The Crux of the Matter

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Oops, I gave +1 EL because of the ambush, so the higher number is correct. Did I give you time XP back then as well? If so, you all get less of that also)

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Nope, doesn't look like it.

Oh, and with Arcana know +5, does Rinaldo know anything about Tenebrynn state (I think with everyone here, someone will have a better roll anyway...

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Ashnar's Know: Arc]Restoration or better should fix him up completely. A Stoneskin would shore up his body so it doesn't melt, and a Polymorph spell would override the chaotic drift with its own transmutation magic, for a while at least.[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: @Ashnar picking up new spells--well, if you hadn't gone to every room except the huge library that was through the big double doors directly across from the entrance ( :lol: ) we could have used the excuse that you found some new spells in there ;))

Knight Otu

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Oops, I gave +1 EL because of the ambush, so the higher number is correct. Did I give you time XP back then as well? If so, you all get less of that also)
(As Velmont said, no. I remembered the marauders because 'back then,' I decided not to list them yet because it didn't really affect my character sheet much.)

"I guess I have good news and bad news... There are healing spells that could completely cure Tenebrynn's condition, the weakest one of which is commonly called restoration." He looks at Hogarth at this to see if he might be able to cast that spell. "The spells stone skin and polymorph would offer a temporary respite at least, but I'm afraid that those spells are out of my, and I believe Tenebrynn', reach. If we are lucky, we might find something here."

(We aren't exactly in close reach of having 4th level spells at our disposal...)

Rystil Arden

First Post
"The creature seems to...absorb souls...making the body unstable. I think positive energy from a powerful clerical restoration spell might end the effect. You could probably harden his body with a Stoneskin or something to stop the melting, at least, or override the effect temporarily with a Polymorph. But I haven't seen any of you guys use any incantations of the fourth circle, so I guess that isn't much help. I'm sorry, I don't know any more."

*As Ashnar says much the same thing at basically the same time, Laynie blushes and goes quiet.*

Rystil Arden

First Post
(We aren't exactly in close reach of having 4th level spells at our disposal...)

(OOC: Hey, not my fault you guys decided to multiclass and/or die :p If Tenebrynn was straight Wizard, he would have level 4 magic from this current level-up)

Knight Otu

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Hey, not my fault you guys decided to multiclass and/or die :p If Tenebrynn was straight Wizard, he would have level 4 magic from this current level-up)
(So you're saying that if Pure-Wizard Tenebrynn were to rest now, he'd die, but at least he'd get the XP to gain the spells he'd need to not die? :p)

Ashnar shortly raises an eyebrow as Laynie uses the 'circle' measurement that he believes to be archaic and imprecise, but since more pressing matters are at hand, he says nothing about it. "As I said, if we are lucky, we might find something here if we just look. Tenebrynn won't be healed if we just stand around."

Velmont

First Post
"If you both agree, it seems you know pretty well the solutions." replies Rinaldo.

Hogarth slowly shakes his head. [SBLOCK=Goblin]"The head of our order was able to cast restorative spells of high power, and even turn the skin to stone like texture. He had done it when the dragon came to take rid of us... but it is out of my power. I am not a man of such faith as the head of my temple. I'm sorry Rinaldo."[/SBLOCK] Hogarth's face show a great sadeness

Rinaldo put an hand on Hogarth shoulder. "You don't have to be sorry. I couldn't even do a thing against that creature but I am not sorry, but I should be the one with that curse." Rinaldo then turn to Tenebrynn. "Tenebrynn, leave me or Vanitri doing the door opening job, and if such creature appear again, at least, your magic will be able to do something if the door opener have to fall down." tells Rinaldo.

"But how much time will eh be able to survive in this state. We are a few days from Orussus and as far as I know, no one of us know how to teleport themselves. And for polymorphing, it has some liited time effect. Opale's show me one of her spell she was able to cast, but it wasn't lasting even an hour... but maybe it is because it was a minor spell, she didn't had the skill you have."

Remove ads