The Folly of Man: 3.5 D&D Low Level Adventure (FULL)

Orvallon

First Post
Rayex said:
Thanks, I re-read the composite rules rather quickly.
As for the quiver, it is listed as Quiver of Ehlonna in my 3.5 DMG. (I only got the 3.5 books.)
And regarding the language, what languages are suitable, seeing as other races are just "myths".
I added 2 more potions to my inventory, so I got 137 gold.

They took all the "Greyhawk names" out of the SRD, which is why the names ae a bit different for some of the items.

taitzu52

First Post
Thoris Pharnax

Male human fighter3

AL: NG
Hair: Dark Brownde
Eyes: Light Green

STR: 18 (+4) [16pts]
DEX: 12 (+1) [4pts]
CON: 14 (+2) (6pts]
INT: 10 (+0) [2pts]
WIS: 11 (+0) [3pts]
CHA: 9 (-1) [1pts]

HP: 36 (3d10 + 6con)

AC: 19 (10 + 1dex + 8armor) / 11 / 18

Saves:
FORT: +5 (3base + 2con)
REF: +2 (1base + 1dex)
WILL: +1 (1base)

Init: +1 (+1dex)

Base attack bonus: +3

Attacks:
Greatsword: +9 (+3base + 4str, +1focus, +1mw), 2d6+6 damage, Threat 19-20/x2
Composite Longbow (+4str): +4 (+3bab + 1dex), 1d8+4 damage, Thread 20/x3, Range 165 ft

Skills:
Skill points: 18
Max rank: 6
Climb: 10 (6ranks + 4str)
Intimidate: 1 (2ranks - 1cha)
Jump: 10 (6ranks + 4str)
Ride: 3 (2ranks + 1dex)
Swim: 6 (2ranks + 4str)

Feats:
(Bonus human feat) - Power Attack
(lvl 1) - Cleave
(lvl 3) - Weapon Focus: Greatsword
(fighter lvl 1) - Great Cleave
(fighter lvl 2) - Improved Bull Rush

Class:
Bonus feat on lvl 1, 2, 4, 6, 8 etc.

Proficiencies:
Single and Martial weapons
All armors
Shields

Languages:
Common

Equipment:
Masterwork Full Plate [1650]gp]
Masterwork Greatsword [350p]gp]
Hvy.Mace [12gp]
Dagger [2gp]
Travelers Outfit
Backpack [2p]
Bedroll [1sp]
Flint and Steel [1gp]
50 ft. hempen rope [1gp]
6 days trail ration [3gp]
Composite Longbow (+4str) [500gp]
Shortsword [10gp]
20 arrows [1gp]
Oil of Magic Weapon [50gp]
Potion of cure light wounds [50gp]
Potion of Jump [50gp]

17gp

Background:

Thoris was born in the mountainous regions of the land, a remote part of the world where survival was no easy task. His clan, like others, had a patriarchal structure, based on hoarding food and arms, and going into battle when these ran low, or when the clan bloodlines became too close. Thoris' uncle was the head of the clan, and his cousins and brothers were in a constant struggle for recognition. His younger days were spent helping in the fields or the hearth, but it soon became apparent that Thoris' size would make him a boon for the clan's defenses when he came of age. He was taken by his uncle's man-at-arms, and trained in the use f the massive swords that the clan forged at the feet of the mountains.
Being trained with the boys of his clan, Thoris was constantly in the shadow of his eldest cousin, Horrel. Being the heir apparent to the clan's council chair, Horrel was always treated with difference. As Thoris grew, it became clear that Horrel grew jealous of his skill and puissance. Though Thoris respected and honored Horrel as his elder, he found it hard to ignore his jibes and taunts. In his 17th year, Thoris' clan had returned victorious from battle. With them, they brought much cattle and gold, but also the maidens who's men were slain. One golden haired girl stood out, and she too took notice of Thoris.
Horrel, being the senior, had the right to take a wife, being now of age, and chose this girl, even though she clearly had feelings for Thoris. A fight did ensue, and Thoris beat Horrel within an inch of his life. Thoris' father pulled the blade from his hand and said, "I will not pay the wergild for your pathetic outburst. He will be the chieftain one day, this will not stop that."
Knowing that Horrel's brothers may soon take revenge, Thoris' father made arrangements for Thoris to leave and find rank with a distant relative who served in the guard of a larger town. There he proved his clan's style effective, and soon became recognized among his peers. Soon, even the town guard became too small for him, so Thoris has set out to find more suitable work. Perhaps, he shall find it.

