• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Crux of the Matter

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Ironically, rather than a human, they Polymorph him into a puppy again. However, since it isn't Baleful this time, he is able to prepare spells.*

"I agree with the merchant--going down there after Eve and her hundreds of allies for the chance that she didn't use the diamond dust she has yet seems suicidal. There's other diamond dust upstairs past the seal."

(OOC: Yeah, Hogarth should easily be able to cover the non-ability-score wounds with those spells, I think. )

Velmont

First Post
"Ok, let's head for the seal now. Laynie will open it, and after that, we find that diamond dust first. If we fall on the Crux before, we'll take it as a bonus but as soon as we have the dust, we hurry here, cast that stoneskin spell, go back there, take the Crux, come back here, cast Balefull Polymorph so we have Tenebrynn turned into a turtle (that way, he won't escape if he had to lose his mind before we can heal him) and exit that curse tower and hope we stop that tower from destroying the world... seems fine with everyone?" asks Rinaldo who place his buckler on his arm so he will be ready to go.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"You won't 'fall on the crux' first--the crux is all the way at the top. You may have noticed that the distortions are worse up there if you tried to Fly on the outside?"

"As to your plan, I suggest that you not come back after grabbing the diamond dust unless absolutely necessary--while you're gone, Eve could do any number of things, including stealing the magic items lying around up there or beginning to unleash Sin. Don't you have an elixir that will work for five hours anyway? Come back for a Stoneskin if that's about to expire, I'd say."

Erekose13

Explorer
"That works then. And if there are tons of magic items that might help just lying around. Perhaps there'll be something we stumble across that'll help me. So we are opening the seal then going after the Crux, right?" replies Tenebrynn as he finishes applying the Elixir.

Velmont

First Post
"I think it is time." tells Rinaldo.

"Not yet." answers Hogarth. He approach Vanitri and cast a spell. he touch Vanitri's armor. "Gundar's... ward you now. We can go."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Hogarth have cast Magic Vestment on Vanitri's armor. It give +1 to his armor for the next 5 hours.[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Do be careful. We'd come out to help you, but we can't stand against Eve's power--she'd turn us into an id wraith or an id nymph irreversibly...You'll have to do this on your own. Stay safe, especially you kid," she looks to Laynie at that.

*When Tenebrynn drinks the potion, this one has a side effect as well--his persona, while strengthening due to the elixir, changes slightly as well. This time, instead of becoming passionate and easily attracted to others, his persona reverts and shifts to that of a young girl. He is still just as intelligent as before, but hiss worldview changes. As his mental image of himself shifts, so too does the form he is stabilising. Though he easily succeeds at keeping his form stable, it changes to that of a small elf girl.*

(OOC: Net result--+5 to Charisma-based checks. No mental stat change--just a temporary persona shift (and perhaps this can help you play the 1 / 3 Wis?). Child form acts as Reduce Person, so -2 Strength, +2 Dex, +1 to hit and AC.)

Velmont

First Post
"Yes, let's go." tells Rinaldo, who leads the group out. As they head out, Rinaldo adds. "The most important, in the library, is that Tenebrynn isn't touch by one of those light. If you see one getting to him, try to intercept them. Better us than him to get some of those memory." He then enter the library, leading the group back to the corridor, trying to avoid those light.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Rinaldo leads the group out. Assuming they are careful, they manage to exit the library without anyone except Laynie attracting any of the lights--she seems to pull them in from farther than everyone else. They easily reach the upper landing without a problem--little girl Tenebrynn is able to stabilise herself almost half of her tries, rather than one fifth, so she is no longer struggling to maintain her form--it would be highly unlikely for her to fail, even if she takes some time off and doesn't focus every second.*

Remove ads