The Genesis Man

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Well then... huh... all right... it's been a strange day. Ah... anyway. Thank you sir," Roth says politely. "Would you mind terribly putting it into a parcel so I don't damage it on the way home?" he asks. Assuming the shopkeeper will wrap it up for him, Roth will thank him again, place it in the sack he brought with him, wrap it up in it, and carry it in it hands, one hand tangled in the sack's drawstring. He'll head out to find another skycab to head home, suddenly more alert for thieves. A book worth two hundred gold might be worth threatening or even killing him for... though hopefully not in this distrct. Hopefully...

Kaodi

Hero
Zor, Nymm 5, 998 YK

When you step out of the Humble Scholar, you immediately notice a wiry goblin and a muscular half-orc engaged in a heated argument. The half-orc, who is wearing a large shield, points the club he is carrying in your direction and barks a command at his much smaller companion. The goblin, clearly angry, draws his shortsword, pointing it back at the half-orc, then stalks towards you.

" Hey, you! " he exclaims, " You got book, right? You Roth? Uh... I think we supposed to kill you now. "

Both he and the half-orc advance, menacingly, weapons at the ready. You hear the door behind you slam shut, and the bolt locked into place.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Oh... that's not good. Come on Roth, you can think your way out of this, these guys have nothing on you. You might not be able to fight them, but they don't have a brain between them. Surely. Right. Here I go.

Roth contrives to look startled, shocked, and otherwise surprised in the extreme by this turn of events. "What in the name of the Five Kingdoms...? Get away from me! Watch! Someone call the city Watch! I'm being robbed!" he bellows in the loudest voice he can, attempting to gain help, or a least a witness. His eyes shift from side to side, looking for a clear route out, and his feet follow at a run once he can find it.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
OOC: Roth is rockin' with a 9 init. I also don't mind if you want to speed things up by taking some rolls yourself. No need to waste our smokin' average pace of one post per every 1.65 days on simple rolls when we could be role-playing. ;) I'll try to telegraph Roth's intentions as clearly as I may in future posts.

Kaodi

Hero
Zor, Nymm 5, 998 YK

Taking advantage of your moment of confusion, the half-orc moves to cut off your retreat, and he grins evilly. Now, it is going to be very hard to run without giving one of them a good chance to take you down. It is your moment to act.

OOC: 1. Is that pace really all that smokin', or were you using a little light sarcasm? 2. I'm at a loss as to what to do for combat illustrations... Err... Grey is you, red is goblin, green is half-orc. White lines are bridge on next level up.

Attachments

• bookstore2.JPG
    bookstore2.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Roth swallows a lump in his throat, his mouth dry as sand and his hands starting to sweat in more than just the summer heat. I'm going to die... he thinks faintly. Wait... come on, there has to be something I can do...

"Wait! Wait, you don't want to do this. Surely you two don't need the trouble that would come from killing a Cannith scion? There's no amount of money in the world that would compensate for the hardships that would cause you. I won't say a thing, I assure you, but trying to keep my spirit quiet after I'm dead would be impossible, and I will be found! Just leave now and we can pretend this never happened..." Roth says, trying to be persuasive and sound as confident as he can.

OOC: Naw, I was just joking about the pace. I don't mind really, I know I'm occasionally slow. Like this week, for example.

Anyways, I got a 9 on a Diplomacy roll to sound nice about it, but I got a 19 on a Bluff check to sound kinda convincing about it!

Kaodi

Hero
Zor, Nymm 5, 998 YK

The goblin shrugs his shoulders slightly as he stabs at you with his shortsword, slicing shallowly into your side. " You's not do nothin' to us half as bad as whats he would, " he says.

Suddenly, on the bridge above the half-orc, a shadow looms.

Both of your attackers take notice as the shadow leaps over the railing, landing just out of reach of the half-orc. It is a warforged, and it quickly circles the half-orc, moving closer to you, before lashing out with its rapier. Unfortunately, the blade goes wide as the thug dodges to the side. Sensing an opening, he swings his club with everything he has and you hear the cracking as the blow takes the warforged in the side, under its sword arm. The warforged reels back a step, then tries to recover, bringing its shield to bear.

As it moves, you catch a glimpse of the warforged's ghulra, and then it hits you. You know this creature!

Late last year, a warforged warrior, this warforged, came to Davo to have his armoured hide enchanted. Apparently they had met on one occassion during the War, and the warforged hadn't forgotten. You helped your brother with some of the work, but you didn't really get to know the warforged that well. What you do remember, however, is his name. Tin.

( You take 2 damage. )

Attachments

• bookstore3.JPG
    bookstore3.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Roth bit back a scream at the cut, his face going red with the effort. It really wasn't much worse than cutting himself on scrap metal or dropping buckets of bolts on his foot, or anything else he had accidentally done around the forges, but this was the first time anyone had deliberately tried to hurt him!

When Tin hurled himself into the fray, Roth was nearly incoherant with gratitude. But when the half-orc smashed his club into the warforged, the man grimiced. Come on you can do this! This is what artificers were made to do! he yells at himself. "Tin! I'm coming!" Taking a breath he dashes to the warforge's side, chanting a bit as he does so, touching him with a light hand to empower an aura of protection around him...

OOC: Move to Tin's side and cast shield of faith.

Kaodi

Hero
Zor, Nymm 5, 998 YK

A brief look of concern crosses the face of the goblin as you infuse Tin, but then he decides to stick his blade into the side of your leg, and you feel another spasm of pain. Tin, seeing this, attacks the half-orc again with abandon, scoring a deep jab into the cretin's right shoulder, causing him to yowl in pain. He attacks again, but by this time he swings wide, no doubt hampered by the wound. The goblin's attention seems to be diverting from you to the warforged now, who is clearly the greater threat.

( You take 4 damage. )

Attachments

• bookstore4.JPG
    bookstore4.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 199

Remove ads