The Ebon Mirror: Dark Marks (Dunamin judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Indeed." Kama'zer responds to Riar'lon, "learning about other cultures is always instructive and worthwhile. You never know when such knowledge may become useful."

Staring at Mri'Thas while he speaks, Kama'zer lets her mind turn over the facts he has divulged and finds an interesting niche to explore with a futher question to him. "So Mri'Thas, you were part of a cadre, fought in the wars, and were ambushed by Githzerai who killed the rest of your group." She pauses for dramatic effect and raises one eyebrow as she stabs home with the point of her querry, "Why then are you here now, so far away from the battles and the fighting?"

Halford

First Post
[sblock=Knowledge Nature DC 15]The Starkreach woods were once far larger than they are today having been heavily forested for the construction of Daunton and surrounding villages. The Woods are home to all manner of beasts most notably wolves and drakes.[/sblock]

The party continues on for around two hours until they reach a small bridge crossing the lazy flow of the Rudd river. Upon the other side is a ramshackle shack and standing beside it is a bugbear wearing an outfit of mouldering leather armor. Resting upon his shoulder is a massive morningstar which is caked in dried blood and hair.

"Awright travlez, welcome to the bootstrap bridge. Ere fer yer riva crossin' convenience. All fer the resonable fee of," He squints at the group, "10 gp each. Crossin' is mandatorial by the way."

[sblock=Perception DC 15]You see several goblins hiding behind crates and boulders on the other side of the river, a glimpse through a gap in the shack reveals more movement inside.[/sblock]

OOC: Please post your initiative and grid position in an sblock, you have just rounded the corner on the road so do not move too far from Tyrion's position.

Attachments

• Bootstrap Bridge.jpg
    Bootstrap Bridge.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 165
Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
The man known as Murphy Tang had remained silent during the time of your travels, listening intently, but not adding anything of his own to the conversation.

Once arriving at the bridge:

"I'm afraid my good sir, that I have no coin on my person, nor do you wear the colours of the city of Daunton. Who has authorized you to look after this crossing? I would like to see a writ or other documentation before I submit to you on your word. You see we are here on official business from the lords of Daunton and they would be most displeased that you've held us up" Murphy says, eyeing the bugbear, and his mace, hoping that his bravado will fool the goblinoid.

[sblock=OOC]
Perception (1d20=2)
Attempt to Bluff: Bluff (1d20+14=21)
[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
Callen notices that there are other goblins hiding about and notes it casually to the bugbear with as little disdain as possible, "You have a bunch of enforcers I see. I can tell why you feel crossing and paying your toll are mandatory." He chooses not to antagonize the bugbear yet.

[sblock=ooc]nature (1d20 7=12), perception (1d20 2=22)[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
"Pay the toll or you'll go in a hole." The Bugbear snarls, chuckling at his own rhyme. "I authorized meself, me and Bria here." He pats the morningstar.

"N' yer right scrawny me boyz'll back me up, not that I need 'em. As fer the Lords of Daunton, they ain't 'ere. Me and Bria is."

Last edited:

elecgraystone

First Post
Ts'iri enjoys making small talk as the party makes it's way through the woods. She takes the time to look at many things on their trip since she hasn't had the opportunity to check out places outside of the city. Try as she might she couldn't recall anything about these woods, so she was keen on gleaning any information she could.

As she comes to the bridge and listens to the bugbear, she can't help but notice his backup. Ts'iri smiles as she speaks to the bugbear. "In the future, you should tell your goblin friends to either hide better or just stand out in the open." She was unsure of how the rest of the party wanted to deal with this but she wanted them and the bugbear know she'd seen his reinforcements.

[sblock=ooc]nature and perception checks (1d20-1=0, 1d20-1=16) [/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Start Kama'zer at grid J-15 please.
Initiative (1d20+4=12)
Nature check and Perception check (1d20-1=8, 1d20-1=14)[/sblock]
"Perhaps you've mistaken us for villagers who will quake in our boots at your thuggery and hand over all we have. How many others have you robbed or killed, I wonder. We were travelling to defeat brigands, and found one early. I think we should teach him a lesson, who's with me?" Kama'zer asks the others while drawing her scimitar.
[sblock=Kama'zer battle stat block]Kama'zer Anma'giduu- Female Githyanki Warlord 1
Passive Perception: +9, Passive Insight: +9
AC:17, Fort:15, Reflex:14, Will:13 -- Speed:6
HP:26/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:9/9
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers-Viper's Strike, Wolf Pack Tactics
Warlord's Favor, Inspiring Word, Telekinetic Leap
Lead the Attack[/sblock]

Last edited:

elecgraystone

First Post
Ts'iri laughs a little. "Good to see everyone is of like mind. I think it's about time we enact our own toll on this one." Ts'iri was already going over how much money they might have. At ten gold a traveler, this could be a good haul. Plus she was curious what the others could do. She pulls out her dagger and gets ready.

[sblock=ooc]Initiative (1d20+2=15) [edit: initiative=17 do to Kama'zer's +2]
at position h17 next to Tyrion.
PS: Sorry it took me a while, the map didn't want to load for me.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads