The Forge of Fury

IronWolf

blank
[sblock=OOC Reply]

No worries. I mixed up moving while drawing a weapon with moving while reloading. I'll skip the reload and go with the double move.

I have Speed at 30' on one line in case I am out of armor. Under that I have speed in armor listed as 20'.

[/sblock]

JDragon

Explorer
Lusk swears loudly "FRAK!" as hes caught off guard by the arrows from the wall.

"Damn, should have known those would be there."

Keeping his shield up he moves next to the wall and heads for the alcove.

[sblock=OOC]Double Move - M/I If I'm still reading the map correctly.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] It's M,H actually sorry by skipping certain squares I was trying to give it a more organic feel. Just start at the down row and a,b,c your way over LOL. Also that square is at the corner do you look around it? [/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Gerlari curses vehemently - under his breath - as the arrow clatters against the wall over his shoulder. Following Lusk's lead he moves quickly to a wall and into the alcove. His eyesight adapts quickly and pierces both sun and shadow as he looks quickly around.

[sblock=Actions]Move to 'O,K' and look for threats. Perception +4.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
End of Round 2

From the module:
Code:
[COLOR=darkorange][I]Broad shallow steps lead up a steep fissure to the south and turn east into the [/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkorange][I]mountainside. Here, a broad entrance has been craved out of the stone. [/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkorange][I]Marble steps cracked with age and veined with green moss lead to a strong [/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkorange][I]double-door of carved stone, 8 feet wide and almost 10 feet tall. Two arrow [/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkorange][I]slits high on the north and south walls command this area.[/I][/COLOR]

Gerlari and Lusk move ahead leaving th eothers behind, as the search for cover. Sabern watches as anarrow shatters on the hard dirt at his feet and knows instantly why they are moving even though the two orc guards lie dead in the passage.

As Gerlari turns the corner another arrow comes right for him but the half-orc notices it and dodges neatly to the side. The area is all greys and blacks to his darkvision but he knows he needs to get through the doors or go back.

Code:
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][U][COLOR=yellow]l lalblcld[/COLOR][COLOR=yellow]lelflglh[/COLOR][COLOR=sienna]liljlklllmlnlolplqlrlsltlulvlwl[/COLOR][/U][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][U][COLOR=yellow]lal l l l[/COLOR] ll l l[COLOR=sienna] l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l[/COLOR][/U][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][COLOR=sienna][U][COLOR=yellow]lbl l l[/COLOR][COLOR=white]ll l l l[/COLOR] l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l[/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][COLOR=sienna][U][COLOR=yellow]lcl l l[/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l l l l l[/COLOR] l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l[/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][COLOR=sienna][U][COLOR=yellow]ldl l l[/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l l l l l[/COLOR] l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l[/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][COLOR=sienna][U][COLOR=yellow]lel l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l l l l l[/COLOR] l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l[/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][COLOR=sienna][U][COLOR=yellow]lfl l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l l[COLOR=royalblue]S[/COLOR]l l l[/COLOR][COLOR=red] l[/COLOR] l l l l l l l l l l l l l l[/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][COLOR=sienna][U][COLOR=yellow]lgl l[/COLOR][COLOR=white]l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l l l l l[/COLOR][COLOR=white] l[/COLOR] l l l l l l l l l l l l l l[/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][COLOR=sienna][U][COLOR=yellow]lhl l l[/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l l[/COLOR] l [COLOR=white]l l l[/COLOR][COLOR=red] l[/COLOR] l l l l l l l l l l l l l[/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][COLOR=sienna][U][COLOR=yellow]lil l l[/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l l[/COLOR] l [COLOR=white]l l l[/COLOR] l l l l l l l l l l l l l l[/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][COLOR=sienna][U][COLOR=yellow]ljl l l[/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l l[/COLOR] l [COLOR=white]l l l[/COLOR][COLOR=red] l[/COLOR] l l l l l l l l l l l l l[/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][COLOR=sienna][U][COLOR=yellow]lkl l l[/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l l[/COLOR] l [COLOR=white]l l l[/COLOR] l l l l l l l l l l l l l l[/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[U][COLOR=#ffff00]lll l l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l[COLOR=royalblue]E[/COLOR]l l[/COLOR][/U][U][COLOR=#a0522d]l [COLOR=white]l l l[/COLOR] l l l l l l l l l l l l l l[/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#ffff00]lml l l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l l[/COLOR][COLOR=#a0522d] l[COLOR=white]l l[COLOR=royalblue]L[/COLOR]l[/COLOR] l l l[COLOR=red] l[/COLOR] l l l l l l l l l l[/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#ffff00]lnl l l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l[COLOR=royalblue]A[/COLOR]l[/COLOR][COLOR=#a0522d] [COLOR=white][COLOR=sienna]l[/COLOR]l l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l l l l l l[/COLOR]l l l l l l l l[/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#ffff00]lol l l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l[/COLOR][COLOR=#a0522d] l [COLOR=white]l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l l[COLOR=royalblue]G[/COLOR]l l l l l[/COLOR] l l l l l l l l[/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#a0522d][COLOR=#ffff00]lpl l l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l l[/COLOR] l [COLOR=white]l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l l l l l l l[/COLOR][COLOR=white] l [/COLOR][COLOR=darkorchid]l[/COLOR] l l l l l l[/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#ffff00]lql l l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l[/COLOR][COLOR=#a0522d] l [COLOR=white]l l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l l l l l l[/COLOR][COLOR=white] l [/COLOR][COLOR=darkorchid]l[/COLOR] l l l l l l[/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#ffff00]lrl l l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l[COLOR=#4169e1][COLOR=white] l [/COLOR][/COLOR]l[/COLOR][COLOR=#a0522d] l [COLOR=white]l l l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l l l l l[/COLOR] l l l l l l l l[/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#ffff00]lsl l l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l[/COLOR][COLOR=#a0522d] l [COLOR=white]l l l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l l l l l[/COLOR] l l l l l l l l[/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#ffff00]ltl l l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l[/COLOR][COLOR=#a0522d] l [COLOR=white]l [/COLOR][COLOR=sienna][COLOR=white]l[/COLOR] l l [COLOR=sienna]l l[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=red] l[/COLOR] l l l l l l l l l l[/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#ffff00]lul l l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l[/COLOR][COLOR=#a0522d] l [COLOR=sienna]l l[/COLOR][COLOR=sienna] l l l l l[/COLOR] l l l l l l l l l l[/COLOR][/U]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

