The Elite

Rystil Arden

First Post
I'm mostly opposed to this proposal based on the "Keep it Simple" principal, and to a lesser extent because I like a level playing field and I'm not confident we can balance this properly.

I think it is probably best balanced if it is considered as a template that could add +6 to 2 incredibly low stats, +4 to 3 low stats, or +2 to 2 high stats for the cost of 1 LA. I would allow a template like that in my games, but I would be admitting (and you all should be too if you voted YES to this) that I was making a good number of the crappy Monster Manual LA +1 races invalid as choices compared to a dwarf or human with Elite.

Erekose13

Explorer
Patlin said:
Oh, if the proposal passes, I have no objection to them in my games. I just don't see the proposal as being good for LEW as a whole. I prefer being able to say to a new player "we use a 30 point buy system" rather than saying "we normally use a 30 point buy system, but in some cases we don't, have a look at the rule mechanics thread."

I'm mostly opposed to this proposal based on the "Keep it Simple" principal, and to a lesser extent because I like a level playing field and I'm not confident we can balance this properly.

I'm with Patlin on this proposal. No I think it would unneccessarily complicate the point buy without adding much. I also think it would be quite difficult for current characters to make use of it and provide too many headaches for Nimisgod and KO. I'd vote the same if we pulled up the increase to 33 point buy proposal again.

Remove ads