• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E The Haunting of Calithil Manor

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=There's more!]

Have any of us leveled up? (Or might soon?) That could help bring our APL up a little.

For Theia, I have her at 6000 base + 3410 time + 800x3/5 encounters = 9890. With the holiday weekend and RPing the retreat and rest, that will bring her up to level 5. She's only 5 days away!

Maybe the others have leveled too?

[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=And then....]

If you let us level up, Theia can get:

!!!LIGHTNING BOLT!!!

But seriously, two castings of that 5d6 damage can definitely even the score a bit. That and Web the thing up so Zin can shoot it.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

MerryMortician

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I agree we could turn the tables a bit if we made a tactical withdrawal and then came back. Theia could potentially have more powerful spells; Aelspeth could prepare a loadout that's far more suited to combating undead; Zinnelis could potentially pick up some holy water or something if we're not too far from town (I don't recall now how deep we are in the sticks); and we could pick up ashes on our way back in.[/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]I'm not sure where Zinnelis is on leveling. Not sure he would get anything that would help with undead, unless he can get a magic weapon. But that would mean a magic sword, which isn't an ideal way to spend an archer ranger's money. Though maybe some Magic Weapon scrolls that Aelspeth can cast? Or ghost touch? Is that a thing that can be cast?[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
[sblock=OOC]I'm not sure where Zinnelis is on leveling. Not sure he would get anything that would help with undead, unless he can get a magic weapon. But that would mean a magic sword, which isn't an ideal way to spend an archer ranger's money. Though maybe some Magic Weapon scrolls that Aelspeth can cast? Or ghost touch? Is that a thing that can be cast?[/sblock]

we can make that work if need be[/sblock]

MerryMortician

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]KN, remember that in LPF we sell everything at value. If you bought a magic sword, or any number of items specifically for this adventure, you could sell what you don't need as soon as it's over and re-spec, as it were, before the next. I'm not saying you need a magic sword specifically but if anything comes to mind...[/sblock]

ealt

Explorer
Calithil Manor - Main Hall

The party flees in mortal terror for the vicious ghostly onslaught of the enraged spirit. With Theia's fog providing cover, the party leaves the master suite safely behind. They can still here the enraged screams of the spirit from the main hall, as well as the hissing and crackling of magic. It would seem that the seal on the room's floor will hold the spirit for now; however, judging by the sound it will not hold indefinitely.

[sblock=OOC]
I trust you all have decided how you wish to proceed? The seal will hold the spirit for awhile, but as I said not indefinitely. If you all choose to go to town that is fine; however, things may change at the manor in the interim. As for levels, let me check on that for you guys. By my count as of today, Zinnelis is at level 3 with 3502 xp, Theia is at level 4 with 9912 xp, and Aelspeth is at level 4 with 8794 xp. This is based off of a five-way split thus far, which seems fair as five people were around for the first two encounters, as well as most of the third. Anyway, let me know what you decide! ;)
[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Let's at least leave this room, get some ashes, heal up, level up. If we can make her corporeal, Theia and Aelspeth can sling stronger spells.

Do we get immediate access to new level slots or would we have to wait a day in game time? Same for healing.

If it's undead, a giant bludgeoning weapon might be better. We can all chip in for a magical megasmasher too, if that helps.

The XP breakdown seems fair.

[/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2qm1yle.jpg

Zinnelis Laediril, Elven Ranger (Level 3)
Calathil Manor
Late Afternoon
Round 0

With the fog covering their retreat, Zinnelis led the ladies downstairs into the main foyer to regroup.

“What should we do?” Zinn asked the others. “I have nothing that can harm that creature except this wand, which I need to keep myself up, as well,” he admitted. “This is well outside my expertise, ladies.”

[sblock=OOC]I leveled Zinnelis up to 3 and submitted him for approval. It doesn’t really give me anything to deal with the incorporeal.[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Action:
Move:
Free:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Zinnelis Laerdiril Mini Stats]Zinnelis Laerdiril
AC: 16/13/13 CMD: 18
HP: 10/29
Arrows Available: 53; Cold Iron 60 (0/0 arrows retrieved)

Spells Prepared
None

Game Notes:
[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Working on leveling.

KN, If we can break that enchanment, it will turn corporeal. I think we just need ashes from downstairs and blood.

ealt, how many turns will it take to break the seal?[/sblock]

Remove ads