KEY:
l l = mountain
l = location of arrow slit
l = door
l l = path
l l = drop off

O = Orc
L = Lusk
G = Gerlari
S = Sabern
A = Auris
E = Ears

[sblock=Combat]

Code:
[U]Character         HP    AC    In hand/Condition[/U]
Sabern            40    20    lt.cbow/none
Auris             40    16    none/rdy action cast electric orb
Orc1               6    13    bow/none
Orc2               6    13    bow/none 
Lusk              60    21    axe/none
Ears              36    18    s.bow/rdy action shot any orcs he sees
Gerlari           58    18    gr.axe/none
Orc3               6    13    bow/none
Orc4               6    13    bow/none
[/sblock]

[sblock=NOTES]
Gerlari's perception = 19
Orc archer's suck = misses

TOP OF THE 3RD - Sabern is up [/sblock]

Last edited:

IronWolf

blank
Sabern sees Lusk and Gerlari up ahead as an arrow whistles by him from one of the slits carved into the mountain wall. Remaining cool and calm, crossbow in hand, he moves ahead and crosses the gap to mountain wall pressing his back to the wall to help cut down the angle the archers have on him.

[sblock=OOC]

Another double move, crossbow still unloaded, to L/I (I think - the spot northeast of Lusk's current position). Hoping that cuts down on the angle the archers have on him.

[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Auris

Auris moves forward, cautiously and suggests: "Maybe we shall wait until they coume out?"

[sblock=OOC]

move alongside the wall up to i.

Preparing to cast acid orb (electric), if he spots an enemy.

---

Auris D'Leroy
AC 18 (T17, FF13), HP 40/40, F +5,R+7,W+6

Spells: 7/7 , 4/4
Electric Ray: 6/6 (+6, 1d6+2)

Sorcerer Spells Known:
DC = 10 + spell level + 3
Cantrips- 6, 1st- 3, 2nd- 1, + 1 bloodline spell
0: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Dancing Lights, Disrupt Undead, Mage Hand
1: Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Sleep - Burning Hands (electric)
2: Glitterdust

Effects: -

XP: 6,000

[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Auris and Ears move up towards the corner, and the half elf stops but doesn't look around instead he stands there listening hard.

Two more arrows come out from the slits and miss the adventures it could be the angle or just orcy poor shooting.

