ads