• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Crux of the Matter

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Vanitri's Inspection]*Vanitri can translate a few of the words, barely, and they seem to generally be similar to what Laynie said.*

*The door seems to be magically sealed by powerful magic. However, there are clearly areas where the magic is weakening, like little cracks or holes in the seal. This is almost more as if it is being slowly broken by some other magical force continually testing its strength against the seal again and again over time.*[/SBLOCK]

Bront

The man with the probe
"The magical seal here looks like it's been tested quite a bit, and is rather worn. While I'm unsure it's beeing tested at the moment, either there is a regular who tries to enter, or some other force becons at this doorstep to be let in... or perhaps let something out."

"And Laynie's translation is correct, as far as I can tell. She picked up the language far better than I did."

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: Btw, do we have a judge for this thread? or are we judging this ourselves since 3 of us are judges? If the second is the case, you shorted us 10,000 XP and 50,000 gold :p

Erekose13

Explorer
"I think that from the warning on the door and the condition of the seal that you are correct, Vanitri, something is trying to escape. While it would generally seem prudent to leave such a seal be, this tower is tearing apart the fabric of magic in this area. What ever is contained within needs to be dealt with. I can only hope that we are ready to contend with whatever that might be." replies Tenebrynn.

Bront

The man with the probe
Vanitri sticks his tongue out at Laynie.

"How to break the seal is the important problem if we intend to continue. I'm not sure if brute force or even mechanical finesse will help."

Velmont

First Post
"Yes, that and try to understand what Elpis stand for. If the warning is true, it might be the solution to this problem. But what I don't like, if it was really teh solution, teh wizard who sealed this place hasn't been able to find it it seems." replies Rinaldo.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Both Ashnar and I know a spell that'll open locked doors, but neither of us has it prepared. We'll need rest before we can cast it." replies Tenebrynn.

Remove ads