The Crux of the Matter

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: For the potions, there's the same problem of taking out the potion from the bag, moving over, and using it--I'd say the safest way is to have someone hand Vanitri the wand (or hand someone else a potion if you want to spend 35 extra gold) and then have the other person use it. Anyway, so Ashnar is going to move over to Tenebrynn and try a Heal check?)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Nope, they can still do stuff. However, note that Rinaldo comes *after* Tenebrynn in initiative and everyone else but Vanitri is unconscious, so if Ashnar tries and fails, Tenebrynn automatically dies (the Heal check replaces the stabilisation check). I accidentally rolled before realising that, but I'll keep the roll a secret until you decide)

Knight Otu

First Post
(Oh? That's news to me, and didn't find it on a quick read-through. I thought it was just for poison and disease, where the better check applies?)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Oh, I may be wrong--if so, I guess the upshot is that if Ashnar tries (assuming I don't know the result already), he has a 40% chance of success, followed by a 10% of auto-stabilise, so a 54% chance of Tenebrynn dying. There's a 0% chance if he gives Vanitri the wand. I usually don't mention things like this for this long before resolving an action, but I thought you should know. If you want to have Ashnar go for it, that's still cool)

Knight Otu

First Post
(Well, Ashnar's chance would beat Tenebrynn's normal recovery chance anyway - I was just surprised about the replacement. So, yes, Ashnar tries his hands at first aid.
Wait, I read to fast, I think - If I search Hogarth and find the wand, and give it to Vanitri, Tenebrynn's chance to survive is 100%? I guess I was a bit confused about the init sequence. If that's the case, we should do that.)

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Okey dokey. Tenebrynn dies

EDIT: Maybe he doesn't die--damn, you made me play my hand with your edit :p Make up your mind! :lol: )
(Sorry, I read that 0% as "In that case, we could never survive" for some reason. Guess it's time to sleep, before I somehow destroy the world due to a misreading. :heh: So, my mind is made up to take the safe route for Tenebrynn.)

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Ashnar searches in Hogarth's pockets and draws out a slender wand, handing it to Vanitri. Vanitri moves over and heals Tenebrynn, saving the pale, sickly, and generally fragile elf from an untimely fate. Then Vanitri heals Hogarth, and he is actually able to rouse the hearty cleric.*

(OOC: Tenebrynn recovers 7
Hogarth also recovers 7 and wakes up at 1)

Remove ads