Appearance:

With sandy brown hair nad piercing ice blue eyes, Thoris is a towering young man from the highlands. He is over 6 feet tall with his hair down to his shoulders. He keeps a beard, though he is still fairly young for it to grow in properly. Whoever fit his full plate must have been a talented smith to accomodate his size.

Personality:

Thoris is a man of few words. Though his is freindly, his eyes often drift, gazing ever at the horizon, seemingly caught up thought. He is a fair and just man, and will not hesitate to stand up for what or who he thinks is right.

Last edited:

taitzu52

First Post
Rayex--I totally snagged your character sheet formatting. I SHOULD NOT have really dupped any stats out of yours, but double check anyways.
Also Rayex, I may be mistaken, but one of us seems off on skill points. Is it me or you? I dunno. DM, check it, pls.

Also, DM, if heavy armor is going to be a trivial point of contention in a wilderness game, etc., lemme know, I may consider changing it.

Background will be edited into it ASAP. Thanks for your patience!

TZ

Last edited:

Rayex

First Post
taitzu52 said:
Also Rayex, I may be mistaken, but one of us seems off on skill points. Is it me or you? I dunno. DM, check it, pls.

Mine are off, I added one level more worth of skill points. Thanks for pointing that out.

G

Guest 11456

Gladsy Tarkyne
Female Human Druid 3
Alignment: Neutral Good
Height: 4' 8"
Weight: 90#
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Green

Str: 10 (+0) [2 points]
Dex: 11 (+0) [3 points]
Con: 10 (+0) [2 points]
Int: 14 (+2) [6 points]
Wis: 17 (+3) [13 points]
Cha: 14 (+2) [6 points]

Class and Racial Abilities:
Bonus feat at 1st level, 4 extra skill points at 1st level, 1 extra skill point per level beyond 1st. Animal Companion, nature sense, wild empathy (+5), woodland stride, trackless step.

Hit Dice: 3d8
HP: 24
AC: 12
Init: +0
Speed: 30 ft.
Armor check penalty: +0

Saves
Fort +5 [+3 base, +0 Con, +2 Feat]
Ref +1 [+1 base, +0 Dex]
Will +8 [+3 base, +3 Wis, +2 Feat]

Combat
BAB: +2
MAB: +2
RAB: +2

Skills
Diplomacy +8 [6 ranks, +2 Cha]
Handle Animal +8 [6 ranks, +2 Cha]
Heal +11 [6 ranks, +3 Wis, +2 Feat]
Knowledge (nature) +10 [6 ranks, +2 Int, +2 nature sense]
Listen +6 [3 ranks, +3 Wis]
Spellcraft +8 [6 ranks, +2 Int]
Spot +6 [3 ranks, +3 Wis]
Survival +13 [6 ranks, +3 Wis, +2 Feat, +2 nature sense]

Feats
Great Fortitude (human bonus)
Iron Will (1st level)
Self-Sufficient (3rd level)

Languages: Common, Druidic, Elven

Spells/day: 4/3/2
Spells in memory:
0: Create Water, Cure Minor Wounds, Light, Purify Food and Drink
1: Cure Light Wounds, Entangle, Magic Fang
2: Flaming Sphere, Summon Swarm

Equipment
Wearing
Traveler's outfit
Leather Armor – 10gp (15#)
Backpack - 2gp (2#)
Weight – 17#

In backpack
Slicer, +1 Scimitar – 2315gp (4#)
6 Day's Rations - 2gp (6#)
Waterskin - 1gp (4#)
Potion of Cure Light Wounds – 50gp (0#)
Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds – 300gp (0#)
Weight – 14#

Total weight carried – 31#, Light load

Money: 20gp

Carrying Capacity - 0-33# Light load, 34-66# Medium load, 67-100# Heavy load

Appearance: Gladsy Tarkyne is a short thin young woman. She always seems pleasant no matter the circumstance. She has brown hair and green eyes. She generally wears brown traveling clothes under her leather armor with a backpack on his back. She can most often be seen with her faithful animal companion, Ruff the wolf.

