• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "HATE" Thread

Mallus

Legend
I hate the over-use of the word "verisimilitude" that RPGers are so prone to.
I'll take that and raise you the over-use of 'simulation'.

Because when gamers use 'simulation', it usually means something akin to 'an eclectic collection of details and/or processes which interest me, absent a logical framework placing them in context, describing how they fit together, or lacking an explicit statement of what's being simulated' (other than, "umm, reality, and stuff").

My favorite current examples can be found in any online gaming discussion involving simulation, hit points and healing surges.

Other than that, I try not to hate on the players or the game (and the DM/GM)!

Jimlock

Adventurer
Ok, too many people are taking "Hate" too literally in this thread.

Perhaps it's my fault for using the word, because after all... hate means hate... but i was thinking more of dislikes... and more of "fun" hatred, as in the Fart-Post on the first page...:)

I dislike player who love the game so much that they walk into a session with no prep, don't have a clue how their character works, and then wonder why I can't manage their charcters along with the rest of the world {and no railroading either!}

I also dislike players that don't invest their character in the world and then wonder why the game feels hollow. Will it kill you to put in some time on a background and have a motivation to adventure?

I dislike GMs that forget that the goal is to entertain everyone at the table.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

Holy Bovine

First Post
I hate players who whine about 'railroading' and complain when things are never 'too tough' for them to handle.

I hate players who then whine that the encounter they just had was 'too tough' for them and that everything should be scaled just for their current level.

I hate when players don't understand that they made me quit DMing 2 years ago and no I don't want to go back.

To balance out all that hate however;

I love rediscovering board games and am delighted that some of my old RPG buddies like them too. So screw you Hate Thread! I'm bringing back the love!

Numlock

First Post
I hate 'helpful' people on this forum who will give the same advice in every 'I have a problem with a player' thread. "Tell them to stop, then boot them.", even if OP has clearly stated he isn't going to boot the player. Sometimes people will try to solve problems, not just avoid people who might cause a problem.

Is this just me?

Holy Bovine

First Post
I hate 'helpful' people on this forum who will give the same advice in every 'I have a problem with a player' thread. "Tell them to stop, then boot them.", even if OP has clearly stated he isn't going to boot the player. Sometimes people will try to solve problems, not just avoid people who might cause a problem.

Is this just me?

I hate when it's just me!!

also - that irks me too. Not quite up to the hate standard being set for the Hate Thread though.

Oryan77

Adventurer
Grouchy.jpg

I hate killing PCs.
I hate killer DMs.
I hate problem players.
I hate edition wars.
I hate players not being committed to playing.
I hate how much money I spend on gaming stuff.
I hate the fact DDM was canceled.
I hate the grapple rules.
I hate players not bringing snacks.
I hate conflicting playstyles that cause the group problems.
I hate player entitlement.
I hate GM superiority complexes.
I hate smelly players.
I hate players not roleplaying with me.
I hate whiny players.
I hate cheaters.
I hate being the only one at the table drinking booze.
I hate not being able to play.
I hate needing rules.
I hate forgetting game related content.
I hate stuttering when I'm roleplaying.
I hate thinking up names on the fly.
I hate that 3.5e was canceled.
I hate that Planescape was canceled.
I hate people that complain about everything.

Pentius

First Post
I hate when there's an advice thread going on, and someone will jump in with an almost related or totally unrelated shpiel on how "that is the problem with X edition".

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads