The Crux of the Matter

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Oh--and also, for what specifically is he searching?

EDIT: Also, nobody has tried to make the free Spellcraft checks to ID the potions, right? Or have you guys already done that and all failed?)

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Spellcraft? Now that's a skill I can't use... and Hogarth either.[/SBLOCK]

If there wasn't the lights, how much do Rinaldo evaluate the time it would take to search all the room without taking 20?

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Search the entire room for what? Without the lights: Just a once-over glance of every square of the room for traps or salient features (ignoring the high-up stuff that he needs to use a ladder to successfully search and just staying on the ground) would take a bit over three hours. Of course, if he is searching for specific books and has to read all the titles, perhaps move a few that don't have titles on the spines, etc, it will take even longer. This is a big room.

If he knows exactly what he is looking for (and if he does, I don't know about it yet), it could be much faster, potentially)

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo come back to the entrance of the room. "With those ball of memories flaoting around, it will take much tiome for me to find out something suefull without knowing what I search. Someone have an idea of what could help us in solving Tenebrynn's problem?"

Erekose13

Explorer
"Perhaps we should just worry about finishing everything here and try to solve my problem later. I can hold myself together for the most part." replies Tenebrynn.

Bront

The man with the probe
Vanitri will step in, "I want to check something..."

He'll find one of the balls of light and let it touch him.

OOC: I would have liked to have done this before Rinaldo. Stupid time off and new kitchen.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The light soars into Vanitri and...*

[SBLOCK=Vanitri]Vanitri's breath comes in and out rapidly, her chest rising and falling but her lips pursed to cause the sound to be as quiet as possible, her face held in a neutral position of calm by careful practise and diligent concentration--well, at least she thinks she's still looking calm. Can't be sure without a mirror, but she can see her face in her mind's eye, and if it looks anything like that, she's doing fine. She isn't a little girl, and looking scared like a little girl at a time like this would be absolutely unacceptable.

'Ice,' she tells herself, 'My eyes must be cool and keen, solid like ice, not all melty like water. This is important--focus! Breathe in...and out...'

Vanitri's breath slows, and she tries to maintain complete control. She focuses her gaze on the painting on the far wall, as the stern visage of Anoura Valanise gazes down as if in disapproval. Now that is just a flight of fancy. She closes her eyes on focuses on the arcane formulae and energies. She could use Magic Missile, but he would expect that--he'd have a Shield up. Scorching Ray might work, if she could get off a shot...at least for an opening move. Her own defenses should last while she determined his strategy. Jaedyn was a worthy foe, but Vanitri was better, and she had been meticulous. She wouldn't lose--she would prove that she had every right to be here.

At the sound of the start, Vanitri spins rapidly in one smooth motion, her lithe hands dextrously weaving through the spell's formula. There he is over there--my does he look handsome! But now he is her opponent, at least for the moment. Once she impressed him, well...who knows.

The Scorching Ray blasts off perfectly...too perfectly. It flies straight into him and burns...badly, a critical blow. He wasn't protected against it at all?! What was he thinking!? Vanitri... [/SBLOCK]

*And with that, he is back. His eyes flash open. Everything is back to normal but he feels disconcerted.*

(OOC: Vanitri also gains 10 XP)

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: Did I fail to ID the potions? Or did I not try? I thought I tried, but I wasn't sure if it was beyond the Detect magic part.

Remove ads