The Crux of the Matter

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Right then--we wait. An interesting development...I guess that means the 'Sorry Hogarth, we're destroying the Crux anyway' ending probably isn't going to happen. FWIW, I didn't expect this whole Diplomacy thing to happen, since I had thought you guys would have gotten out of range before Sin finished dressing, but at least Rinaldo gets to put his skills to good use!)

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Rinaldo will rather sacrifice his soul, as he knows what he is doing, rather sacrifice Hogarth's soul. That why he has done this pact... and the last close might be use if the aspects become unstable, as they have already shown. That would be too great, but even there, nothing will prevent Sin to kill use with a meteor swarm and then use another soul bind to capture our soul.

Rinaldo is a 8th level merchant and try to deal with a level 17th+ caster and a tower that could detsroy the whole LEW... do you think I feels like I have a lot of choice... I hate that position, Rinaldo wanted to flee earlier, but Vanitri have chosen to fight a desesperate fight... I just hope I don't make a mistake, but giving Laynie to Sin sounds not right, but even if we wanted to dtesroy the Crux, i'm not sure we could do it...

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I think if you wanted to you could destroy it, whoever has the adamantine dagger. True, it isn't easy, but nothing ever is. Of course, there's now the issue of the whole soul contract, but at least you might get Hogarth back if Sin succeeds. As for the Meteor Swarm/Soul Bind thing, I would expect that most casters don't prepare multiple Soul Binds in a day ;)

FWIW, I agree that you're in a pretty tight position, and you're making the best of it. Since the world may be on the line, this may be Rinaldo's most critical and exciting negotiation yet!)

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: I'll readily admit I have dificulty percieving distances, locations, and time in PbPs at times, and unfortunately, it's been getting a lot worse :(. That's probably the biggest culpret of me not fleeing. Well, that and Vanitri having been mostly missed as far as damage was concerned before everyone started to flee.

"I wouldn't have agreed to that, but it's your soul my friend," Vanitri says. "Bring 'em down, and lets see her work her magic, but realize, that at this point, we've lost. There's no way to prevent her from getting the Crux without you sacrificing your soul, and you've forfieted Laynie as well."

Velmont

First Post
"What would have you done? Forfeit the soul of Hogarth? Take the risk to destory this whole region? We aren't even sure if we could even destroy the Crux. Tenebrynn is gone, lost in time, or maybe even worst, dead because of that curse. Ashnar is dead. Hogarth is dead his soul his trapped. Laynie is no where we know, and by destorying the Crux, we might end killing her too. And if we don't gives Laynie and if we can't destroy the Crux, what would happen? It is this whole world that you'll send to the oblivion.

Believe me if the only thing I would need to save you, to save our friends, to save this world, to save my kids... if the only thing I would need to do is sacrifice my soul, I would have done it. But I had to make the most cruel choice I had in my life, to choose between the soul of a friend and a kid..."
Rinaldo felt silent. "Sin have proven she can do evil things, but that doesn't mean she is mad, that doesn't mean she can't hold her word. I must just be sure she hold it..."

Rinaldo grabs Hogarth corpse. "Please, wait before trying to do anything. I know that you would like to see us all outside, this tower gone and with it Sin... but don't lose hope. Have faith. I'll try to get the best out of this story." On that, Rinaldo starts to climb down the stairs again.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Is the library with the spark on the way to where is Sin presently?[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads