The Fantastic Four Casting and New Release Date Revealed by Marvel Studios

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I like Pedro, but I don't think he's right for that role. Seems to me that he's being over utilized.

Yeah. I know Pedro Pascal is popular right now, but the role might be a bit of a stretch for him.

I haven't seen in his past work that he could believably portray the smartest man in the world. Also, Reed Richards is generally portrayed as... tidy, neat, well-kempt - it is part of his (ironically) fairly stiff demeanor. And Pascal has a seemingly permanent air of disheveledness about him.

I would expect they're going to use Doctor Doom as the villain, if only because he's a reasonable replacement for Kang as an overarching villain going forward.

Staffan

Legend
Yeah. I know Pedro Pascal is popular right now, but the role might be a bit of a stretch for him.
i see what you did there futurama GIF

Clint_L

Hero
Most men get gray hair on the temples in their mid-forties. I always thought Reed was older. Pedro is fine for this role. They might not even use hair make-up! :D
He looks too old right now, IMO - he looks like he in his 50s. And it's the MCU - how's he gonna look in 10 years?

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow

I haven't seen in his past work that he could believably portray the smartest man in the world. Also, Reed Richards is generally portrayed as... tidy, neat, well-kempt - it is part of his (ironically) fairly stiff demeanor. And Pascal has a seemingly permanent air of disheveledness about him.

I would expect they're going to use Doctor Doom as the villain, if only because he's a reasonable replacement for Kang as an overarching villain going forward.
Dr Doom would be the hero protecting us all from the excesses of Richards.

I'm concerned that the MCU wont get Victor von Doom right

Remove ads