• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Crux of the Matter

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Lust too. Sloth might be there--Ashna doesn't know her on sight. Destroying the Crux after all would be...difficult at this point, as I explained. The Greater Wraiths seem to be unswervingly loyal to their creator, at least from what Ashna has seen. I don't think anyone has Telekinesis prepared (and only Rayne is strong enough to cast it, right?). You could always try to make a run for it and hope that you make it out alive. Whoever doesn't go with Laynie probably has a fair shot of it ;))

Knight Otu

First Post
(Well, they didn't have much of an incentive yet to be illoyal, I'd wager. Certainly Sin must look like a grand banquet to Gluttony once it is pointed out. ;) So Lust recovered, and Envy hasn't?)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Yes. Envy still has yet to fully rematerialise herself, as without her Envy of others, she is just a formless mist in her natural state. Lust was just KOed, so they healed her up)

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn is concerned when Ashna returns. Hopefully Hogarth still has some healing available to him. "Perhaps a concentrated blast of arcana might create enough distraction to allow us to leave quickly." offers Tenebrynn not really having much more that he can think of.

Velmont

First Post
Hogarth converts his Zone fo Truth and Magic weapon to healing for 23 hp of healing, seeing it hasn't heal enough for him, he also convert his divine favor for an extra 11 hp (total of 34).

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Not anymore now that you said it," Elektra shakes her head, "Not that it probably would anyway. Sin knows far too much about our spells for it to be a coincidence. I think she has up some kind of Arcane Sight spell."

"By using some of the advanced Daryne illusion techniques, I can make some pretty convincing ones that can't always be detected by weaker mages and their divinations, but Sin will have no trouble seeing through them. She's too powerful, even with only her wimpy spells left over."

"Now, if we could somehow combine Mirror Image on someone who can evade area attacks and Dimension Door out of here, that would stand a decent chance, but we can't do that."

Velmont

First Post
"What we would need, it is a globe of invulnerability, so we can block most of the spells, only higher level spell could be cast, but we could try to dispel them as they are cast. That could buy us enough time to escape." Rinaldo looks at Rayne. "I suppose you havn't prepared that spell."

There is a way, we haven't destroyed the Crux, we have all survived this, we have the tools needed to escape.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"That would work if I had that spell prepared," Rayne agrees, "But if I rest up to prepare it, then Sin gets her big guns back."

"And I only know two spells of that level of power, one of which had to be an Evocation or Illusion spell, and the other of which is Dimension Door."

Velmont

First Post
"You can prepare some spells without Sin having the time to do so, just like Ashnar and Tenebrynn did." Rinaldo turns his eyes toward the Crux. "But it can be risky."

Remove ads