• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The EN World FREE Character Portrait Request Thread!

Nonlethal Force

First Post
As a further appreciation, I established a link and personal mention of your talents in my Story Hour title page within the Sblock for major characters. If you would like to see it, here's the link: Intro Screen to "Into the Moral Darkness"

Hunter said:
The excerpt from your story hour sounds really good!

I always welcome opinions on my Story Hours. If you ever find yourself with time to kill and wanting to read, feel welcome to take a gander. It's all free!

Again, thank you for the pic. It's great!

EDIT: Do you do commissioned work? If so, what would a black and white image such as the Rhema one you already did cost?

Last edited:

Hunter

First Post
Commissioned Work

Well NonLethal Force, thank you for asking for a commissioned art picture from me!

Actually at the moment I am booked with freelance illustrations up to the end of February.
Also I want to continue to post pics on this thread so I have to leave some time open as I go down the request list. The fun work I do on this thread only enhances my published work.

As far as price goes (if you don't mind waiting until after February) I would be willing to make a trade with you. If you buy something from my current Master and Lord, Blackdirge Publishing, I would be more than happy to draw commissioned pics for you. Also any contribution to EnWorld would get a commissioned piece from me.By helping them you are only helping me as a freelance fantasy illustrator.

Thank you!

Hunter

You can e-mail me any commissioned requests to: hunterm@mindspring.com

Leofwine

First Post
Galdre

Half-Elf (Elven parent is a wood elf)
Class: Warmage
height: 5 feet 5 inches
Hair color: Amber
Eye Color: Green
Level: 4th

Equipment: +2 heavey wooden shield, shortspear, two throwing axes, chain shirt, adventureing gear.

Campaign setting: custom, Nordic culture is the common one.

Name - Raijinn
race-Azer, height 6'0",Weight 245 lbs., Build- STR 25 Very Muscular, Hair Color - Flaming hair lol, eye color - Orangish, & handsome.....He is wearing Leather Spiked Armor & Has Burning Gauntlets that are always on fire....
Class - Reaping Mauler

Last edited:

IcyCool

First Post
Hunter, you do fantastic work! Are you familiar with the Earthdawn game setting (specifically, their races?) I've got a character I'd like to see you draw (and possibly a comissioned group pic if my group likes it -- do you do color pieces?).

Anway, on with the character description:

First, a general description of Earthdawn Trolls:
Physical Description: Trolls average almost nine feet tall and are massively built, with powerful muscles. They have curling horns like a ram which are the pride of every troll. Trolls banished from their clan have their horns sawed off, a mark of shame that lasts throughout the troll's life, since they never grow back. They have flat faces with beetled brows, wide noses and mouths, and short tusks that protrude over the upper lip. They often have rough, lumpy skin, deeply tanned from outdoor life. Troll hair tends to be long, and males often wear long beards as well. Their clothing has a rough charm to it, decorated with colorful patterns, crystals, gems, and precious metals. Trolls live longer than orks, but not as long as humans, usually about 50 years or so.

And now, Hagrim the troll:
Hagrim (or Grim as he prefers to be called these days) stands an imposing 9'1" tall, and his 650 pound frame is almost all muscle. He is very capable in a fight, and looks it. Numerous scars cover his body, and there is a nasty gash over his left eye, which is covered by a patch. One of his tusks is capped with an intricate silver design, and his head is crowned with mid-length, ragged white hair, which is odd, because Grim isn't that old, even for a troll. His skin is a light brown, but ashen, as though he was sickly. His taste in clothing runs toward the macabre, with his leather breastplate, bracers, boots, and pants dyed black, and the few metal pieces of his attire being some manner of stylized silver skull.

The two pieces of gear that stand out on him are his sword, the Crimson Cleaver, and his choker of skulls (if you are familiar with the setting, these are his patterned items). The sword is an ancient blade resembling a large two-handed machete. It's blade is knicked and scratched in numerous places, but it still holds a razor sharp edge. Starting halfway down the blade, and extending all the way to the tip, the blade ceases to be steel, and instead appears to the obsidian, seamlessly fused to the rest of the blade. The choker of skulls is a length of silver chain that looks like it could be worn as a bulky necklace as a human, but winds up fitting like a choker on Grim. Each link in the chain is carved with numerous skull designs.

Sir Elton

First Post
Genre: Fantasy
Setting: Eberron

I'd like to see a fight scene between two opponents.

The first character is a (male) Kalashtar soulknife who is barechested and wearing a pair of white, wide bottomed Aikido Hakima pants (white with blue highlights please?). His mindblade is the size of a longsword and is a brillant scarlet. He is also using it much like Luke Skywalker or Anakin Skywalker would use their lightsabers.

His opponent is the Lord of Blades. Ad hoc. They are dueling. I'd love to see energetic action and movement. :)

Last edited:

Babette

First Post
Rpjunkie said:
Its Quick, but I appreciate the work. What did you draw it in? Charcoal? or pencil?

RPJ
hey no worries, i drew him on the spot with a black pen, a Bic pen,as it was the nearest tool on hand.

Arkhandus

First Post
Wow, great work Hunter!!

Wish I hadn't gotten so caught up in other things for the past few months, or I wouldn't have lapsed in spending my idle time browsing this wonderful art forum.... Sorry I didn't thank ya sooner for the Aeragi sketch, it looks awesome! :D Very, very appropriate kind of picture too, with the illusion of movement and winds all about...... The look of his face and patterned skin is great.

I really have to get back on track with updating my setting thread, too.... :heh:

I really liked the pictures you did of Shaladin and Kyran, too, for other folks. Those characters look pretty cool and interesting, makes me wonder just what their stories are. :cool:

Remove ads