• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E The Fifth City - Episode 1: The Gathering

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Markus smiles broadly and says, "You have made a mistake friend. One you will regret." He places his thumbs together and aims his fingers out toward the ones attacking.

ooc: This post is conditional only if he can get a clear arc of attack on the rapscallions.

[roll0]

Last edited:

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Markus catches the ruffian who just decked him with the club, as well as one of the ones attacking Lenya. Both men scream and flail about as they burn before falling to the ground, smoldering and creating an awful stench of burned flesh.

OOC: Not bothering with the Dex saves as they don't have enough hit points to survive the spell's damage, even with a successful save. For future reference, however, please include your spell save DC in your post whenever using a spell so I don't have to go in search of your character sheet. ;)

The crossbowman on the balcony, wounded and bleeding from Castagyr's javelin, begins climbing up to the next floor's balcony above him, apparently intent on escaping.

OOC: Lenya, Korgon, and Amisi are up.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"Ouch!" Amisi exclaims loudly as she is grazed by a club. "Now that's not very nice. We are in the middle of a fun night out!" She narrows her eyes and speaks in the tongue of spellcasters, directing three darts towards her attacker.

OOC: Casting Magic Missile.

Magic Missile Damage (1d4=3, 1d4=3, 1d4=4) +3, forgot to add that, so the total is 13.

pathfinderq1

First Post
It hardly seemed right to use real weapons against fists and crude clubs, despite the odds- hopefully the mages would be able to disperse the rabble. Lenya stepped back from the remaining ruffian, who was too stunned by his comrade's fiery demise to make any kind of effective retaliation. With a bit of room to work, she bent her longbow and fired at the wounded crossbowman trying to make his escape. The arrow struck deep, nearly pinning him to the balcony railing.

[sblock= OOC] Lenya will move back about 15 feet, out of the melee area- taking an OA from the non-roasted ruffian (I rolled to save time, or I'll take your roll if you want; mine missed with 1d20+2= 11). Then longbow attack at balcony bandit 1d20+7= 25, probable hit for 8 piercing; rolls are here: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4802674/ [/sblock]

Fenris

Adventurer
Korgon looks at his shoulder and a strange gleam comes into his eye. He shouts a battle cry as he swings his axe. If you swung on Korgon with a fist, he would punch you back, you swing a weapon, your life is forfeit.

[sblock=OOC]
Rage:
+2 Rage damage
Advantage on Str checks and Str saving throws
Resistance to piercing, bludgeoning, and slashing damage
Attack:
1d20+5=13
If that hits
1d12+5=10
[/sblock]

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
The crossbowman climbing the balconies to escape suddenly finds an arrow sprouting from his midsection. He loses his grip and falls to the street below with a crunch. If he wasn't dead on the way down, he certainly is now.

The man who had hit Amisi is bombarded by magic missiles, first one, then another, then another. He collapses to the ground, also quite dead.

The man standing before Korgon falls over backward in a bloody heap, his torso nearly split in half. Another dead man.

The ruffian leader springs into his place, almost preternatural grace making his movements a mismatch for his bulky form. As he moves, he pulls a dagger in an almost dance-like spin, sending the blade plunging toward Korgon's midsection.

Ruffian leader attack and damage vs Korgon (1d20+5=11, 1d4+3=4)

The dagger slices through the air a mere inch from Korgon's ribs.

Lenya has seen this fighting style before...among the Elven Warrior Caste.

OOC: Felix and Veer are up.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
[sblock=OOC]Still trying to wrap my head around 5e, but based on this quote from the PH it looks like the old rules for non-lethal attacks are gone and now it is just a matter of saying you want to knock somebody out rather than kill them. That's what Felix would do vs. these unarmed opponents.

K n o c k i n g a C r e a t u r e O u t
Sometimes an attacker wants to incapacitate a foe, rather than deal a killing blow. When an attacker reduces a creature to 0 hit points with a melee attack,
the attacker can knock the creature out. The attacker can make this choice the instant the damage is dealt. The creature falls unconscious and is stable.[/sblock]

Felix lays about with the flats of his blades trying to bring the unarmed ruffians down without killing them. He strikes first at the man who punched him and then with his short sword aims a blow at the other man.

OOC: attacks (1d20+5=13, 1d20+5=21) Damage (1d8+1=4, 1d6=5) I tried to use the EN World dice roller first, but I seem to have erred as I got no rolls. Will research before my next post.

Last edited:

Remove ads