The Emperor of Solmaria

Lichtenhart

First Post
Dar sits shapening his axe with great satisfaction.
"I think we'd better worry about one problem at a time. Now I'd like to do something to repay our hosts for their hospitality, but I have no idea what they would appreciate. Has any of you some advice to give? Then I'll be ready to go. The sun is shining over our mission."

hippocrachus

First Post
Seeing members of his party making ready to leave, Xanthas sits up and prepares himself as well. He pretends not to have heard Dar's pronouncement of repayment and hospitality.

Thanee

First Post
“I'm pretty sure they help us, because they know what we are up to and want to help us reach our goal. I don't know how they would react to offering them a repay for their hospitality. Anyways, I think they're gone already.”

silentspace

First Post
Kinden nods at Lenya and Dar. "Yes, they have already helped us, even though helping us would gain the enmity of Solmaria, as we are clearly refugees from there. I too would like to thank them. And I wish to speak with them of other matters."

"Their presence so near the city does not bode well, and I fear there might be much bloodshed soon. If we let them know there is a possibility that we can end this without bloodshed, perhaps we can delay it, and hopefully make it unnecessary."

"Also, I would like to ask them if they have any news from the city itself, of Hitorum and his friend, or of the innkeepers..."

Kinden stares off into the sky for a moment, his face peaceful and contemplative. Then a look of grim determination fills his features.

"And if our journey does not end in a peaceful resolution, I would like to tell them that I wish to return here and fight by their side."

deadestdai

First Post
Then that'll be your decision alone. "I" will be finding somewhere far from here - a place very safe and free of this Empire's taint. To hell with wars.

Dylan hops from his perch in the same movement slinging his lute across his back and stands in as much a dramatic posture as possible.

But enough of the future. Which way do we go from here?

hippocrachus

First Post
Xanthas rolls his eyes at the display of melodrama. He stands and walks past Dylan, purposefully bumping into him by accident, on his way to the edge of the clearing, to do whatever he feels like until the rest of the group is ready to move on. He practices swinging his sword at dead trees, for starters.

Lichtenhart

First Post
"An old dwarven adage says: 'Failure is not an option'. Rather than planning what to do if our mission fails, let's do our best to make it succeed."
As he stands up and puts away his whetstone, with the sun shining on the golden tattoo on his forehead, Darhaan's determination is almost palpable. All those around him are filled with a vague sense of boldness, as he fasten the axe to his back and says: "Let's go."

silentspace

First Post
Lichtenhart said:
"An old dwarven adage says: 'Failure is not an option'. Rather than planning what to do if our mission fails, let's do our best to make it succeed."

"I am confident we will succeed in our mission in getting to the Oracle. However, I don't know what the Oracle will say, so I can't know what the outcome will be. Indeed, that is why we are going to the Oracle in the first place, to find out, no?"

"But I take it no one here can track or find the elves?"

If no one says anything, and Kinden is not able to speak with the elves to prevent bloodshed or find out the fate of their helpers, then he'll continue on, following the map.

deadestdai

First Post
The bump from Xanthas almost caused the bard to stumble and fall and were it not for his natural sense of balance, he would have looked a fool. But, as it were, he used his natural grace to recover swiftly and look good at the same time, all the while scowling at the brutish warrior.

Last edited:

Remove ads