The Crux of the Matter

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I've done the math--Based on 4 Charisma, Tenebrynn has about an 80% in any given stretch of ten rounds to keep himself stable for another ten rounds one of those ten times if he spends a standard action every round trying. Once he becomes unstable, on average he will die before stabilising again. If he can get some more Charisma or a bonus to ability checks, his chances increase dramatically. Once his bonus to the check changes from -3 up to 5, for instance, he loses on average 1 point of Wisdom per day (assuming he stays up all day and night making checks).

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Damn! I just remembered that CLW is Will save for half :eek: There's little chance it would have failed that, but too late now :uhoh:. Wow, that CLW had a huge number of ways that it could have failed--missing the touch attack roll, incorporeal miss chance, SR, and Will save)

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo looks at the corridor. "So you think it is that bad? Hogarth, do you have anything that could help?" Hogarth shooks his head. "Ok, let's waste no more time. We will need some chance, but chance come to people who provoke it." Rinaldo head toward teh two large door. "Larger are the doors, the more important is aroom, so let's start with that one." Rinaldo quickly looks for traps, not wasting time and open it.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Search roll: 20[/SBLOCK]

Erekose13

Explorer
(ooc: I'm alive :) for now... doh)

Tenebrynn reforms into a semi solid version of the elf, loose globs of ectoplasm continue to drip every once in a while. "I need to concentrate to maintain form." He then sits down and does just that. If a safer room (inside where that thing came from for example) becomes available he'll move into there to meditate.

(edit: ooc: I think Tenebrynn is 53xp from next level. I'll be spending 1 DM credit to push him over the top. He'll be taking Eldritch Knight 1 yay me.

edit2: ooc: looks like I forgot the Marauders XP too, so no DM credits necessary.)

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
(ooc: I'm alive :) for now... doh)

Tenebrynn reforms into a semi solid version of the elf, loose globs of ectoplasm continue to drip every once in a while. "I need to concentrate to maintain form." He then sits down and does just that. If a safer room (inside where that thing came from for example) becomes available he'll move into there to meditate.

(edit: ooc: I think Tenebrynn is 53xp from next level. I'll be spending 1 DM credit to push him over the top. He'll be taking Eldritch Knight 1 yay me.

edit2: ooc: looks like I forgot the Marauders XP too, so no DM credits necessary.)
(OOC: Okay--remember that nobody gets the level until they rest)

(OOC2: Velmont, I rolled again for you on Search to keep it a secret)

*Rinaldo finds no traps on the door, but he does find a lock.*

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo takes out his lockpicks and start to try to unlock it.

[SBLOCK=OOC]+13 with lockpicks... my sheet has been updated and Open Lock should raise by 1 in next level, so it explain why I have +13, not +14.[/SBLOCK]

Bront

The man with the probe
"Here, try this."

Vanitri untucks a somewhat feminine necklace and offers it to Tenebrynn. "I'll want this back, but see if this helps."

"Maybe one of the potions back in the lab might help? Or at least eas the ugly. You're worse to look at than usual my friend."

OOC: The necklace provides +2 to Wis, Int and Charisma. Should increase your suvivability a bit.

OOC: What is Vanitri down? Oh, and he's 545 XP short of leveling :p I'll trade you those for 50 XP for Lasiar. :p Otherwise, I might have to use a few DM credits. Not sure how many I have left, but I should have a few more coming soon.

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Not a fair trade--how about 545 for 50 XP an a Torc of Power Preservation?)

*Rinaldo thinks he can get this lock open with enough time, though his chances aren't good for just flicking it open in six seconds. After two minutes, the lock pops off. Thankfully, feminine though the necklace may be, it seems to help Tenebrynn stay solid for that time--and he feels like a better Wizard too.*

(OOC: Door is unlocked now :))

Remove ads