Code:
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][U][COLOR=yellow]l lalblcld[/COLOR][COLOR=yellow]lelflglh[/COLOR][COLOR=sienna]liljlklllmlnlolplqlrlsltlulvlwl[/COLOR][/U][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][U][COLOR=yellow]lal l l l[/COLOR] l l l l[COLOR=sienna] l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l[/COLOR][/U][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][COLOR=sienna][U][COLOR=yellow]lbl l l[/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l l l l[/COLOR] l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l[/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][COLOR=sienna][U][COLOR=yellow]lcl l l[/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l l l l l[/COLOR] l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l[/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][COLOR=sienna][U][COLOR=yellow]ldl l l[/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l l l l l[/COLOR] l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l[/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][COLOR=sienna][U][COLOR=yellow]lel l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l l l l l[/COLOR] l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l[/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][COLOR=sienna][U][COLOR=yellow]lfl l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l l l l l[/COLOR][COLOR=red] l[/COLOR] l l l l l l l l l l l l l l[/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][COLOR=sienna][U][COLOR=yellow]lgl l[/COLOR][COLOR=white]l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l l l l l[/COLOR][COLOR=white] l[/COLOR] l l l l l l l l l l l l l l[/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][COLOR=sienna][U][COLOR=yellow]lhl l l[/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l[COLOR=royalblue]E[/COLOR]l[/COLOR] l [COLOR=white]l l l[/COLOR][COLOR=red] l[/COLOR] l l l l l l l l l l l l l[/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][COLOR=sienna][U][COLOR=yellow]lil l l[/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l l[/COLOR] l [COLOR=white]l l l[/COLOR] l l l l l l l l l l l l l l[/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][COLOR=sienna][U][COLOR=yellow]ljl l l[/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l[COLOR=royalblue]A[/COLOR]l[/COLOR] l [COLOR=white]l l l[/COLOR][COLOR=red] l[/COLOR] l l l l l l l l l l l l l[/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][COLOR=sienna][U][COLOR=yellow]lkl l l[/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l l[/COLOR] l [COLOR=white]l l l[/COLOR] l l l l l l l l l l l l l l[/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[U][COLOR=#ffff00]lll l l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l l[/COLOR][/U][U][COLOR=#a0522d]l [COLOR=white]l[COLOR=royalblue]S[/COLOR]l l[/COLOR] l l l l l l l l l l l l l l[/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#ffff00]lml l l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l l[/COLOR][COLOR=#a0522d] l[COLOR=white]l l[COLOR=royalblue]L[/COLOR]l[/COLOR] l l l[COLOR=red] l[/COLOR] l l l l l l l l l l[/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#ffff00]lnl l l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l l[/COLOR][COLOR=#a0522d] [COLOR=white][COLOR=sienna]l[/COLOR]l l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l l l l l l[/COLOR]l l l l l l l l[/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#ffff00]lol l l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l[/COLOR][COLOR=#a0522d] l [COLOR=white]l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l l[COLOR=royalblue]G[/COLOR]l l l l l[/COLOR] l l l l l l l l[/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#a0522d][COLOR=#ffff00]lpl l l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l l[/COLOR] l [COLOR=white]l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l l l l l l l[/COLOR][COLOR=white] l [/COLOR][COLOR=darkorchid]l[/COLOR] l l l l l l[/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#ffff00]lql l l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l[/COLOR][COLOR=#a0522d] l [COLOR=white]l l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l l l l l l[/COLOR][COLOR=white] l [/COLOR][COLOR=darkorchid]l[/COLOR] l l l l l l[/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#ffff00]lrl l l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l[COLOR=#4169e1][COLOR=white] l [/COLOR][/COLOR]l[/COLOR][COLOR=#a0522d] l [COLOR=white]l l l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l l l l l[/COLOR] l l l l l l l l[/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#ffff00]lsl l l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l[/COLOR][COLOR=#a0522d] l [COLOR=white]l l l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l l l l l[/COLOR] l l l l l l l l[/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#ffff00]ltl l l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l[/COLOR][COLOR=#a0522d] l [COLOR=white]l [/COLOR][COLOR=sienna][COLOR=white]l[/COLOR] l l [COLOR=sienna]l l[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=red] l[/COLOR] l l l l l l l l l l[/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#ffff00]lul l l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l [/COLOR][COLOR=white]l l[/COLOR][COLOR=#a0522d] l [COLOR=sienna]l l[/COLOR][COLOR=sienna] l l l l l[/COLOR] l l l l l l l l l l[/COLOR][/U]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

KEY:
l l = mountain
l = location of arrow slit
l = door
l l = path
l l = drop off

O = Orc
L = Lusk
G = Gerlari
S = Sabern
A = Auris
E = Ears

[sblock=Combat]

Code:
[U]Character         HP    AC    In hand/Condition[/U]
Sabern            40    20    lt.cbow/none
Auris             40    16    none/rdy action cast electric orb
Orc1               6    13    bow/none
Orc2               6    13    bow/none 
Lusk              60    21    axe/none
Ears              36    18    s.bow/rdy action shot any orcs he sees
Gerlari           58    18    gr.axe/none
Orc3               6    13    bow/none
Orc4               6    13    bow/none
[/sblock]

[sblock=NOTES]
Lusk is up
Then Gerlari

yes they missed [/sblock]

Last edited:

JDragon

Explorer
Lusk laughs at the orc's poor shooting and takes off across the alcove heading for the closest door. Keeping his shield up to deflect any shots that may get to close.

[sblock=OOC]Double Move - P/N or O[/sblock]

Remove ads