The Fantastic Four Casting and New Release Date Revealed by Marvel Studios

overgeeked

B/X Known World
76fb6969a04c5bdfe437ae3931cf4b9d.jpg
That makes me think of a Galactus-MODOK hybrid. Massive nugget, tiny arms and legs.

Last edited:

Staffan

Legend
The ship's already sailed on larger-than-planet-sized humanoid catastrophies as of Eternals. Not that it wasn't silly in that instance.
Classic Galactus isn't anywhere near planet-sized. He's normally about 30 foot tall, and considerably smaller when he's starving.

Staffan

Legend
Isn’t he the same size as the villians in eternals?
Nah, he's big, but not planet-size big. "Eating" planets is a bit of a misnomer – he doesn't physically consume the matter, but rather some mumbo-jumbo about consuming the life energy created by its biosphere (so he specifically has to eat inhabited planets, or at least ones capable of sustaining life). He normally uses some tech to facilitate the process, because consuming it directly is really inefficient.

Here's a picture that shows Galactus to scale with some "regular" supervillains:
1708041198742.png

pukunui

Legend
Maybe he wasn't available.
Yeah, there's all sorts of possibilities. I'm just wondering if anyone knows the actual reason. (I couldn't find anything on the internet, just more speculation along those lines - e.g. not available, didn't want the role long-term, etc).

I mean, we already know that not all variants of a character have to be portrayed by the same actor,* so it's no biggie. I'm just curious.

*which could be the answer to the Jonathan Majors issue should Marvel want to continue having Kang be the new Thanos. Perhaps there are Kang variants who don't look like Majors and can therefore avoid being contained by Loki and the TVA.

Remove ads