Personality: Gladsy seems to be in a steadily happy mood. Her sweet disposition seems to rub off on all that she meets.

Companion:
Ruff
Male Wolf

Str: 14 (+2)
Dex: 16 (+3)
Con: 15 (+2)
Int: 2 (-4)
Wis: 12 (+1)
Cha: 6 (-2)

Hit Dice: 4d8+8
HP: 40
AC: 17 (+3 Dex, +4 natural)
Init: +3
Speed: 50 ft.

Saves
Fort +6
Ref +7
Will +2

Combat
BA/G: +1/+2
Bite: +4 melee (1d6+2)

SA: Trip
SQ: Low-light vision, scent

Skills
Hide +3
Listen +3
Move Silently +4
Spot +3
Survival +3 (+7)*
* +4 to Survival check if tracking by scent

Feats
Track
Weapon Focus (bite)

Special
Link, share spell, evasion

Tricks
Attack
Come
Defend
Down
Guard
Heel
Stay
Track

Last edited by a moderator:

Mithreander

Explorer
Skill points... (2+1human bonus)*(4+2)=18 and (2+1Racial Bonus+1Int Bonus)*(4+2)=24. Yes, sorry I missed that, Rayex; thank you taitzu52.

As for other languages, you can pick the regular languages, but most of them have been adopted by other cultures of humans, such as the decedents of a half-elf society for elvish, or perhaps some miner outpost would speak primarily dwarvish do to the influence the race may have had there at one point, but regardless, the tongue is now viewed as just another human dialect, though common is still the most wide spread.

Heavy armor is just fine. The human society is advanced enough for full plate to be available to those that can afford it.

taitzu52, looking over your character, the only question that I have is the source of your Power: Critical feat. It's not in the SRD. Is it in the core books, but not in the SRD?

ControlFreak, there are a few things wrong with your characters skill point distribution. For your first level as a rogue, you would have received 48 skill points. Your starting skills would only have started with a max of 4 points. Looking at your skills, you could have only spent 46 points first level (4 pts * 9 skills (those with 4+ skill points in them) + 10 to the other skills). If that was the case, then some of the skills with 5 or 6 skill points must be considered cross-class skills for the skill points you gained from your fighter level. That's actually beside the point. If you have any questions on how I came up with this, please feel free to ask.

Now, I have a question regarding the adventure that I need your input on. Would you prefer to have 4 players or 6?

Tailspinner, I just saw your character and will go over it momentarily. Thanks!

Mithreander

Explorer
Tailspinner, all I'll need is your spell list and the correction below, and your good to go:

Saves
Fort +5 [+3 base, +0 Con, +2 Feat]
Ref +2 [+1 base, +1 Dex]
Will +8 [+3 base, +3 Wis, +2 Feat]

Looks good, thanks!

ControlFreak

First Post
Mithreander said:
ControlFreak, there are a few things wrong with your characters skill point distribution. For your first level as a rogue, you would have received 48 skill points. Your starting skills would only have started with a max of 4 points. Looking at your skills, you could have only spent 46 points first level (4 pts * 9 skills (those with 4+ skill points in them) + 10 to the other skills). If that was the case, then some of the skills with 5 or 6 skill points must be considered cross-class skills for the skill points you gained from your fighter level. That's actually beside the point. If you have any questions on how I came up with this, please feel free to ask.
You are absolutely correct .. my program didn't let me know that .. grrr. I'll have it fixed in a sec.

Mithreander said:
Now, I have a question regarding the adventure that I need your input on. Would you prefer to have 4 players or 6?
Either way is fine with me.

Remove ads