The Crux of the Matter

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo stay near teh creature, but now use his 'total defence' manoever just to make sure he doesn't take attention on someone else.

Hogarth raise his holy symbol and summon Gundar's protection, asking him to ward teh group.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Rinaldo try again to attack, but with -4/+4 from combat expertise and -4/+3 from figthing defensively...

Hogarth try to turn undead.[/SBLOCK]

Knight Otu

First Post
[sblock=Spells prepared]Spells prepared (Save DC 13 + spell level, or 14+ spell level for Evocation spells; 4+1/4+1/3+1/2+1): 0 - acid splash*, detect magic, flare*|, disrupt undead x2; 1st - Ashnar's sparkstrikex23*|, mage armor, cause fear; 2nd - protection from arrows, scorching ray x3*|; 3rd - Fireball*|x2, Ray of Exhaustion
* Evocation spell.
| Bonus spell slot; for Evocation spells only[/sblock]
Ashnar sighs, thinking I can't do my work if everyone keeps jumping into my aim. I'll have to develop something for that once we're out of here, then says "Need space to aim!" He readies to coax another scorching ray from his wand once his conditions are more favorable.

(Modified 0? That's a roll of 2 if I remember the modifiers correctly. :uhoh: Nope, not going to say it and jinx my next roll.)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Tangent--

You know, if Hogarth is going to have Improved Turning, he should get 5 ranks in Knowledge Religion--not just because it's embarrassing not to know anything more than common knowledge about your own god, but also because he just got a high roll on the turning check and failed by 1 because his net modifier is -1 -- the +2 synergy from 5 ranks of Knowledge Religion would have made it succeed.

Okay, I'm done :heh: )

*Hogarth holds up his holy symbol, and the power of Gundar is strong, but Hogarth lacks conviction, strength of personality, and even a rudimentary knowledge of his own god, so the creature ignores him. Rinaldo's attack is ineffectual, but at least his defenses are superlative.*

*But the creature doesn't attack Rinaldo--or Vanitri for that matter. After first just lashing out at what was near it, it has finally noticed Laynie in the back--and it screams in anguish from countless mouths as it floats heedlessly towards her. Rinaldo and Vanitri both have a chance to swipe at it, though only Vanitri's attack has any effect. It shoots a tentacle towards the little girl in rage, but she drops the book and ducks to the side.*

(OOC: Critter takes 6, total 21. Everyone's turn again)

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Ashnar takes the opportunity to shoot a scorching ray at the creature now that it is no longer engaged in melee with anything adjacent--at least for the moment. His scorching ray slams into the wall.*

(OOC: Yep, it was a 2. And so was your current roll (total 4) because you jinxed it :lol: )

Knight Otu

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
*Ashnar takes the opportunity to shoot a scorching ray at the creature now that it is no longer engaged in melee with anything adjacent--at least for the moment. His scorching ray slams into the wall.*

(OOC: Yep, it was a 2. And so was your current roll (total 4) because you jinxed it :lol: )
(Actually, what I didn't want to say was "At least it wasn't a 1". :heh: The dice don't like us it seems.)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: The dice like Hogarth (he rolled a 15)--he just doesn't like himself ;) Also, Vanitri has rolled above 50 on 1d100 three times consecutively. No, clearly the dice just don't like Ashnar :])

Knight Otu

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: The dice like Hogarth (he rolled a 15)--he just doesn't like himself ;) Also, Vanitri has rolled above 50 on 1d100 three times consecutively. No, clearly the dice just don't like Ashnar :])
(And Tenebrynn. And if the dice really liked Hogarth, they would've given him the missing point. ;))

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Technically, they did give him the missing point. The d20 result was 16. He took away the point with his 8 Charisma :lol:

As to Tenebrynn, hmm...getting hit by the tentacles was expected, the permanent Cha drain was lower than average (average for two hits = 5), and his Fort save is rather low, so failing one of the two was also expected. And now that his Charisma is 4, failing those DC 15 checks is par for the course too :])

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Oh, I should roll for the spiritual weapon)

*Hogarth's spectral warhammer makes a mighty blow that disrupts the creature's composition momentarily, leaving it significantly weakened.*

(OOC: Ouch, maximum damage--critter takes 10, total 31)

Remove ads