• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The fate of the Advanced Player's Guide

Hey guys, give Ari a break and some room to maneuver here. Finding a publisher to take a completed manuscript and get it published in a short period of time isn't a trivial pursuit. This is the type of book that is going to require a lot of artwork and good layout to enhance its usability and sales. These things take time. Advertising to the distributors also takes time.

Thanks, Patrick. :)

That said, I do have something working. I don't want to say anything prematurely--nothing's solid, and there are still 1,001 things that can go wrong--but I may be in a position to make an announcement a little sooner than anyone expected.

Roland55

First Post
This is good news ... and nothing BUT good news. :D

I'm having some personal problems (I think) with 4E -- not getting the instant "fun" I've always had from every D&D Edition.

That will not stop me from picking up this book. That's how good Mr. Marmell's work is, every time. ;):angel:

To Clark and Ari, my most sincere admiration and respect.

You are not only top notch designers, but intelligent and caring people as well.

I will be buying the APG as soon as it comes out.

Honestly, this is the first I've heard of this product. I don't usually follow 3PP stuff, nor have I ever spent money on any. But I've liked a lot of the stuff Mr Ari Marmell has written for WotC. (The Sinister Spire was an awesome adventure!)

I think I'm going to buy this "Advanced Players Guide". Ari seems like a nice guy!

Thought everyone would be interested to know that Expeditious Retreat Press has executed a contract with the esteemed Mr. Marmell and we'll be bringing the Advanced Player's Guide to print. We're aiming for an October release. Ari's familiarity and experience with the rules system, along with his clean and evocative style will be an asset for anyone playing 4th Edition Dungeons and Dragons. We'd always wanted to work with Ari before, but the opportunity had never arisen, so we're excited to finally see an idea to fruition.

Exciting, and busy, times. :)

Joseph Browning
Expeditious Retreat Press

Remove ads