• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Great Iridium Con

hero4hire

Explorer
Chip routes out some food under the watchful eye of Titan while Gun Monkey finds some interesting inventions. Sierra remains antsy and bored but seemingly unperturbed that her scrying attempts have been blocked somehow..
The team finds thier searches relatively uneventful until a scream of pain issues from where Gun Monkey is investigating some peculiar devices.

The team finds the Simian Gunlinger unconsious on the floor, a strange looking device at his side.

OOC: I am restarting the game. Bront is taking a hiatus from the boards though (bad timing!). Gun Monkey is awarded 3cp for participating in the Game up until now. I would rather not NPC him so we are ham-handedly writing him out of the adventure. No permanent repercussions on his character for the mishap though.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*It seems to have zapped Gun Monkey, so it needs to be approached with caution. Sierra conjures a quasireal phantasm and sees if the device zaps it first, then she convinces someone else to touch it, and if both of those tests succeed without an attack, she'll touch it as well and try to read its history from the whispers of the dreams and desires of those who have touched it before.*

hero4hire

Explorer
OOC: You are using Capricious Phantasms correct? Are you attempting the Blast power on the device? or trying to make it look like the phantom picked it up?

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=h4h] Since she doesn't have the Full Power flaw, can't they just poke it? If not, she'll just make it look like they picked it up to convince someone else to be the real guinea pig :][/SBLOCK]

hero4hire

Explorer
[Sblock=Rystil] you can “pull” your attack (see Pulling Your Punch, M&M, page 163) to inflict lesser damage, anything else probably would fall under the Precise feat.[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=h4h]Interesting--I thought I could do that already, but in that case I probably should have picked up Precise rather than the last rank in Progression. Too late now, though, I guess. In that case--(and this is totally illusory, of course, but no one will interact with it before it vanishes, so it doesn't matter)[/SBLOCK]

*Sierra conjures a small hand which gingerly picks up the device.*

"It seems to be safe to touch, at least--would someone inspect it? I'll try my own analysis next--right now I'm working on thinking about why my attempts have been blocked. There may be psychic shielding."

hero4hire

Explorer
[Sblock=Rystil]You can definitely give it a "poke" but there is still a chance it could break. Probably a DC 10 Damage (-5 being a 0 strength), any more subtle applications should have precise on the Damage effect. [/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads