• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"The Gunslinger" re-issue

emergent

First Post
Stephen King's The Gunslinger was recently reissued with additional and revised material. Anyone get this yet? I am curious as to what was added and revised. I am a big Dark Tower fan and liked the original book a lot. I liked the "leanness" of it -- the style felt like an Eastwood western. I am worried that the revisions and additions will actually take away from the book.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Thanks for the links. Great site. My mom got a kick out of it, especially the reading by Stephen King for the unreleased novel. My mother read the originals way back when and has been dying for this series to finish. Heck, maybe now that Stephen King has proven that a series can be plotted and finished, Robert Jordan will take a hint.

Apok

First Post
nHammer said:
The world that Talisman takes place in is the same world as the Dark Tower.

More accurately, many of Stephen King's "worlds" interact with each other on some level. The world of the Dark Tower is sort of the hub to those other worlds. The Talisman, The Black House, Hearts in Atlantis, and Insomnia (just to name a few) all relate, in some form or fashion, to the world depicted in the Dark Tower series.

I strongly suggest you read The Black House, as it tells you alot about what's really going on.

Remove ads