• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Grey Mist

GlassEye

Adventurer
Ubariya's teeth grind together in frustration. This is not how I planned this! She does not wish to give birth in the city and so she closes her eyes and summons a massive skitterer to carry her from the Forger's city. The creature lowers itself and Ubariya scrambles up to seat herself upon its hairy back. "Away from here, my sweet."

Shayuri

First Post
Silhouette frowns. "A dream...I could try to make one," she concludes. "I've never actually had one before. How do they start?"

Then her eyes widen as she takes note of Ubariya's predicament, and she jumps to her feet. Her wings vibrate as she prepares to jump off and fly after the other goddess.

"Look!" she urges Duretep, "She's gonna blow up!"

Voda Vosa

First Post
The scattered mass of creatures assembled in the tree like form of the hive minded Plant Lord, and he stride after the pregnant goddess. A mouth a an additional pair of hollow sockets formed on his back, facing the Silhouette. "No,she is going to spawn new life." this mouth stated, and closed again.

Myth and Legend

First Post
The Sun Goddess flew down and a brief glow flashed from her eyes as she conjured one of her magnificent gold-plumed birds. The creature was massive in size, almost looking appropriate next to the lumbering giant form of the Plant Lord. "Open the doors for me dear." commanded Heliasillyel, and the bird obeyed, pushing the heavy wooden doors of a nearby building open wiht it's talons. The doors were big enough for Ubaryia to fit without effort, and the Smiling Maiden entered first, radiating light inside to illuminate the room.

The bird took flight and perched itself atop the building, watching the deities below, while it's mistress explored the large hall. It was a tall, dome-like area, with two statues standing vigil next to a double spiral staircase. The floor was marble, white and grey, and the walls were covered with polished wood.

"This will have to do." the Goddess called from inside the room, flinging some flame from her fingers and igniting the braziers. "Someone create water for me please, this is not one of my domains."

Voda Vosa

First Post
At the sun goddess request, the shambling god gestured with it's left branch, and a sphere of water surged from himself and floated above him. It would be enough to engulf Heliasillyel's small frame complete.

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Silhouette frowns. "A dream...I could try to make one," she concludes. "I've never actually had one before. How do they start?"

Then her eyes widen as she takes note of Ubariya's predicament, and she jumps to her feet. Her wings vibrate as she prepares to jump off and fly after the other goddess.

"Look!" she urges Duretep, "She's gonna blow up!"

"Good, good, good, I can help you if you want." Duretep says as he claps his hands together as an excited child would. His good humour is quickly sucked out when he looks over at Ubariya.

"No, young one, this is not an explosion but rather a flipping of a card or rolling of a dice. None can quite concieve what shall come from her womb but this is a beginning of a large chain of events. These events shall eventually lead us to our destruction, this is a glorious time." Duretep says without any humour or excitment but rather a cold intellect, "I must be going... but I want to see what is going to happen...ya, me too... no, we must return to the metropolis." Duretep says changing voice multiple time while speaking "We have spent to much time on the waking already. Would you come with us young one?" Duretep askes as he puts out his hand to the young goddess.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Though it was Ubariya's desire to leave the city to give birth she allows herself to be directed into the building by Heliasillyel. She dismounts from the skitterer and briefly directs it to place a thick sheet of webbing in the center of the room stretched from ceiling to floor but at a comfortable angle. Climbing onto the web she reclines somewhat and grasps the strands of the web with all her sundry appendages preparing for birthing.

As the next hours pass Ubariya gives birth attended by those of her fellow gods who choose to remain and assist as midwives.

Her first born is humanoid, human in form and near full-grown, with a faint shape of ear similar to that of the elves but is unbreathing. A birth-membrane covers his face and his body has taken on a blueish hue. In dismay and concern Ubariya places one hand upon his chest. "Experience this life, young one! Breathe!" With a wracking, shuddering cough the young human hacks up the pieces of membrane that had fouled his mouth and nose. For a brief moment, the membrane seems to mirror the young man-boy and then it fades to nothingness. Another shudder and the boy begins to breathe easily and his color reverts to the healthy pink of new skin.

Her second born is not visibly human at all but a large sphere of web-like material. It ripples and pulses from the movement of whatever creature or creatures are within it. Quickly she summons a skitterer and fastens the egg-sac to its back. "Take them home, strong one, and guard them well. I shall return home later."

The third birthing results in a tangle of small humanoid forms, nearly half the size of her first born and each with a shock of bright, golden-colored hair. There are four in total, male and female, and each grasps another's ankle or arm or in some other fashion. None seem willing to relinquish their grip without a struggle and much wailing. Soon after birth they fall into an exhausted sleep still clutching their siblings.

Ubariya also seems much exhausted after her third birthing sequence and, for the moment, does not seem to expect more. She flops back on her webbed bed and heaves a deep sigh of contentment. "It is well, I think, Sister," she says to Heliasillyel with a tired smile. Despite having given birth Ubariya is still quite large.

Shayuri

First Post
"I'll visit soon," Silhouette promises vaguely as she crans her neck to follow Ubariya's progress into the building. "But I have to see this first!"

Then she's buzzing off the window ledge like a giant fly, and circling down to follow the other goddesses into the building.

Ubariya's first child is one Silhouette greets with delight. "I made someone like you!" she exclaims. "Only..." she looks at Ubariya expectantly, but the goddess fails to deliver a female of that first one's kind. Silhouette sighs as she scoops goo out of his hair. "You're going to be kind of lonely, aren't you? I did promise my wolf a mate."

"Ubariya? Would you get upset if I made this one into a female instead of a male?"

GlassEye

Adventurer
"What?!" The Lady of Seven Eyes looks closer and the realization that there is only one shows clearly in her dismay. She caresses his face briefly and then reluctantly nods. "If you can make him a match for your wolf, then he is yours with my blessing. Treat him well; as my firstborn he will always hold a special place in my heart." She smiles sadly and withdraws from the beautiful young thing.

Shayuri

First Post
So Silhouette twirled happily around, and with a sweep of her hand spread a wave of sparkly magic that engulfed the man that Ubariya had 'made.' His body changed, becoming something like a wingless, round-eared version of Heliasillyel. Silhouette nodded to herself...she was a lot like what she'd made the wolf into, only female. Pretty as a nymph or dryad, but mortal.

Of course, she didn't know where the wolf -was- at the moment, but that wasn't her problem. She'd provided him with a potential mate, just as promised. Her end of the bargain was fulfilled.

The young goddess then turned her attention to the four smaller humanoids, all clasping each other. She frowned and poked one of their shoulders. "Uh...what are these?" she asked.

(OOC - Pmorph Any Object again...love that spell. :))

Remove ads