D&D 5E The Fall of Blackmoor (OOC)

Skarsgard

Explorer
Is gear the standard gear in the phb for the class? If so, can we sell items for other options (say to buy kits/tools that do not come standard)?

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
You can go with the standard or roll for gold (or take the average if the roll is lower than that) and buy gear that way. Up to you. If you buy gear the "old fashioned way" roll or select a trinket as well.

Skarsgard

Explorer
Forest Deer Ngoya

Ok here is the first draft.

Name: Ngoya Utonga of the Forest Deer or just Forest Deer
Class: Rogue
Background: Outlander
Race: Human (Variant)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Languages: Common, Elven, Orc
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 138 lbs.
Eyes: Black
Skin: Dark Brown
Hair: Black, short

HP: 10
Hit dice: 1d8+2
Passive Perception: 17
Passive investigation: 15
AC: 16 (studded leather)
Initiative: +4
Speed: 30'

Attacks
Melee: Shortsword +6 (1d6 + 4 /Piercing)
Ranged: Shortbow +6 (1d6 + 4 /Piercing)
Ranged: Dart +6 (1d4 + 4 /Piercing)

Saving Throws:
Str +1
* Dex +6
Con +2
* Int +5
Wis +3
Cha -1

Stats
Strength: 13 (+1)
Dexterity: 16 (+4)
Constitution: 15 (+2)
Intelligence: 16 (+3)
Wisdom: 16 (+3)
Charisma: 9 (-1)

Skills
Acrobatics +4
Animal Handling +3
Arcana +3
*Athletics +3
Deception -1
History +3
*Insight +5
Intimidation -1
*Investigation +5
Medicine +3
Nature +3
*Perception +7 (expertise)
Performance -1
Persuasion -1
Religion +3
*Slight of Hand +6
*Stealth +8 (expertise)
*Survival +5

*Thieves Tools +6
*Flute +1

* = proficiency

Feat: Skulker ((req Dex 13): You can hide in lightly obscured areas; When hidden, missing with a ranged attack doesn't reveal your position; dim light doesn't impose disadvantage on your Wisdom (Perception) checks that depend on sight.)

Equipment:
Hunting trap, Travellers clothes, Belt Pouch with 15g 5s, Studded Leather
Shortsword, Darts x10, Dagger, Thieves Tools
Shortbow with 20 arrows in a quiver
Rope – hemp 50ft, Grapple Hook
Backpack, Bedroll, Messkit, Mirror- Steel
Rations 2 days, Tinderbox, Waterskin
Crowbar, Torches x2

Features and Traits
Wanderer – excellent memory for maps and geography, can always recall general layout of terrain, settlements and features. Can find food and fresh water for up to 5 people in addition to self.
Thieves Cant
Sneak attack 1d6
Expertise

Background Info Outlander (Bounty Hunter)

Personality Traits: I watch over my friends as if they were a litter of newborn pups
Ideals: If I dishonour myself, I dishonour my whole clan
Bonds: I am the last of my tribe and it is up to me to ensure their names enter legend
Flaws: I am slow to trust members of other races, tribes and societies

Character Backstory:
The Forest Deer tribe inhabited a region to the east of Blackmoor where they shared the land with their tribes’ namesake. Never numbering more than twenty or so adults is was a small tribe consisting of a dark skinned and dark eyed people who hunted and traded with neighbouring tribes.

Ngoya was out gathering herbs and fungi for the evening meal when in the distance she heard sounds of conflict coming from her village. Like her tribes totem, she swiftly and surely navigated the forest trails to speedily get back, but she was too late. Searching through the settlement she found the bodies of her clan and her family, all dead.

At the entrance to the village lay Manu and Oba, two of the tribes’ protectors, their bodies were bloodied and cleaved and she knew they had died hard. Her heart swelled with pride at the mound of dead elves before them and she knew that each warrior had taken at least four of the enemy with them on their last run. Everywhere the dead of Forest Deer lay their bodies broken, but many more of the pale elves lay around them. Pride for her peoples strength and rage for their senseless deaths warred in her.

Arming herself, Ngoya tracked the elves to their camp and over the next week made them pay a bloody price as she slew an elf each night. By the time the elves had returned to their land they were haggard from their nightly ordeals. Ngoya knew the elves would move against Blackmoor soon and though she had no love for the tribeless, she knew that there she would make sure the elves never forgot the Forest Deer. She would make sure they were remembered for all time!

Last edited:

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
The IC thread has arrived!

Remember, everyone, that this game is a little different in that it is a sandbox, so at least some of the motivation to adventure needs to come from your characters. There will be adventure hooks aplenty, but its your job to pursue them. ;)

Phoenix8008

First Post
Wow Kiraya, another awesome world! (Or another slice of time in the same awesome world) Doesn't sound like the family under the stairs is ending up here at least. Lucky them. I'm contemplating joining up. (since all me other PbP is going very slowly) Gotta see if a character concept jumps out at me.

Last edited:

Remove ads