• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Great Iridium Con

hafrogman

Adventurer
Handsome shakes his head at Titan's question.

"Definately get help. I'm no doctor."

He considers the device reluctanltly with Sierra's request. He could afford to lose a hand if it were to be destroyed by some unseen force, but Gun Monkey was obviously hurt by something that affected his whole body.

Despite no skill in medicine, Handsome does as much as he can while he waits for help to arrive, checking for a pulse, breathing, etc. Raising the monkey's feet above his head, or whatever it is you do for shock. Still, that's all for humans, who knows what a monkey's physiology is like.

hero4hire

Explorer
Dupont eventually makes his way up.

He checks over the fallen hero's vitals, after a cursory examination he announces.

"He is alive but unconsious. His vital signs are a bit...odd however. I will know more after I run some tests."

Soon the EMTs arrive and they take Dupont and the stricken Monkey away.

The heroes gather outside of the building considering what thier next move is, thoughtfully the good doctor has left them his keys.

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: Woah, I'm taking a hiatus, but I wanted to bow out gracefully in the living ones. So no need to write me out, particularly if it's inconvenient.

hero4hire

Explorer
Bront said:
OOC: Woah, I'm taking a hiatus, but I wanted to bow out gracefully in the living ones. So no need to write me out, particularly if it's inconvenient.

OOC: The next part should be fairly eventful and when I reach a certain point posting should be frequent.

From your post it just seemed like you weren't able to do that for awhile.

If you are still with us GREAT! But if you wont be able to post often once that point is reached it would really stink. :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Can you please check this for us, Doctor?" Sierra asks the doctor before he leaves and before the whole gather-outside thing.

*If he refuses, she has ways of convincing him.*

hero4hire

Explorer
When informed of the device Dupont picks it up.

"Hmm some kind of Psychic Resonator. Harmless enough, it tunes a holders brainwaves to a certain frequency so you can see images 'In your head'. Though it seems to have suffered some sort of feedback." he pockets the device to take with him to the hospital. "I don't know why your friend suffered a feedback, but one would certainly explain what happened to him. The resonator is perfectly keyed in to human brainwaves."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Hmm...doesn't work on nonhumans...Interesting..."

'I wonder what would have happened if...But no matter.'

"But as I said before, perfectly safe to check. Does it have any images stored in it that are important to our search? If not, perhaps it might be time to take in the Con?"

Remove ads