The Crux of the Matter

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo climbs down the stairs and put the burned corpse of Hogarth on the divan, next to Ashnar. "Here. The ball is on your side now." tells Rinaldo.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Alright then. If I'm being serious about this and I try my hardest, rather than just a casual attempt, the boosting ritual for the temporal control check will take several hours. Please stay here while I do so--as he is your friend, your anchoring presence may aid in the attempt..."

*Sin sets up a complex ritual, drawing an intricate pattern on the floor in one of the side rooms, and after several hours, she places Hogarth's body in the centre and withdraws the black sapphire, concentrating as a hazy insubstantial something is released--Hogarth's soul. Then she concludes the ritual and attempts to exert her influence on the timeline. As chronomantic energy floods and warps the area, it seems to have no effect at first, but Sin continues, adding clods of earth to symbolise the connection to Gundar and trying again for another hour, and then grabbing Rinaldo's hand and trying again. Finally, there is a huge temporal distortion around Hogarth's body, so heavy that neither Sin nor Rinaldo can see, and then...the sound of breathing--Hogarth is alive.*

"Well, what do you know--I guess we were fortunate after all..." Sin says with a triumphant smile, "At least I don't have to take your soul for a failure--that would be awkward."

*As the distortion clears, it reveals in the centre of the circle...a wild elf female? Huh? Sin taps her lip, thinking about this for a second, then she raises a finger.*

"Oh, I know what happened there--we didn't quite grab him back right. A little better and we would have honed on the exact time, but as it is, we grabbed his temporal cord from an alternate life and affected something similar to a reincarnation...He'll have all his memories, but this new form will seem natural to him now...if you like, we can kill this elf body and try again, as long as you kill it because I'm not allowed to," Sin offers.

(OOC: As far as I'm concerned, the Monster Manual messed up the stats between Wood and Wild Elves, so when I say Wild, it meant I rolled Wood on my reinc table. Hogarth Prime will have +2 Str, +2 Dex, -2 Con, -2 Int and elf abilities at the moment. No level was lost because Sin grabbed a living version from a different reincarnation/timeline, rather than raising the dead body)

Velmont

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: As far as I'm concerned, the Monster Manual messed up the stats between Wood and Wild Elves, so when I say Wild, it meant I rolled Wood on my reinc table. Hogarth Prime will have +2 Str, +2 Dex, -2 Con, -2 Int and elf abilities at the moment. No level was lost because Sin grabbed a living version from a different reincarnation/timeline, rather than raising the dead body)

OOC: Does he lose his bonus feat and bonus skill? It is always the thing that bug me with reincarnation....

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I would say that he shouldn't lose them, but he doesn't get the bonus skill point in future level-ups. Specifically, losing the bonus feat would be totally unfair if the bonus feat was a required feat for a character's Prestige Class, for instance, and the character lost all Prestige Class abilities. Considering that, I make the claim that my ruling stands. And if it doesn't for normal Reincarnate, well, it does for this special case of Temporal Reincarnate ;))

Velmont

First Post
"No... I think there has been enough death like that... on both side." tells Rinaldo. "Hogarth, are you ok?" asks Rinaldo to the wild elf

OOC: Do you me to roleplay Hogarth at that moment? I'll do teh chage to Hogarth sheet.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Yep, you seem to have a good handle on roleplaying Hogarth. Note that like all characters who die and come back, he can't really remember the hazy intervening time in the soulstone and then the afterlife)

Velmont

First Post
"Rinaldo..." tells confusingly Hogarth in Terran. He looks around and see Sin and the others. "What happen, are we prisonner?" he continues in Terran.

"No, we are in discussion." replies Rinaldo in Terran. "You've sacrifice yourself to save Vanitri, but Sin have capture your soul to make sure we would listen to her. I'ev agree to deal with her, but only under the eye of Gundar. So Sin have agree to bring you back to life to help us... it has almost perfectly worked."

Hogarth seems confused by Rinaldo explanation. Even more than when he tries to understand a conversation between Rinaldo, Tenebrynn and Ashnar. He stares around, not sure what is happening. He then suddenly look at his hand, which are more delicate, more feminine and at the same time, more robust and strong. "What happen?"

"You have been return to life into the body of a previous incarnation of you. It seems you've been a wood elf in a former life." Rinaldo approach Hogarth and put his hands on his shoulders. "I'm trying to put an end to all that madness, but I'll need your help. I need you to pray Gundar. Can you do it."

Hogarth nods. "What... what should I do?"

Rinaldo smiles at Hogarth.

OOC: Does he need to rest to gain back all his spells?

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: She has her spells from before, but those spells don't include Zone of Truth, so you do need to wait for the next time Hogarth prepares (is it dawn?) to get that)

Velmont

First Post
"You told me you could ask simple question to your god. i would like to have his opinion on the deal we will be doing. Also, you told me you could create an area where everyone is forced to tell the truth. I would like you to also do that." explains Rinaldo.

"I cannot do that" replies Hogarth in Terran. "Not now. I need to pray my god, and that can only be done just before the sun rise, when a man awake and get ready for a long and hard day of labor." he explains.

Rinaldo turns to Sin "Can we wait?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Sure, why not. I need a bit more time to prepare something to help you with Elpis anyway. Come back when you're ready."

(OOC: Shouldn't it be 'she explains'? ;))

Remove ads